Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum !  

Search:     Photos: 23,833    Downloads: 2,571,600   Msgs Posted: 136,348   Thread Views: 40,011,673   Online Now: 73
Go Back   Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum ! > NIAGARA ICEDOGS Fan Forums > Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News

Notices

Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News Discussions posted by the fans about the Niagara IceDogs - talk about games, players, fights, news, etc.

Old 11-07-2021, 07:33 PM
3rd Line

ADOGFAN is a name known to allADOGFAN is a name known to allADOGFAN is a name known to allADOGFAN is a name known to allADOGFAN is a name known to allADOGFAN is a name known to all

I was there great game for 40 minutes Umberti 3 games Gushchin 2 games
Old 11-07-2021, 07:47 PM
Resident OHL Expert

Thanked 3,164 Times in 1,343 Posts
fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!

Prior to the season Joey Burke was interviewed. He said that it was absolutely ridiculous that the prognosticators had the Dogs at or near the bottom of the standings. He went on to say how much talent the Dogs have and how they were targeting these players all along and they couldnít believe they were still available when it was their turn to pick.

If all that is true, and he still believes it to be true, then all eyes should be on his big brother. If he truly believes that heís given the coach all the tools to build a winner, there should be no excuses. If looks like we have the beginnings of yet another underachieving version of the Dogs. 0-3 weekend, 5 game losing streak, dead last in the East. One team away from being dead last in the league. (And that team just came in here and beat you in your own building).

It looks like thereís young talent in every position on the ice. It also looks like thereís none behind the bench. Even the hard core, excuse makers on this board are finally seeing it. Talent needs direction. They donít have any. Tough to watch.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to fishfan51 For This Useful Post:
Old 11-07-2021, 08:22 PM
1st Line

maddog has a reputation beyond reputemaddog has a reputation beyond reputemaddog has a reputation beyond reputemaddog has a reputation beyond reputemaddog has a reputation beyond reputemaddog has a reputation beyond reputemaddog has a reputation beyond reputemaddog has a reputation beyond reputemaddog has a reputation beyond reputemaddog has a reputation beyond reputemaddog has a reputation beyond repute

Please Billy Burke step down as Head Coach..
I am sure father Bill will find you another position in the Empire.
Do the correct thing Billy, before you lose many fans in this tremendous hockey town.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to maddog For This Useful Post:
Old 11-07-2021, 08:26 PM

Thanked 3,671 Times in 2,032 Posts
NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddog View Post
Do the correct thing Billy, before you lose many fans in this tremendous hockey town.
Good point, this is a tremendous hockey town... only one of 5 teams in the league to be staying above the 3,000 person break-even line.

https://www.hockeydb.com/nhl-attenda...L1989&sid=2022
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to NiceDawg For This Useful Post:
Old 11-07-2021, 08:46 PM
Junior Hockey Research Analyst

Thanked 3,921 Times in 2,011 Posts
Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!

Over the last few years, my excellent list of suggestions have included those coaches with local ties…Ted Nolan, Dan Girardi, Jay McKee and Mike Pelino. Although, not mine - the Dave Burkholder idea is an interesting one. I didn’t realize he was the HC of the Welland Junior Canadians...

https://niagaraindependent.ca/burkho...the-rose-city/
Old 11-07-2021, 09:24 PM
Resident OHL Expert

Thanked 3,164 Times in 1,343 Posts
fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddog View Post
The Empire either doesnít see it, is in denial or doesnít care. Iím not sure which one is scarier.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to fishfan51 For This Useful Post:
Old 11-07-2021, 09:44 PM
Curmudgeon

Thanked 2,293 Times in 1,300 Posts
strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!

It shocks me that this team is almost last place overall. There is way more talent on this roster than prior to the pandemic when they team was truly awful to watch and deservedly at the bottom of the barrel.

I think we all know that BB isnt going anywhere as long as mommy and daddy are signing the checks ?..

I think they will turn it around there?s too much talent in this team to stay this bad all season ?. Wow Im being optimistic !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 11-07-2021, 10:07 PM
Team Captain

dogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishfan51 View Post
Prior to the season Joey Burke was interviewed. He said that it was absolutely ridiculous that the prognosticators had the Dogs at or near the bottom of the standings. He went on to say how much talent the Dogs have and how they were targeting these players all along and they couldnít believe they were still available when it was their turn to pick.

If all that is true, and he still believes it to be true, then all eyes should be on his big brother. If he truly believes that heís given the coach all the tools to build a winner, there should be no excuses. If looks like we have the beginnings of yet another underachieving version of the Dogs. 0-3 weekend, 5 game losing streak, dead last in the East. One team away from being dead last in the league. (And that team just came in here and beat you in your own building).

It looks like thereís young talent in every position on the ice. It also looks like thereís none behind the bench. Even the hard core, excuse makers on this board are finally seeing it. Talent needs direction. They donít have any. Tough to watch.
I agreed with Joey saying they shouldnít/wouldnít be at the bottom but I honestly wouldnít have been surprised before the year if they were near it just because of the unknown of how fast your guys would adapt to the league and how other teams guys would as well
Old 11-07-2021, 10:09 PM
Team Captain

dogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishfan51 View Post
The Empire either doesnít see it, is in denial or doesnít care. Iím not sure which one is scarier.
I think itís a bit of your second and third option theyíre in denial cauSe itís their son/brother and they probably donít really care cause they still get asses in seats and at the end of the day no matter what they say thatís all they care about 💰
Old 11-08-2021, 12:58 AM
2nd Line

5 for fighting is well liked by the other members5 for fighting is well liked by the other members5 for fighting is well liked by the other members5 for fighting is well liked by the other members5 for fighting is well liked by the other members5 for fighting is well liked by the other members5 for fighting is well liked by the other members5 for fighting is well liked by the other members5 for fighting is well liked by the other members5 for fighting is well liked by the other members5 for fighting is well liked by the other members

Sure this team has loads of talent but most of our talent is rookies.

Our OA group is not as strong as many other teams but I wouldn’t expect them to be. One OA was a 10th rd pick, the other a 15th rd pick and the third was picked in the U18 draft after not even getting selected in the regular draft. In fact, given their draft position, it was a long shot for them to even play in the OHL. Someone must have helped them develop. Our coaching staff perhaps?

With the exception of Gushchin, our 19 year olds are not overly productive. Uberti, drafted in the 4th round, is the only player left from the first 4 rounds of the Icedogs 2018 draft. The other players were either traded away, released or refused to report. None of that is the coaches fault.

Our 18 year old group is extremely weak. Cato and Enright are the only players from the top 5 rounds of the 2019 draft and Agostinelli, who was picked in the 8th round, is a 3rd liner at best. Where are all the other 18 year olds. Well we didn’t have a 2nd, 4th or 5th round pick that year as those picks were all traded away. Again, not Billy’s fault.

Oh and by the way, Gushchin is the only NHL drafted player on our roster. The rest weren’t good enough.

However I will say our GM and scouting staff have been looking better lately as our 17 and 16 year olds look very strong. But I wouldn’t expect much from them right now as they are all rookies.

My point. Give Billy a break as Joey has not given Billy much to work with in our 18 - 20 year olds.

Last edited by 5 for fighting; 11-08-2021 at 01:06 AM.