Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum !  

Search:     Photos: 23,833    Downloads: 2,571,600   Msgs Posted: 136,348   Thread Views: 40,011,673   Online Now: 55
Go Back   Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum ! > NIAGARA ICEDOGS Fan Forums > Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News

Notices

Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News Discussions posted by the fans about the Niagara IceDogs - talk about games, players, fights, news, etc.

Old 10-31-2021, 12:20 PM
3rd Line

Dawger is a glorious beacon of lightDawger is a glorious beacon of lightDawger is a glorious beacon of lightDawger is a glorious beacon of lightDawger is a glorious beacon of lightDawger is a glorious beacon of light

Way too early to really be thinking thisbutthe team is entertaining enough but young and inexperienced and if we make the playoffs unlikely to have much success. Our Russian sniper is so much fun to watch, but so Uber talented that I dont think there is any way he is back here next yeardo we trade him at the deadline for a great package (I realize there are no more Tomasino packages, but he would surely bring the maximum return from a going for it team)also Tucker could bring a good package although his play lately has brought him down to earth and he may be back next year)I also realize our defence have left him out to dry a lot!)
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dawger For This Useful Post:
Old 10-31-2021, 03:44 PM
All Star

Thanked 1,211 Times in 829 Posts
three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!

A lost weekend the biggest problem on this team is not clearing the puck out of their zone and to many passes instead of shooting the puck there trying for the highlight goals see what they got Thursday against a struggling Erie team.
Old 10-31-2021, 06:59 PM
Junior Hockey Research Analyst

Thanked 3,921 Times in 2,011 Posts
Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawger View Post
Way too early to really be thinking this…but…the team is entertaining enough but young and inexperienced and if we make the playoffs unlikely to have much success. Our Russian sniper is so much fun to watch, but so Uber talented that I don’t think there is any way he is back here next year…do we trade him at the deadline for a great package (I realize there are no more Tomasino packages, but he would surely bring the maximum return from a going for it team)…also Tucker could bring a good package although his play lately has brought him down to earth and he may be back next year)…I also realize our defence have left him out to dry a lot!)
IceDogs’ early season roster decision have clearly defined to the fans, the team’s direction, so your suggestion makes sense.

In the case of Gushchin, a trade is not likely. As a signed SJS top-prospect (Import), that decision is not the IceDogs to make. NHL teams prefer their prospects not be bounced from team to team or billet to billet, but rather get some OHL experience and return to their AHL affiliate asap.

However, in the case of Tucker Tynan, a trade to a contending team would benefit both parties. For Tynan, the exposure gained playing for a nationally ranked team, going deep into the playoffs and perhaps showcasing himself in an OHL final or Mem-Cup would go along to Tucker earning that ELC most hockey fans would love to see happen.

The only true contending team, in desperate need for a goalie is Barrie. So, if I’m GM, I’d offer Marty - Tucker Tynan for 04 Beau Jelsma. If that trade is completed, sign OA G Zachary Roy to bridge this season to next year’s starters Joey Costanzo and Josh Rosenzweig.

Last edited by Blacksox; 10-31-2021 at 07:54 PM.
Old 10-31-2021, 08:08 PM
Team Captain

dogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blacksox View Post
IceDogs early season roster decision have clearly defined to the fans, the teams direction, so your suggestion makes sense.

In the case of Gushchin, a trade is not likely. As a signed SJS top-prospect (Import), that decision is not the IceDogs to make. NHL teams prefer their prospects not be bounced from team to team or billet to billet, but rather get some OHL experience and return to their AHL affiliate asap.

However, in the case of Tucker Tynan, a trade to a contending team would benefit both parties. For Tynan, the exposure gained playing for a nationally ranked team, going deep into the playoffs and perhaps showcasing himself in an OHL final or Mem-Cup would go along to Tucker earning that ELC most hockey fans would love to see happen.

The only true contending team, in desperate need for a goalie is Barrie. So, if Im GM, Id offer Marty - Tucker Tynan for 04 Beau Jelsma. If that trade is completed, sign OA G Zachary Roy to bridge this season to next years starters Joey Costanzo and Josh Rosenzweig.

I personally wouldnt be trading Tynan this year since he will most likely be back next year
Old 10-31-2021, 08:22 PM

Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogs777 View Post
I personally wouldnt be trading Tynan this year since he will most likely be back next year
I do get that - but Im thinking what would be best for both Tucker and the IceDogs. IceDogs still have 02s Uberti, Butler, Peters and Snow to choose from next year - and Costanzo and Rozy to take over the crease.
The Following User Says Thank You to Blacksox For This Useful Post:
Old 10-31-2021, 08:27 PM
Team Captain

dogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blacksox View Post
I do get that - but Im thinking what would be best for both Tucker and the IceDogs. IceDogs still have 02s Uberti, Butler, Peters and Snow to choose from next year - and Costanzo and Rozy to take over the crease.
I think if he has the year hes capable of he gets signed no matter who hes playing with as for the OA next year I would go Tynan Uberti and Butler
The Following User Says Thank You to dogs777 For This Useful Post:
Old 10-31-2021, 08:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogs777 View Post
I think if he has the year hes capable of he gets signed no matter who hes playing with as for the OA next year I would go Tynan Uberti and Butler
Id be happy with those three as our OAs next season, but Id personally be more excited if Butler, Uberti, Perters (and Beau Jelsma) become an option.
Old 10-31-2021, 11:00 PM
Curmudgeon

Thanked 2,293 Times in 1,300 Posts
strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!

We obviously arent a contender so we need to move out what we can

I would trade Tynan if the return was solid as I think our OA excluding him would already be really good

I agree with BS most NHL teams would prefer their imports go to the AHL ASAP and would probably prefer a quick CHL playoff exit

So enjoy him while we can because this is the last year you will see him

We basically have to endure the growing pains this year enjoy the wins and realize that I think next year is our contending year, no?

This is at least an entertaining team to watch of course they are not without their warts

GDG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 10-31-2021, 11:33 PM
Team Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by strohs View Post
We obviously arent a contender so we need to move out what we can

I would trade Tynan if the return was solid as I think our OA excluding him would already be really good

I agree with BS most NHL teams would prefer their imports go to the AHL ASAP and would probably prefer a quick CHL playoff exit

So enjoy him while we can because this is the last year you will see him

We basically have to endure the growing pains this year enjoy the wins and realize that I think next year is our contending year, no?

This is at least an entertaining team to watch of course they are not without their warts

GDG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
If you are going to contend next year then Im definitely keeping Tynan this year and as one of the 3 next year or youd be looking for a new goalie as I dont think Rozensweig is good enough to be a starter and Im not sure costanzo will be ready to go all the way in year 2 and as Barrie has shown us finding a good number 1 isnt always easy
Old 11-01-2021, 12:55 PM
2nd Line

Thunder Hawk has much to be proud ofThunder Hawk has much to be proud ofThunder Hawk has much to be proud ofThunder Hawk has much to be proud ofThunder Hawk has much to be proud ofThunder Hawk has much to be proud ofThunder Hawk has much to be proud ofThunder Hawk has much to be proud ofThunder Hawk has much to be proud of

People need to be realistic. If you enjoy OHL Hockey and watching future talent develope then it's a great night out of the house. But if the expectation is the Ice Dogs competing for an OHL title every 3-4 years and winning under the current head coach & GM then forget about it. The Dogs don't have one of the top 5 coaches or GM's in the league. Not saying they are the worst, simply not at an elite level of the London's,Oshawa's, Burnet in Guelph etc. . ..Even an under the radar team like Hamilton have better Hockey people in place to win with Staios & Mckee. . ..The Dogs will be good every once in a while but never elite....I think the Burke family did a great job marketing the team and the fan base is a top 5 in the OHL but as far as having elite coaching and Hockey operations people in place we aren't there. They need to bring in an outside of the family Hockey guy with real experience otherwise it will never happen. I don't doubt the Burke's sincerity in winning and they're willingness to go for it every 4 years.

Last edited by Thunder Hawk; 11-01-2021 at 01:12 PM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Thunder Hawk For This Useful Post: