Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum !  

Search:     Photos: 23,423    Downloads: 1,189,225   Msgs Posted: 121,121   Thread Views: 21,341,936   Online Now: 100
Go Back   Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum ! > NIAGARA ICEDOGS Fan Forums > Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News

Notices

Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News Discussions posted by the fans about the Niagara IceDogs - talk about games, players, fights, news, etc.

Old 01-12-2018, 10:05 AM
Top Prospect

AuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to AuldBone

Quote:
Originally Posted by bunnie View Post
Langdon needs to be sat down. That was a stupid selfish play. He always wants to do the big open ice hit instead of making a smart play. His failure to clear the puck cost them a goal and his egotistical penalty for five minutes gave Erie another one and shifted momentum. I am tired of him trying to be a tough guy hero.
It's possible he knows that he's not back next year and is trying to entice another club to take a chance on him. I don't see him playing pro anywhere, but maybe going to USports.

And you're forgetting that him getting the game misconduct also cost us a forward, so we were pretty much rolling 3 lines for the rest of the game. Plus taking his physicality out of the game that early also allowed Erie's bigger players to have more room.

Also, he's integral to our PK. And he can score under the right circumstances.

So his selfish play... Costs us more than most people realize. Which is one of the reasons I hope IceDogs management get their heads out, and let him go before next season. I don't want this Albatross around the necks of the team next year.

Move out Schaefer and Langdon. Keep Dhillon and Lochead. And let's bring in an (OA) high end scorer, or a shut down Dman...
Old 01-12-2018, 10:21 AM
1st Line

123 G! has a reputation beyond repute123 G! has a reputation beyond repute123 G! has a reputation beyond repute123 G! has a reputation beyond repute123 G! has a reputation beyond repute123 G! has a reputation beyond repute123 G! has a reputation beyond repute123 G! has a reputation beyond repute123 G! has a reputation beyond repute123 G! has a reputation beyond repute123 G! has a reputation beyond repute

Story on Miletic's first game and some good quotes from coach Burke:

http://www.stcatharinesstandard.ca/2...-icedogs-debut
Old 01-12-2018, 10:39 AM
Big League

dogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by bunnie View Post
Langdon needs to be sat down. That was a stupid selfish play. He always wants to do the big open ice hit instead of making a smart play. His failure to clear the puck cost them a goal and his egotistical penalty for five minutes gave Erie another one and shifted momentum. I am tired of him trying to be a tough guy hero.

Myself personally i thought that was a clean hit... i couldnt beleive they gave him a 5
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dogs77 For This Useful Post:
Old 01-12-2018, 11:33 AM
1st Line

hotdog fan has a reputation beyond reputehotdog fan has a reputation beyond reputehotdog fan has a reputation beyond reputehotdog fan has a reputation beyond reputehotdog fan has a reputation beyond reputehotdog fan has a reputation beyond reputehotdog fan has a reputation beyond reputehotdog fan has a reputation beyond reputehotdog fan has a reputation beyond reputehotdog fan has a reputation beyond reputehotdog fan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogs77 View Post
Myself personally i thought that was a clean hit... i couldnt beleive they gave him a 5
Thats because it was Oakmans crew.
The Following User Says Thank You to hotdog fan For This Useful Post:
Old 01-12-2018, 11:42 AM

Thanked 2,775 Times in 1,517 Posts
NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
I didn't see it either. The puck was right there and it was a shoulder hit. The only thing I didn't look at during the replay at the game was whether Langdon left his feet. Langdon was closer to the puck and was coming from a distance which was probably the argument Oakman will use, that Langdon should have played the puck.
Old 01-12-2018, 11:42 AM
Big League

dogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other members

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chipperdog View Post
So why can't the powers to be figure it out and fix it? It is so frustrating to watch lol...they desperately need our help.
I think the coaches know how to fix it but the players still have to do whatever it is they say
Old 01-12-2018, 11:46 AM

Thanked 2,775 Times in 1,517 Posts
NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogs777 View Post
I think the coaches know how to fix it but the players still have to do whatever it is they say
Miletic looked back to the bench a few times during the power play and scolded Thomas. Seemed apparent to me that whatever the coach said to try wasn't working and Miletic was frustrated. As much as Miletic may have been brought in to help Thomas' numbers, they didn't seem to have any chemistry, unlike Hunter who quickly adapted to the give and go style of play Miletic was establishing.
Old 01-12-2018, 11:50 AM
Big League

Thanked 1,424 Times in 868 Posts
retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiceDawg View Post
I didn't see it either. The puck was right there and it was a shoulder hit. The only thing I didn't look at during the replay at the game was whether Langdon left his feet. Langdon was closer to the puck and was coming from a distance which was probably the argument Oakman will use, that Langdon should have played the puck.
On impact, Langdon had both feet off of the ice from my view of the play.
Old 01-12-2018, 11:59 AM
Big League

Thanked 1,424 Times in 868 Posts
retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiceDawg View Post
Miletic looked back to the bench a few times during the power play and scolded Thomas. Seemed apparent to me that whatever the coach said to try wasn't working and Miletic was frustrated. As much as Miletic may have been brought in to help Thomas' numbers, they didn't seem to have any chemistry, unlike Hunter who quickly adapted to the give and go style of play Miletic was establishing.
In my opinion, Thomas needs to be scolded big time. Sam was brought in to make us better this year and also with the agenda of making Thomas play better.
His draft stock has been dropping steadily to date.

If Thomas is smart, he will make a 100% effort to listen to every word that Sam says.

I always make a point of watching our pregame warm-ups and can usually tell how our super nice kids will come out. Once again, last night was not a surprised. I even spent a long time focusing on Sam and on many occasions, he just stood in a spot all by himself and just shrugged his shoulders as to probably what he was watching. I understand that this was his first warm-up but, I think that he will have a lot to say going down the road.
Our young players should pay attention after all, Sam is an NHL signed prospect.
Done with the Sam cheering, but, I still think that we paid too much for him....

Last edited by retired/sectionJ; 01-12-2018 at 12:02 PM.
Old 01-12-2018, 12:02 PM
Rookie

Robbyhockey will become famous soon enough

Quote:
The last I checked taking a 10 foot run and jumping through a hit is not clean. Playing tuff and playing stupid are not the same thing.

Last edited by Robbyhockey; 01-12-2018 at 12:34 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Robbyhockey For This Useful Post: