Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum !  

Search:     Photos: 23,746    Downloads: 1,650,576   Msgs Posted: 130,805   Thread Views: 27,565,404   Online Now: 94
Go Back   Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum ! > NIAGARA ICEDOGS Fan Forums > Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News

Notices

Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News Discussions posted by the fans about the Niagara IceDogs - talk about games, players, fights, news, etc.

View Poll Results: Should the Dogs change their start time on New Years Eve?
Yes, I want to see the Canada/USA game as well. 21 53.85%
No, Leave it alone. 14 35.90%
Don't care. 4 10.26%
Voters: 39. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-01-2015, 11:38 AM
2nd Line

Location: Section C since the beginning then moved to new arena!
canucks4 is a splendid one to beholdcanucks4 is a splendid one to beholdcanucks4 is a splendid one to beholdcanucks4 is a splendid one to beholdcanucks4 is a splendid one to beholdcanucks4 is a splendid one to beholdcanucks4 is a splendid one to beholdcanucks4 is a splendid one to behold

Not everyone steps on them - I don't - my group around me doesn't - STH likely don't - it's the young hockey teams and first timer visitors and those used to stepping on the wood benches at the Jack - ushers should be educating people not to step on the seats - a few signs wouldn't kill. I don't see people climbing over seats in Toronto or Buffalo. Also staff are paid to maintain the arena - cleaning the seats and sweeping the floors are part of their paid jobs. Our contracted management should be enforcing these policies just as they enforce all the others.
The Following User Says Thank You to canucks4 For This Useful Post:
Old 01-01-2015, 11:53 AM

Thanked 3,468 Times in 1,898 Posts
NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by the dog View Post
yes my seats are dirty to...everyone steps on them to get to other rows
The closer you are to the center of some sections, the more you'll see this. I have observed people near the ends of the rows simply refuse to stand and allow people to move by them. Some are elderly, some obese, most just ignorant. I agree standing on seats is not ideal but not everyone can step from one level to the next. I have long enough legs and sufficient flexibility, but perhaps those near the ends could simply stand up and allow passage?
Old 01-01-2015, 01:00 PM
2nd Line

g_squad has much to be proud ofg_squad has much to be proud ofg_squad has much to be proud ofg_squad has much to be proud ofg_squad has much to be proud ofg_squad has much to be proud ofg_squad has much to be proud ofg_squad has much to be proud ofg_squad has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by NachoLou View Post
To those who keep saying trade Payne ask yourself this, if he sucks so bad: Why would another team give you anything for him? If you want rid of him: Why would anyone want him? Add the fact that he's an OA greatly limits where you can trade him. Do you think a contending team wants to use one of their important OA spots on a guy who stinks? Do you think a re-building team has any reason to give you an asset of theirs for a guy who'll be out of the league soon?

I know why people want to trade away bad players but I don't know why they'd expect something in return. If you can see that he's not doing anything for the team, what makes you think other teams scouts can't. And why would they want that on their team?

You can try to trade Payne and Jenkins. Who'd want them?
You are absolutely right! Let's just release them both and cut our losses. Time to get some of the youngsters that are sitting in the wings into some games and see what they can do. I don't mind watching loss after loss when it is a young team (i.e. last season) and they are taking their lumps, learning the game and gelling as a team on their way to building for a good playoff run. I have no appetite left for this continual Jeckyl and Hyde team and their half *** effort. Peterborough was missing their top F (Ritchie) and their top D (Machin) and playing a 16 yo rookie goalie and we still couldn't beat them. I congratulate Wells on a well played game but the Dogs did make it easy for him. His shots against was high but a high percentage were from the outside and would not be considered legitimate scoring chances. Once again, the effort of the Dogs was marginal with a lot of broken plays, bad passing and a reluctance to be the first man to the puck in the corner.

Blow it up and start over. Please!!!
The Following User Says Thank You to g_squad For This Useful Post:
Old 01-01-2015, 01:28 PM
3rd Line

Swifty14 is a splendid one to beholdSwifty14 is a splendid one to beholdSwifty14 is a splendid one to beholdSwifty14 is a splendid one to beholdSwifty14 is a splendid one to beholdSwifty14 is a splendid one to beholdSwifty14 is a splendid one to behold

Do you think we could wrap a stick of dynamite to Marty? A good coach gets every once out of a player! Players want to play their ass of for a good coach! Blow it up from the top, stop ranting on the players here. Every team has players that aren't up to snuff, but everyone else finds a way to hide guys and get the job done. Marty thinks too much of himself. He stinks and his track record proves it, and go ahead and tell me his season stats! I'm talkin important games that mean something! Can't wait till they put peanut Jr behind the bench next!! What's his track record? Oh ya nothing cause he didn't even coach tyke or midget or anything, great candidate picking his nose behind the bench waiting to take the job daddy gives him!! Sorry but we have bigger fish to fry then Payne and Jenkins, who I agree are useless, but not the issue here!!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Swifty14 For This Useful Post:
Old 01-01-2015, 04:08 PM
All Star

Thanked 1,121 Times in 767 Posts
three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!

My seat was clean maybe just a few announcement of not stepping over seats can do.
Old 01-01-2015, 04:27 PM
1st Line

hotdog fan has a reputation beyond reputehotdog fan has a reputation beyond reputehotdog fan has a reputation beyond reputehotdog fan has a reputation beyond reputehotdog fan has a reputation beyond reputehotdog fan has a reputation beyond reputehotdog fan has a reputation beyond reputehotdog fan has a reputation beyond reputehotdog fan has a reputation beyond reputehotdog fan has a reputation beyond reputehotdog fan has a reputation beyond repute

Well maybe if the people who want to get out would be polite and not look at you as if to say you have to move for me or just stand there and wait for you to move me more people would move on the aisle. All it takes is a simple please can I get by. I sit on the aisle and this happens all the time. The thing that really pisses me off is the people that can't wait for a whistle.
Old 01-01-2015, 04:28 PM
Big League

Thanked 1,138 Times in 668 Posts
dogs77 is absolutely magnificent!dogs77 is absolutely magnificent!dogs77 is absolutely magnificent!dogs77 is absolutely magnificent!dogs77 is absolutely magnificent!dogs77 is absolutely magnificent!dogs77 is absolutely magnificent!dogs77 is absolutely magnificent!dogs77 is absolutely magnificent!dogs77 is absolutely magnificent!dogs77 is absolutely magnificent!

My seat is always clean and usually when I walk into the rink I see some staff walking around seat level wiping seats.. I'm sure they are doing the best they can. I see people stepping on the seats all the time... I just wipe mine if it.has a foot print.. it's not that tough
Old 01-01-2015, 10:25 PM
Big League

dogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond repute

I think if Williamson had been fired in November(as I've been suggesting since October) perhaps this team might have hit the heights all the experts were predicting. It's too late now for this year. And it pisses me off, b/c the Dogs had(and still have, mostly)the team that really could have contended for a title this year. Were ALL of the experts this far off? I feel like we should all get refunds. As far as the trade deadline, my goodness, I don't know. What percentage of the roster would have to be changed out in order for this team to improve?
Old 01-01-2015, 10:34 PM
Team Captain

Thanked 1,989 Times in 1,121 Posts
strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!

Dogged74... Injuries crushed us at the beginning of the year. Acquiring Payne has been a colossal failure. Did they scout him? Seriously? I can't believe how terrible of an OA he has been. Hope has been good but Jenkins has been a bust.

It's never a good year when you have to overpay for OA's.

It's really too bad Mercer was injured. He would have made a huge difference on the back end.

Oh well there's always next year lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 01-02-2015, 10:57 AM
2nd Line

Puckhound is a name known to allPuckhound is a name known to allPuckhound is a name known to allPuckhound is a name known to allPuckhound is a name known to allPuckhound is a name known to all

Payne must have played on some lines with talent in the past. The two line mates he has now couldn't make or receive a pass if their lives depended on it. Let alone get a shot on net. They shoot it wide or over the net. Blow that line up and move on.