Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum !  

Search:     Photos: 23,833    Downloads: 2,571,600   Msgs Posted: 136,348   Thread Views: 40,011,673   Online Now: 76
Go Back   Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum ! > NIAGARA ICEDOGS Fan Forums > Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News

Notices

Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News Discussions posted by the fans about the Niagara IceDogs - talk about games, players, fights, news, etc.

Old 11-05-2021, 02:50 PM
1st Line

maddog has a reputation beyond reputemaddog has a reputation beyond reputemaddog has a reputation beyond reputemaddog has a reputation beyond reputemaddog has a reputation beyond reputemaddog has a reputation beyond reputemaddog has a reputation beyond reputemaddog has a reputation beyond reputemaddog has a reputation beyond reputemaddog has a reputation beyond reputemaddog has a reputation beyond repute
Default DAVE BURKEHOLDER

I nominate Dave Burkeholder as new coach of the Icedogs.
Like I mentioned before, Joey Burke is doing a fine job as GM.
What does everyone think of that?
Old 11-05-2021, 03:10 PM
3rd Line

NachoLou is a splendid one to beholdNachoLou is a splendid one to beholdNachoLou is a splendid one to beholdNachoLou is a splendid one to beholdNachoLou is a splendid one to beholdNachoLou is a splendid one to beholdNachoLou is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddog View Post
I think everything you post is negative. We have a coach. Get behind him.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to NachoLou For This Useful Post:
Old 11-05-2021, 04:06 PM

Thanked 3,671 Times in 2,032 Posts
NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NachoLou View Post
I think everything you post is negative. We have a coach. Get behind him.
[Moderator's Note]

There is no rule that you have to be a cheerleader on this site. Supportive comments as well as dismissive comments are allowed. You are allowed to extoll the virtues of the coach the same way maddog is allowed to list his faults
Old 11-05-2021, 04:25 PM
1st Line

maddog has a reputation beyond reputemaddog has a reputation beyond reputemaddog has a reputation beyond reputemaddog has a reputation beyond reputemaddog has a reputation beyond reputemaddog has a reputation beyond reputemaddog has a reputation beyond reputemaddog has a reputation beyond reputemaddog has a reputation beyond reputemaddog has a reputation beyond reputemaddog has a reputation beyond repute

Then Icedogs can add Ed Burkeholder, his brother, as Assistant Coach.
Now that would be one heck of a tandem!
And no, I am not related/nor friends in any shape or form to the Burkeholders
Old 11-05-2021, 05:12 PM
Team Captain

Thanked 2,117 Times in 1,346 Posts
retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Then Icedogs can add Ed Burkeholder, his brother, as Assistant Coach.
Now that would be one heck of a tandem!
And no, I am not related/nor friends in any shape or form to the Burkeholders
I know them both and I might just be on board with that,.. Maybe. LOL
Old 11-05-2021, 05:49 PM
3rd Line

NachoLou is a splendid one to beholdNachoLou is a splendid one to beholdNachoLou is a splendid one to beholdNachoLou is a splendid one to beholdNachoLou is a splendid one to beholdNachoLou is a splendid one to beholdNachoLou is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiceDawg View Post
[Moderator's Note]

There is no rule that you have to be a cheerleader on this site. Supportive comments as well as dismissive comments are allowed. You are allowed to extoll the virtues of the coach the same way maddog is allowed to list his faults
It was sarcasm. Maddog likes to tell everybody that theyíre always posting negative comments. He fails to recognize that lately all of his posts are negative. Kind of a calling the kettle black type of thing.

All good.

Iíve said from the beginning that Burkey Junior canít coach. Just took most of the people around here a little longer to figure it out for themselves.
Old 11-05-2021, 06:43 PM
Top Prospect

AuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to AuldBone

Quote:
Originally Posted by NachoLou View Post
It was sarcasm. Maddog likes to tell everybody that theyíre always posting negative comments. He fails to recognize that lately all of his posts are negative. Kind of a calling the kettle black type of thing.

All good.

Iíve said from the beginning that Burkey Junior canít coach. Just took most of the people around here a little longer to figure it out for themselves.
It's not like the team has been doing a whole lot most of us can get behind. I struggle with trying to maintain my positivity about the way things have been going. I mean, ok, we're not too far into the season. But honestly I'm seeing no "system" on PP1, very few players are exiting the defensive zone cleanly. They carry when they should pass, pass when they should shoot, miss the net completely often as not and also turn over the puck far too often. Granted, the injury bug is being a total head to the IceDogs at the moment.

Hopefully they pare down the roster a bit more. I think they'll have a trade or two before the rosters are set around the World Jrs... Was surprised DeSimone landed in "The Q". Guess there was no market for a kid whose development was so badly mishandled. Sad, I liked the kid's game, I just think he didn't fit with JB's plan for next season. And you gotta hate making a talented kid like him sit in the press box... DeSimone would not have been my first choice to move out. Sadly, you do what you have to...

Didn't take long to figure it out. But sometimes you just want to give the dude the benefit of the doubt. You KNOW he's not going anywhere... Unless the Burkes sell the team, and contrary to the constant rumours, I think that's not going to happen anytime soon... Or soon enough...
The Following User Says Thank You to AuldBone For This Useful Post:
Old 11-05-2021, 11:01 PM
3rd Line

OlDawg is a jewel in the roughOlDawg is a jewel in the roughOlDawg is a jewel in the rough
Default New coach??

Quote:
How many fingers can I have? The max please.
Old 11-05-2021, 11:53 PM
Curmudgeon

Thanked 2,293 Times in 1,300 Posts
strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuldBone View Post
It's not like the team has been doing a whole lot most of us can get behind. I struggle with trying to maintain my positivity about the way things have been going. I mean, ok, we're not too far into the season. But honestly I'm seeing no "system" on PP1, very few players are exiting the defensive zone cleanly. They carry when they should pass, pass when they should shoot, miss the net completely often as not and also turn over the puck far too often. Granted, the injury bug is being a total head to the IceDogs at the moment.

Hopefully they pare down the roster a bit more. I think they'll have a trade or two before the rosters are set around the World Jrs... Was surprised DeSimone landed in "The Q". Guess there was no market for a kid whose development was so badly mishandled. Sad, I liked the kid's game, I just think he didn't fit with JB's plan for next season. And you gotta hate making a talented kid like him sit in the press box... DeSimone would not have been my first choice to move out. Sadly, you do what you have to...

Didn't take long to figure it out. But sometimes you just want to give the dude the benefit of the doubt. You KNOW he's not going anywhere... Unless the Burkes sell the team, and contrary to the constant rumours, I think that's not going to happen anytime soon... Or soon enough...

Sorry if he was that talented (a) he wouldn?t of cleared OHL waivers and (b) would not be sitting in the press box every game ?.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 11-05-2021, 11:54 PM
Curmudgeon

Thanked 2,293 Times in 1,300 Posts
strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:

If his name was Dave Burkholder-Burke he would have a chance at the job.

He has the letters in his name BURKE to make it happen but too many other letters HOLD(R) him back.

I am too funny

Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to strohs For This Useful Post: