Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum !  

Search:     Photos: 23,833    Downloads: 2,571,600   Msgs Posted: 136,348   Thread Views: 40,011,342   Online Now: 77
Go Back   Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum ! > NIAGARA ICEDOGS Fan Forums > Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News

Notices

Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News Discussions posted by the fans about the Niagara IceDogs - talk about games, players, fights, news, etc.

Old 11-13-2021, 11:22 PM
2nd Line

RobDog is a splendid one to beholdRobDog is a splendid one to beholdRobDog is a splendid one to beholdRobDog is a splendid one to beholdRobDog is a splendid one to beholdRobDog is a splendid one to beholdRobDog is a splendid one to behold

quick question guys.... who missed that empty netter tonight ??

The shock of him missing, has blurred my memory
Old 11-13-2021, 11:36 PM

Thanked 3,671 Times in 2,032 Posts
NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobDog View Post
quick question guys.... who missed that empty netter tonight ??

The shock of him missing, has blurred my memory
Fimis was the near miss on that one
The Following User Says Thank You to NiceDawg For This Useful Post:
Old 11-13-2021, 11:56 PM

Thanked 3,671 Times in 2,032 Posts
NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by strohs View Post

The reason for the victory tonight is quite clear ?

I didn?t dress in the red Tomasino jersey tonight I wore the plain White classic jersey.
Oh good, I thought we won because I wore my 2011 warm-up jersey. Glad it's on you, that thing is itchy.
Old 11-14-2021, 12:55 AM
Team Captain

dogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by strohs View Post
The player carrying the puck definitely nudged Tynan out of position and the Jenny had an open night to shoot at. It looked like goalie interference to me but I was shocked nonetheless that the call went in our favour. If Burchell was reffing that was a goal lol

The reason for the victory tonight is quite clear ?

I didn?t dress in the red Tomasino jersey tonight I wore the plain White classic jersey.

Two cross bars for Gushin on the PP from far out ? but geez a little better effort on the PP back check next time please.

Also 2 cross bars for the Jennies tonight

A good game lots of hitting two teams who clearly do not like each other ?. Wish I could hear the after game trash talk on the ice

Skipping out on next Thursdays game

GDG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Player definitely hit Tucker enough for the call i was just very shocked they got it right cause O refs suck
Old 11-14-2021, 12:22 PM
Top Prospect

Dogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond repute

First game I attended in 3 weeks. Maybe it was my fault.
Old 11-14-2021, 02:44 PM
2nd Line

5 for fighting is well liked by the other members5 for fighting is well liked by the other members5 for fighting is well liked by the other members5 for fighting is well liked by the other members5 for fighting is well liked by the other members5 for fighting is well liked by the other members5 for fighting is well liked by the other members5 for fighting is well liked by the other members5 for fighting is well liked by the other members5 for fighting is well liked by the other members5 for fighting is well liked by the other members

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiceDawg View Post
Speaking of big bodies, Dylan Roobroeck at 6'7" 190lbs is easily one of them. Yet game after game he shrinks away from hits, is out-muscled by smaller players and when put in front of the net on a PP actually moves out of the way to avoid annoying the opposing goalie. Someone needs to remind this lad that since he isn't fast, he doesn't shoot often or well, that he had best use his size to his advantage or his career in contrast to his stature will be short.
I think sometimes we forget that a lot of these kids are rookies. Most rookies barely survive their first season. Fimis, Castle and Cooke have done a great job adjusting to the OHL. For other rookies it will take some time.
The Following User Says Thank You to 5 for fighting For This Useful Post:
Old 11-14-2021, 02:52 PM
2nd Line

5 for fighting is well liked by the other members5 for fighting is well liked by the other members5 for fighting is well liked by the other members5 for fighting is well liked by the other members5 for fighting is well liked by the other members5 for fighting is well liked by the other members5 for fighting is well liked by the other members5 for fighting is well liked by the other members5 for fighting is well liked by the other members5 for fighting is well liked by the other members5 for fighting is well liked by the other members

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogs777 View Post
Young team relies on the goalie a lot big shocker. Yes if they would play their position wed have more wins wed also have more wins if he didnt give up goals that make him and other people say oh wow hed like that (before anyone comes at me Im not blaming him for anything) just pointing out in our 1-2 goal losses this year hes given up a few bad goals which couldve got us points
While I agree, the same can be said for any OHL team. Tucker has a good save % despite the defence often giving up too many prime scoring chances. I think most of the games we have played this year the opposing goalie has given up at least 1 bad goal. In Junior its hard to find a goalie that plays consistently well every game.
Old 11-14-2021, 02:59 PM
Team Captain

Thanked 2,117 Times in 1,346 Posts
retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!

Strong goaltending is the key, but our defense is very. very young. Remembering that the last season they played before the pandemic. The defense players were older and not to be disrespectful, they were more talented.. This young core will come around in a season or two, hopefully.
Old 11-14-2021, 03:02 PM
Team Captain

dogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5 for fighting View Post
While I agree, the same can be said for any OHL team. Tucker has a good save % despite the defence often giving up too many prime scoring chances. I think most of the games we have played this year the opposing goalie has given up at least 1 bad goal. In Junior its hard to find a goalie that plays consistently well every game.
Yes I know a goalie will give up 1 bad goal usually on any team my point was with this many rookies on a team multiple bad goals in a game is 1 too many 9 times out of 10
The Following User Says Thank You to dogs777 For This Useful Post:
Old 11-14-2021, 09:46 PM
2nd Line

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogs777 View Post
Yes I know a goalie will give up 1 bad goal usually on any team my point was with this many rookies on a team multiple bad goals in a game is 1 too many 9 times out of 10
Yes, very true.