Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum !  

Search:     Photos: 23,833    Downloads: 2,574,048   Msgs Posted: 136,400   Thread Views: 40,042,836   Online Now: 74
Go Back   Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum ! > NIAGARA ICEDOGS Fan Forums > Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News

Notices

Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News Discussions posted by the fans about the Niagara IceDogs - talk about games, players, fights, news, etc.

Old 11-05-2021, 11:32 AM
3rd Line

OlDawg is a jewel in the roughOlDawg is a jewel in the roughOlDawg is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by retired/sectionJ View Post
Billy Burke is in over his head in my opinion. Will mommy and daddy ever see the light? I am also curious as to how much longer this team is going to go with 3 goalies. My personal experiences have proven to me that the 3 goalies on the team messes everything up in practice and games as well. Get down to 2 Billy. Make the tough call, unless this is the result of this pandemic.
Not sure how a long stream of invectives every intermission period is motivating to a group of teenagers. How many games
until they tune out is anyones guess. On a positive note the draft has been very helpful because our GM has been stellar.

Our Billy has to either hear the music himself or be helped to the obvious conclusion. That will take anywhere from 2 yrs to 4 yrs with many lost opportunities & much angst for the fan base. So sad...

Agree on goalies; likely is hesitancy because of Tynan's rehab still in question.

Last edited by OlDawg; 11-05-2021 at 11:34 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to OlDawg For This Useful Post:
Old 11-05-2021, 11:49 AM
Top Prospect

AuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to AuldBone

Quote:
Originally Posted by g_squad View Post
On the topic of OHL caliberÖ. Iím not sure that Rosenzweig is an OHL caliber goalie. His rebound control and positioning is Jr B at best. His rebounds were so juicy last night that he was often way out of position to make the next save. Fortunately Erie missed many open net chances from those rebounds or the score could have been much worse. Maybe he just needs more time in the crease to get comfortableÖ
I think he's got potential. But he probably should have played somewhere else as a 16 yr old, get some games in, develop a bit more, then come in at 17, and challenge for a spot. The one thing I've noticed in the last few years, is that Burkes don't know anything about developing goalies. If a goalie comes in with all the talent in the world, without the ability to develop them, we're going to have a string of Dhillons... Kid was super talented, but was never really developed all that well. And I'm seeing the same thing with Tynan, Rosenzweig, and Costanzo...

I'd like to see goalies drafted separately from skaters, maybe delay them for a year or two. Have the NHL Draft them later as well. I just find that Goalies develop in a different way than skaters. And if I'm being 100% honest, I really think the NHL draft should not be drafting players that can't legally drink in the US. Especially with as many player's developing "drinking habits" to deal with the pressure. Maybe we're pushing these kids too far, too fast...
The Following User Says Thank You to AuldBone For This Useful Post:
Old 11-05-2021, 11:52 AM
Top Prospect

AuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to AuldBone

Quote:
Originally Posted by retired/sectionJ View Post
Billy Burke is in over his head in my opinion. Will mommy and daddy ever see the light? I am also curious as to how much longer this team is going to go with 3 goalies. My personal experiences have proven to me that the 3 goalies on the team messes everything up in practice and games as well. Get down to 2 Billy. Make the tough call, unless this is the result of this pandemic.
When he originally decided to keep 3, I thought we'd be seeing one of Rosenzweig or Costanzo moved out, whether through trade (Rosenzweig), or to a Jr B team (Costanzo). I really am surprised to see him still carrying 3.
Old 11-05-2021, 05:31 PM
Team Captain

dogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by g_squad View Post
On the topic of OHL caliberÖ. Iím not sure that Rosenzweig is an OHL caliber goalie. His rebound control and positioning is Jr B at best. His rebounds were so juicy last night that he was often way out of position to make the next save. Fortunately Erie missed many open net chances from those rebounds or the score could have been much worse. Maybe he just needs more time in the crease to get comfortableÖ
On the rebound control I donít think any of our goalies are good at that (costanzo is tougher to judge) but if seen both Rozensweig and Tynan give up some rebounds this year that just shouldnít be happening period
Old 11-05-2021, 09:20 PM
Team Captain

dogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond repute

I don’t know what’s happened since he came back from Detroit camp but Uberti needs to give his head a shake
The Following User Says Thank You to dogs777 For This Useful Post:
Old 11-05-2021, 09:36 PM

Thanked 3,675 Times in 2,034 Posts
NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogs777 View Post
I donít know whatís happened since he came back from Detroit camp but Uberti needs to give his head a shake

...not
Old 11-05-2021, 11:05 PM
3rd Line

OlDawg is a jewel in the roughOlDawg is a jewel in the roughOlDawg is a jewel in the rough
Default Goalie coach?

Quote:
On the rebound control I don’t think any of our goalies are good at that (costanzo is tougher to judge) but if seen both Rozensweig and Tynan give up some rebounds this year that just shouldn’t be happening period
We have a 'coach ( goalie )' for these guys, no? Anyone know if it shows that they do anything??

Last edited by OlDawg; 11-05-2021 at 11:16 PM.
Old 11-05-2021, 11:25 PM
Team Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by OlDawg View Post
We have a 'coach ( goalie )' for these guys, no? Anyone know if it shows that they do anything??
Itís been multiple guys even when Marty was here the goalies have never changed (Dhillon gave up easy goals and had rebounds and this years guys have been the same lately with the goals and definitely with some rebounds)
Old 11-05-2021, 11:34 PM
2nd Line

5 for fighting is well liked by the other members5 for fighting is well liked by the other members5 for fighting is well liked by the other members5 for fighting is well liked by the other members5 for fighting is well liked by the other members5 for fighting is well liked by the other members5 for fighting is well liked by the other members5 for fighting is well liked by the other members5 for fighting is well liked by the other members5 for fighting is well liked by the other members5 for fighting is well liked by the other members

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiceDawg View Post
Also, while we are on the topic of the Meridian Centre:
  • What happened to the chicken fingers?
  • What's wrong with the scoreboard horn?
  • How about identifying the vaccine and screening staff and what they are after?
  • Failing to secure the mats on the ice is going to result in a ceremonial concussion rather than a face-off.
  • $11.50 for a beer?

There, I feel better now.
The food prices are ridiculous and that combined with the $3 ticket increase is starting to make games unaffordable for many. I also wish the would bring back the other food options. All the portable food stands are closed. I miss the deluxe nachos and pork on a bun. At least bring back hamburgers.
Old 11-05-2021, 11:40 PM
2nd Line

5 for fighting is well liked by the other members5 for fighting is well liked by the other members5 for fighting is well liked by the other members5 for fighting is well liked by the other members5 for fighting is well liked by the other members5 for fighting is well liked by the other members5 for fighting is well liked by the other members5 for fighting is well liked by the other members5 for fighting is well liked by the other members5 for fighting is well liked by the other members5 for fighting is well liked by the other members

Quote:
I donít know whatís happened since he came back from Detroit camp but Uberti needs to give his head a shake
I didnít think the Uberti hit was that bad. He was in the process of stopping and didnít really crosscheck - his arms were extended and looked like he was just stopping himself. The Sudbury player just lost his balance and was back out on his next shift. The Guschin penalty was much worse. I see a suspension coming there.