Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum !  

Search:     Photos: 23,352    Downloads: 966,098   Msgs Posted: 118,219   Thread Views: 19,217,806   Online Now: 88
Go Back   Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum ! > NIAGARA ICEDOGS Fan Forums > Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News

Notices

Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News Discussions posted by the fans about the Niagara IceDogs - talk about games, players, fights, news, etc.

Old 02-16-2015, 11:33 AM
1st Line

Dogs Enthusiast 104 is well liked by the other membersDogs Enthusiast 104 is well liked by the other membersDogs Enthusiast 104 is well liked by the other membersDogs Enthusiast 104 is well liked by the other membersDogs Enthusiast 104 is well liked by the other membersDogs Enthusiast 104 is well liked by the other membersDogs Enthusiast 104 is well liked by the other membersDogs Enthusiast 104 is well liked by the other membersDogs Enthusiast 104 is well liked by the other membersDogs Enthusiast 104 is well liked by the other membersDogs Enthusiast 104 is well liked by the other members

Quote:
Non 95's who will be back
Perlini, Ho-Sang, Knott, Paquette, Gillard, Corneil,
Dunn, Siebenaler, Wilkie, Haydon, Mikulovich, Mantha
Ho-Sang will be back? Is this true, I thought when he arrived it was reported he will only be here this season.

Can somebody explain how it is possible for Ho-Sang to be here next here?
Old 02-16-2015, 11:58 AM
Big League

Thanked 2,044 Times in 975 Posts
Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogs Enthusiast 104 View Post
Ho-Sang will be back? Is this true, I thought when he arrived it was reported he will only be here this season.

Not sure if this answers your question, however, this was written in the Nov 15th, 2014 edition of The Standard.

Ho-Sang is a dominant player who, much like Montreal Canadiens defenceman P.K.Subban, can rub some the wrong way with his often flamboyant nature.
We had being doing our due diligence, taking to the Islanders and some players like Jordan Maletta and got a comfort level," Williamson said. "I know enough about him on-ice.
"We got a comfort level and if the price got to where we were comfortable for a guy who's going to be here this year and next year, we were pretty enthused about it."

Last edited by Blacksox; 02-16-2015 at 09:46 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Blacksox For This Useful Post:
Old 02-16-2015, 12:22 PM
Resident OHL Expert

Thanked 2,386 Times in 982 Posts
fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:

Ho-Sang is not an OA (over age) player next year as he'll only be 19 yrs old. As a 19 year old that was drafted out of the OHL (NYI drafted him from Windsor) Ho-Sang has to either be in the NHL or returned to junior hockey. Since there next to no chance he will be playing in the NHL next season, he will be returning to Niagara.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to fishfan51 For This Useful Post:
Old 02-16-2015, 12:42 PM
1st Line

Dogs Enthusiast 104 is well liked by the other membersDogs Enthusiast 104 is well liked by the other membersDogs Enthusiast 104 is well liked by the other membersDogs Enthusiast 104 is well liked by the other membersDogs Enthusiast 104 is well liked by the other membersDogs Enthusiast 104 is well liked by the other membersDogs Enthusiast 104 is well liked by the other membersDogs Enthusiast 104 is well liked by the other membersDogs Enthusiast 104 is well liked by the other membersDogs Enthusiast 104 is well liked by the other membersDogs Enthusiast 104 is well liked by the other members

Thanks for the answers.

About this OHL/NHL 19 year old rule. So this means he is only allowed to be in these 2 leagues and those are the only options?

Would this also mean that McDavid could be in the OHL next year too?
Old 02-16-2015, 01:14 PM
Resident OHL Expert

Thanked 2,386 Times in 982 Posts
fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Thanks for the answers.

About this OHL/NHL 19 year old rule. So this means he is only allowed to be in these 2 leagues and those are the only options?

Would this also mean that McDavid could be in the OHL next year too?
McDavid must be in the OHL or the NHL next year. Keep in mind next year he will only be 18.

The following year he can go to the AHL as a 19 year old because he was granted "exceptional status" and entered the OHL as an under aged 15 year old. After 4 years in the OHL he can be sent to the AHL. The point is moot though as McDavid will be on the NHL next year.

As for Ho-Sang, yes those are his two options. NHL or OHL.
Old 02-16-2015, 07:02 PM
SysOp

Thanked 2,778 Times in 1,356 Posts
AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blacksox View Post
Our school is going to the Ice Dogs game on Friday so for our school assembly I re-edited my previous Ho-Sang video to give it a new look and sound. I really hope he is back next year!

http://youtu.be/AirO-qYWBgg
You're using material from TVCogeco. I just got a handful of complaints filed against me by TVCogeco because I was using some of their footage in Youtube videos I posted. If I were you, if you don't want TVCogeco to threaten you - delete the video, and DO NOT show it at your school. Just my advice.

Then again, I'm the guy TVCogeco picks on. There's thousands of other TVCogeco videos on youtube, posted by people who aren't part of Cogeco, and they're all still up and running.

Actually, ignore what i first said. TVCogeco probably doesn't have a problem with people posting their videos - just ME posting their videos.
Old 02-16-2015, 08:19 PM

Thanked 2,599 Times in 1,420 Posts
NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!

Call down to TVCogeco and let them know your situation (not for profit - no fees charged) and see if they will grant you a limited license. I don't think the problem is here where the audience is smaller but on YouTube where the audience is huge. If Cogeco has the same vids on their site, they may allow reference there.
Old 02-16-2015, 10:20 PM
Big League

Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!

UPDATE: Here is a summary of the answers to the original questions. Future looks bright for the Ice Dogs!

Who do you see returning next year?
Perlini, Ho-Sang, Knott, Paquette, Gillard, Corneil, Dunn, Siebenaler, Wilkie, Haydon, Mikulovich, Mantha

Who do you think will not return and why not?
Brosnan and Fitzmorris appear to be the odd men out.
Aagaard - Ice Dog fans seem divided on him.
Verhaeghe - Not likely to return. Ice Dogs at the mercy of the Leafs

Which over-age players will the Ice Dogs retain next year?
Maletta and DiFruscia are both good local players and it makes sense.

They will have two first round picks in April – any idea as to who they might get?
Does anyone have information of the current draft rankings?

What will the team look like from the goal out?
Here are the possible new players to keep an eye on. Anyone have information regarding any of the players not named Fredreric? Where are they playing and how are they doing?
Langdon, Krassey, Ruesschoff, Fredreric, Dame, Crowder, Wieranga, Schaeffer, Minney (Mich State) unlikely to report.

Last edited by Blacksox; 02-16-2015 at 10:22 PM.
Old 02-26-2015, 01:06 PM
Big League

Great story on an unsung hero of the Ice Dogs! Hope he is in fact back next year!

http://www.stcatharinesstandard.ca/2...unior-a-report
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Blacksox For This Useful Post:
Old 02-26-2015, 02:42 PM
Big League

bulldog has a reputation beyond reputebulldog has a reputation beyond reputebulldog has a reputation beyond reputebulldog has a reputation beyond reputebulldog has a reputation beyond reputebulldog has a reputation beyond reputebulldog has a reputation beyond reputebulldog has a reputation beyond reputebulldog has a reputation beyond reputebulldog has a reputation beyond reputebulldog has a reputation beyond repute

Wow, only 11 games left, where has the season gone ?