Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum !  

Search:     Photos: 23,747    Downloads: 1,656,722   Msgs Posted: 130,968   Thread Views: 27,680,091   Online Now: 98
Go Back   Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum ! > NIAGARA ICEDOGS Fan Forums > Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News

Notices

Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News Discussions posted by the fans about the Niagara IceDogs - talk about games, players, fights, news, etc.

Old 02-17-2019, 07:05 PM
All Star

Thanked 1,127 Times in 771 Posts
three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!

Fourth goal on Dhillion was brutal the Dogs had chances ran into a hot netminder the two shorthand goals the difference wonder if McGrath starts tomorrow.
The Following User Says Thank You to three dog night For This Useful Post:
Old 02-17-2019, 07:06 PM
All Star

Thanked 1,127 Times in 771 Posts
three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogged74 View Post
Iím thinking maybe giving Steve Dhillon 239 straight starts might not have been the best idea. I donít know, maybe mix in a backup goaltender every once in a while.
Expect he hasnít
The Following User Says Thank You to three dog night For This Useful Post:
Old 02-17-2019, 07:29 PM
3rd Line

OlDawg has a spectacular aura aboutOlDawg has a spectacular aura about
Default AWFUL

Quote:
Originally Posted by strohs View Post
Wow Dhillon

AWFUL

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The whole league knows to shoot high on Mr D. Can our new goalie coach have any effect?
Old 02-17-2019, 07:31 PM
Team Captain

Thanked 1,942 Times in 1,223 Posts
retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!

Before the game, I predicted that the Ice Dogs would win the game and send Sudbury a message for the playoffs.

Niagara did send the Wolves a message, but the problem is that when the Wolves left town, our players were standing outside watching them while waving the white flag of surrender.

Dhillon and Brassard were indeed terrible today, but I put the full blame on coach Billy.
I have been a supporter of Billy, but, I now truly believe that he has lost the room and it is time for him to go.
Unfortunately, not going to happen.

We will finish in 3rd in the East, maybe 4th.
We will win the first round and our season will end in the 2nd round, unless the boys pull it together on their own just like our 2016 team did.
The Following User Says Thank You to retired/sectionJ For This Useful Post:
Old 02-17-2019, 07:35 PM
3rd Line

OlDawg has a spectacular aura aboutOlDawg has a spectacular aura about
Default 239 starts

Quote:
Originally Posted by three dog night View Post
Expect he hasnít
In this league in order to go somewhere in the playoffs when you are "going for it"

don't you need to know you have a "money" goaltender? Have we that player?

A team has to be able to count on the man in goal...
Old 02-17-2019, 07:56 PM
Big League

dogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond repute

My approach here is not to bash Steve Dhillon, please don’t misunderstand. My approach is that Mr. Dhillon has been burnt out from overplaying throughout the season. Steve Dhillon has saved the Dogs’ bacon many times this year. Many games have there been when I’ve come away saying ‘Dhillon won that game’ or ‘If it wasn’t for Dhillon...’
There were also many times when I was happy to see Christian Sbraglia get a start, just to preserve Dhillon for a night, give him a night off, that kind of thing. But too often, the coaching staff has chosen not to play Sbraglia in a game that they could have, to get him some experience and to save some wear-and-tear on Dhillon.
But now, where are we( the draft-pick sh—show aside)?
Old 02-17-2019, 08:21 PM
Top Prospect

Dogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogged74 View Post
My approach here is not to bash Steve Dhillon, please donít misunderstand. My approach is that Mr. Dhillon has been burnt out from overplaying throughout the season. Steve Dhillon has saved the Dogsí bacon many times this year. Many games have there been when Iíve come away saying ĎDhillon won that gameí or ĎIf it wasnít for Dhillon...í
Perhaps Dhillon should not have played last night against a much easier team.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dogs Enthusiast 104 For This Useful Post:
Old 02-17-2019, 08:28 PM
Resident OHL Expert

Thanked 2,966 Times in 1,244 Posts
fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by three dog night View Post
Fourth goal on Dhillion was brutal the Dogs had chances ran into a hot netminder the two shorthand goals the difference wonder if McGrath starts tomorrow.
The Dogs didnít run into a hot goaltender. Heís a good goaltender, maybe the best in the league. He wins games on his own. Goaltending and lack of coaching lost todayís game.

The PK has been crap all year. Today they faced the 20th ranked PP in a 20 team league and still gave up multiple goals. With the talent the Dogs have itís completely unacceptable. If it was one bad game, you can blame the players. When it happens for a 50 game stretch, itís the coaching.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to fishfan51 For This Useful Post:
Old 02-17-2019, 08:30 PM
Team Captain

Thanked 1,996 Times in 1,124 Posts
strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogs Enthusiast 104 View Post

Don’t speak logically about the use of the backup goalie and starting goalie lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to strohs For This Useful Post:
Old 02-17-2019, 08:49 PM
Team Captain

dogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogs Enthusiast 104 View Post
Although I agree with you when it comes to the #1 goalie not starting games like that I donít think this is a workload thing I just think itís an average goalie looking like he and other average goalies do especially in junior hockey.......just ok Iíve felt this way about Dhillon since year 1