Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum !  

Search:     Photos: 23,219    Downloads: 840,255   Msgs Posted: 113,784   Thread Views: 17,071,328   Online Now: 51
Go Back   Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum ! > NIAGARA ICEDOGS Fan Forums > Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News

Notices

Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News Discussions posted by the fans about the Niagara IceDogs - talk about games, players, fights, news, etc.

Old 01-09-2018, 11:36 PM
4th Line

bunnie is absolutely hated by othersbunnie is absolutely hated by othersbunnie is absolutely hated by others

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red View Post
I know what happens in the playoffs, we go out in the second round and all those 2nds are for nothing. Then next year when you need all those extra seconds they aren't there. Wonder if Bill Burke will fire Joey for mortgaging the future like Marty did? LOL!
You don't fire your son that's crazy they obviously all agree
Old 01-09-2018, 11:39 PM
4th Line

bunnie is absolutely hated by othersbunnie is absolutely hated by othersbunnie is absolutely hated by others

Quote:
Originally Posted by jumbo1290 View Post
just what are we going to do next year with a pick from 2024? thats what a "distant" pick is
Some people have no clue. Trade a first rounder next year get seconds in return.
Old 01-10-2018, 01:09 AM
Team Captain

Thanked 1,291 Times in 714 Posts
strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bunnie View Post
Some people have no clue. Trade a first rounder next year get seconds in return.

You’re right !

Some people have no clue ! (Like you)

You can’t trade your first round draft picks in the OHL... lol. The rules do not allow it .......

You and many others are missing the whole point of this trade and future years picks and it’s been beaten to death ...

I can only presume that those who don’t understand the problem with this trade don’t understand the nuances of the OHL and the ‘cycle’ 19 of the 20 teams go through in an attempt to win it all ...

We wasted several valuable draft picks to ‘maybe ‘ get out of the first round of the playoffs this year lol

That’s terrible asset management ...
As was not trading Ritchie and Strome several years ago lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to strohs For This Useful Post:
Old 01-10-2018, 01:30 AM
Top Prospect

dogs777 is a splendid one to beholddogs777 is a splendid one to beholddogs777 is a splendid one to beholddogs777 is a splendid one to beholddogs777 is a splendid one to beholddogs777 is a splendid one to beholddogs777 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by strohs View Post
You’re right !

Some people have no clue ! (Like you)

You can’t trade your first round draft picks in the OHL... lol. The rules do not allow it .......

You and many others are missing the whole point of this trade and future years picks and it’s been beaten to death ...

I can only presume that those who don’t understand the problem with this trade don’t understand the nuances of the OHL and the ‘cycle’ 19 of the 20 teams go through in an attempt to win it all ...

We wasted several valuable draft picks to ‘maybe ‘ get out of the first round of the playoffs this year lol

That’s terrible asset management ...
As was not trading Ritchie and Strome several years ago lol

Talk about something that’s been beaten to death bringing the Ritchie and Strome thing back up lol I think they could get to the third round if things aligned
Old 01-10-2018, 01:31 AM
4th Line

modaymorninggm is just really nicemodaymorninggm is just really nicemodaymorninggm is just really nicemodaymorninggm is just really nice

Ice Dogs fans need to relax. The deal makes the team better now. It will likely hurt down the road as those 2nd round picks would be more valuable next year. Having said that this is the first year that Joey has been GM and Billy Head Coach. A division championship would prove to everyone that Mr & Mrs Burke made the right choice in handing the reins over to their boys. Add to that a player who will really help Akil Thomas ( a favorite of the entire Burke family) and you have more than enough justification for this trade. Add to all that the fact that our head scout has been out recruiting the high end players (Norris etc) for next year. When you own you do as you please
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to modaymorninggm For This Useful Post:
Old 01-10-2018, 01:38 AM
Top Prospect

dogs777 is a splendid one to beholddogs777 is a splendid one to beholddogs777 is a splendid one to beholddogs777 is a splendid one to beholddogs777 is a splendid one to beholddogs777 is a splendid one to beholddogs777 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by modaymorninggm View Post
Ice Dogs fans need to relax. The deal makes the team better now. It will likely hurt down the road as those 2nd round picks would be more valuable next year. Having said that this is the first year that Joey has been GM and Billy Head Coach. A division championship would prove to everyone that Mr & Mrs Burke made the right choice in handing the reins over to their boys. Add to that a player who will really help Akil Thomas ( a favorite of the entire Burke family) and you have more than enough justification for this trade. Add to all that the fact that our head scout has been out recruiting the high end players (Norris etc) for next year. When you own you do as you please
Although I agree with pretty much everything you said I don’t think a division title will prove they (Mr & Mrs Burke) made the right choice because people will say it’s only a division title and they’ll still hate the hirings
The Following User Says Thank You to dogs777 For This Useful Post:
Old 01-10-2018, 09:46 AM
Rookie

DOGMANIA is on a distinguished road

We should have saved our picks. From what I saw last week and what Kingston has added to their roster, I really can't see anyone in the east beating them. I hate to sound negative ,but, they just turned a good team into a championship team ! Sam will help us but not to that extent. We will make it to the second round. Go Dogs !
Old 01-10-2018, 10:05 AM
Top Prospect

Thanked 1,646 Times in 779 Posts
Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by strohs View Post

Many are missing the whole point of this trade and future years picks...

I can only presume that those who don't understand the problem with this trade don't understand the nuances of the OHL and the cycle 19 of the 20 teams go through in an attempt to win it all...

We wasted several valuable draft picks to maybe get out of the first round of the playoffs this year.

However, for those who don’t understand why some fans were disappointed in the trade - strohs has summed it up pretty well in his post.

In the end, Sam Miletic represents one less high scoring NHL talent the Ice Dogs can add to their team next year. If this were next year, every single fan on this site would be ecstatic!

Also, trading that 2nd round pick in a very deep 2018 OHL priority draft will affects their ability to go for it next year. A drafted 2nd round player, who emerges as a potential star (e.g., Billy Constantinou) is worth so much more than the 2nd round pick itself.

Several have made some good points in terms of what was right about the trade.

• A divisional championship for first year GM and coach is an accomplishment.
• Improve the team’s offense output and PP production.
• Add a player to help Akil Thomas – increase his draft value.
• Team confidence, leadership and mentorship.
All good points made by many of you on this site!

After the dust has settled, most fans will probably get on board and rally behind the new look 2018 Ice Dogs.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Blacksox For This Useful Post:
Old 01-10-2018, 10:43 AM
Big League

Thanked 1,104 Times in 651 Posts
retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!

Add a player to help Akil Thomas – increase his draft value.

I believe that this above might have played a big part in this trade and Joey stated that Sam would play with Thomas.

I am not very happy that those picks (I wanted those picks too) went to the evil empire, but I still think there is a plan at the end of the road for them having made this move.

Speaking for myself on this move, I am moving on to bigger and better things..
Go Dogs Go
Old 01-10-2018, 11:10 AM
Rookie

DOGMANIA is on a distinguished road

Blacksox, I totally understand the money aspect of junior hockey and the politics but we are going nowhere this year. This is all about the money. The playoffs is a whole new ball game. But when you see the talent that other teams have traded for, it makes you think, that this is all in vain because we cannot compete with the likes of Hamilton, Kingston, the Soo. This is about playoff money. If the dogs are thinking East Championship or even a future Memorial Cup hosting they need a 100% improvement. I look at what is happening in the Q and WHL, we are way behind those better teams. Unless Joey pulls a few rabbits out of a hat, we are not leaving the O for a long time. I have been watching junior hockey for a long time and at this point in this season is where you separate the men from the boys. We do not have natural goal scorers, nor consistant play or keepers. Stevey D even gets tired. We do not have the defense to help our keepers out. Yes they block shots but the opponents should not even get to that point.