Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum !  

Search:     Photos: 23,352    Downloads: 966,098   Msgs Posted: 118,219   Thread Views: 19,217,826   Online Now: 92
Go Back   Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum ! > NIAGARA ICEDOGS Fan Forums > Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News

Notices

Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News Discussions posted by the fans about the Niagara IceDogs - talk about games, players, fights, news, etc.

Old 01-09-2018, 02:05 PM

Thanked 2,599 Times in 1,420 Posts
NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blacksox View Post
I don't care how many goals he scores or how many games we win as a result of this trade - it was the WRONG thing to do this year!!!
This is the politics of having a first round draft pick in the NHL. Thomas' performance has slipped relative to last year, but he has been propped up by his line-mates where he gets an assist or second assist. If he was politically a "lesser caliber" player he'd have been moved down the line-up until he started scoring more goals. So the team brings in a ringer to help Thomas over the points hurdle.
Old 01-09-2018, 02:07 PM
Resident OHL Expert

Thanked 2,386 Times in 982 Posts
fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogs777 View Post
We have seconds in other years do we not so itís not that big a deal honestly some people are way overreacting
The more 2nds you have the more players you can get.

It doesn't matter if they still have 2nds. Now, instead of getting two good players next year they can only get one. Or instead of three they can only get two.

Next year is what matters.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to fishfan51 For This Useful Post:
Old 01-09-2018, 02:12 PM
Big League

dogs777 has much to be proud ofdogs777 has much to be proud ofdogs777 has much to be proud ofdogs777 has much to be proud ofdogs777 has much to be proud ofdogs777 has much to be proud ofdogs777 has much to be proud ofdogs777 has much to be proud ofdogs777 has much to be proud ofdogs777 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishfan51 View Post
The more 2nds you have the more players you can get.

It doesn't matter if they still have 2nds. Now, instead of getting two good players next year they can only get one. Or instead of three they can only get two.

Next year is what matters.
I bet you they still get done whatever they want to for next years team regardless of this trade
Old 01-09-2018, 02:14 PM
Big League

dogs777 has much to be proud ofdogs777 has much to be proud ofdogs777 has much to be proud ofdogs777 has much to be proud ofdogs777 has much to be proud ofdogs777 has much to be proud ofdogs777 has much to be proud ofdogs777 has much to be proud ofdogs777 has much to be proud ofdogs777 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiceDawg View Post
We'll just bookmark this comment for next year when you wonder why we didn't load up further.
You do that but it will still be opinion based weather we loaded up enough or not
Old 01-09-2018, 02:15 PM
Big League

Thanked 2,044 Times in 975 Posts
Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
I bet you they still get done whatever they want to for next years team regardless of this trade
Using what currency? Bitcoin?
Old 01-09-2018, 02:17 PM
Big League

Thanked 2,044 Times in 975 Posts
Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
This is the politics of having a first round draft pick in the NHL. Thomas' performance has slipped relative to last year, but he has been propped up by his line-mates where he gets an assist or second assist. If he was politically a "lesser caliber" player he'd have been moved down the line-up until he started scoring more goals. So the team brings in a ringer to help Thomas over the points hurdle.
If that's the reason for the trade, I'm not renew my season tickets next year!
Old 01-09-2018, 02:18 PM

NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
You do that but it will still be opinion based weather we loaded up enough or not
Ok, you explain:

1) How many experienced players would you like to add next year?
2) How much do experienced players cost in terms of 2nd round picks?
3) How many 2nd round picks do we have?
4) How do we get more 2nd round picks?

Take your time with the answer. I find it helpful to remove my socks for numbers over ten
Old 01-09-2018, 02:18 PM
Big League

Quote:
You only need to look at the players leaving and returning to the Eastern Conference - to conclude that this was a poorly thought out trade! And next year, when the Ice Dogs are amoung the league leaders, but unable to make any significant trades to give themselves a chance to win it all - you might see this differently!

This is an incredibly short-sighted trade - with little return know (maybe win a playoff round - big deal) and nothing for next year (when we had a legitimate shot at winning the East).

I don't care how many goals he scores or how many games we win as a result of this trade - it was the WRONG thing to do this year!!!

Go look at the draft picks this team still has they can add guys and win the East next year if thatís the plan. How can you say little return with confidence you donít know what having him around does for the guys in the room already
Old 01-09-2018, 02:22 PM

Quote:
If that's the reason for the trade, I'm not renew my season tickets next year!
You are the numbers guy... how many second assists does Thomas have? As an experiment, if you left a guy like Castleman on the top line and migrated Thomas down the ladder accordingly, do you believe Ollie's stats would climb and Akil's stats would faulter

I was thinking Divisional pennant as motivation when I first read the trade, but mentioning right off the bat that Miletic would play with Thomas, tipped his hand in terms of motivation.
Old 01-09-2018, 02:24 PM
Big League

Quote:
Ok, you explain:

1) How many experienced players would you like to add next year?
2) How much do experienced players cost in terms of 2nd round picks?
3) How many 2nd round picks do we have?
4) How do we get more 2nd round picks?

Take your time with the answer. I find it helpful to remove my socks for numbers over ten
I canít really answer the first 2 questions for sure because I donít know what we need next year without 1 seeing our team next year and 2 seeing who other teams actually bring back as for the second question that depends on the GM you are dealing with answer to the third question you have the ability to look at the database donít you? As for the 4th question you do it in 2 seasons assuming our run is net year.