Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum !  

Search:     Photos: 23,453    Downloads: 1,216,734   Msgs Posted: 122,223   Thread Views: 21,800,128   Online Now: 86
Go Back   Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum ! > NIAGARA ICEDOGS Fan Forums > Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News

Notices

Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News Discussions posted by the fans about the Niagara IceDogs - talk about games, players, fights, news, etc.

Old 01-13-2018, 04:50 PM
Big League

dogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by strohs View Post
Niagara was rebuilding and Petro was returning from WJC. Desousa went home sulking and asked for a trade too.

I think McCourt was coaching that year.

Marty was still with the Colts ... ended up in Niagara the next season to coach Strome ... great deal.

I remember Petro being quite dominant ... watching him skate at the tiny Jack rink lol. #memories

I’m very surprised on the tenth anniversary of the Dogs being here that they did not retire a number ... Petro ... Aggy ... Strome ... Vizzer ... all worthy candidates ...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The dogs were old school traditional... they couldnt retire numbers cause they didnt go past 31... now that they have changed that policy we may start to see a number or 2 get hung in the rafters... my guess would be Petro. Me personally id like to see Aggy up there.
The Following User Says Thank You to dogs77 For This Useful Post:
Old 01-13-2018, 10:10 PM
Team Captain

Thanked 1,557 Times in 858 Posts
strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogs77 View Post
The dogs were old school traditional... they couldnt retire numbers cause they didnt go past 31... now that they have changed that policy we may start to see a number or 2 get hung in the rafters... my guess would be Petro. Me personally id like to see Aggy up there.

I think Aggy is more deserving even though Petro has been the much better pro.

Aggy played five years scored a tonne of points some huge clutch goals and was class on and off the ice (from whatever I saw of him anyways).

If I was owner he’d be the first number to go to the rafters.

The Following User Says Thank You to strohs For This Useful Post:
Old 01-13-2018, 11:03 PM
1st Line

Red has much to be proud ofRed has much to be proud ofRed has much to be proud ofRed has much to be proud ofRed has much to be proud ofRed has much to be proud ofRed has much to be proud ofRed has much to be proud ofRed has much to be proud ofRed has much to be proud of

What about Hamilton?
Old 01-13-2018, 11:38 PM
Team Captain

strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red View Post
What about Hamilton?

Very good too

Kinda forgot about him

I’d still say Aggy though ...

Old 01-14-2018, 12:01 AM
Top Prospect

Chipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond repute

Aggy all the way
Old 01-14-2018, 01:08 AM
3rd Line

modaymorninggm is a glorious beacon of lightmodaymorninggm is a glorious beacon of lightmodaymorninggm is a glorious beacon of lightmodaymorninggm is a glorious beacon of lightmodaymorninggm is a glorious beacon of light

Anyone know why they changed their policy on no number above 31 ?
Old 01-14-2018, 09:24 AM
Resident OHL Expert

Thanked 2,563 Times in 1,064 Posts
fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by modaymorninggm View Post
Anyone know why they changed their policy on no number above 31 ?
Welcome to the “New Age”.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to fishfan51 For This Useful Post:
Old 01-14-2018, 05:49 PM
4th Line

bunnie is absolutely hated by othersbunnie is absolutely hated by othersbunnie is absolutely hated by othersbunnie is absolutely hated by othersbunnie is absolutely hated by others

I would think if they were going to honor somebody they would first have to have achieved something worthy and second have a love for the team still. So I am thinking made it to the NHL and had some success and would actually show up for the ceremony. Who are the NHLrs that still remember their roots?
Old 01-14-2018, 08:19 PM
Team Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by bunnie View Post
I would think if they were going to honor somebody they would first have to have achieved something worthy and second have a love for the team still. So I am thinking made it to the NHL and had some success and would actually show up for the ceremony. Who are the NHLrs that still remember their roots?

It is subjective I guess, how a team decides what numbers to retire, but
I actually don’t agree with your criteria whatsoever.

Petro may have had the more successful NHL career then Aggy, but Aggy by far accomplished the most for this franchise while he was here. It’s not even close.

The fact that Aggy went undrafted, eventually was signed to an AHL deal, then at least had a cup of coffee in the NHL, speaks to his character and determination, for a player who was not gifted with NHL size or speed.

In fact, some may argue that Petro did more for this franchise by being traded than by what he did on the ice ...

Check them both out on hockeydb and you tell me who was the more impactful Dog ... Petro or Aggy.

The answer is quite obvious.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to strohs For This Useful Post:
Old 01-14-2018, 10:23 PM

Thanked 2,869 Times in 1,568 Posts
NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!

Dougie Hamilton is still in the NHL and calls St. Catharines home from time to time.