Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum !  

Search:     Photos: 23,833    Downloads: 2,571,547   Msgs Posted: 136,348   Thread Views: 40,010,018   Online Now: 87
Go Back   Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum ! > NIAGARA ICEDOGS Fan Forums > Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News

Notices

Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News Discussions posted by the fans about the Niagara IceDogs - talk about games, players, fights, news, etc.

Old 11-19-2021, 12:34 AM
Junior Hockey Research Analyst

Thanked 3,921 Times in 2,011 Posts
Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogs777 View Post
I agree maybe a timeout was a good idea but other then the goal did you watch them out there they couldn’t pas the puck to each other
Oh agree the 1st unit was terrible all game UNTIL they had Butler and Gushchin switch side for only 1:11 seconds that I clipped in the video above. I can’t imagine any other team not keeping their 1st unit on in that situation.
Old 11-20-2021, 09:16 PM
All Star

Thanked 1,211 Times in 829 Posts
three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!

Zip for one tonight now we are not killing off penalties.
Old 11-21-2021, 04:15 PM
Team Captain

Thanked 2,117 Times in 1,346 Posts
retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!

There is no power play so they may as well keep rolling out the lines.
Old 11-21-2021, 04:34 PM
1st Line

maddog has a reputation beyond reputemaddog has a reputation beyond reputemaddog has a reputation beyond reputemaddog has a reputation beyond reputemaddog has a reputation beyond reputemaddog has a reputation beyond reputemaddog has a reputation beyond reputemaddog has a reputation beyond reputemaddog has a reputation beyond reputemaddog has a reputation beyond reputemaddog has a reputation beyond repute

I have never seen such pathetic defensive structure in my life..
All of our defense just standing around like pylons or getting beat wide like crazy!!
This is insane..
Old 11-21-2021, 06:10 PM
Team Captain

Thanked 2,117 Times in 1,346 Posts
retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!

Once again, this is a very young teams and in general terms, they have to learn how to play in the OHL.
Coaching staff is definitely an issue
Old 11-21-2021, 06:19 PM
2nd Line

g_squad has much to be proud ofg_squad has much to be proud ofg_squad has much to be proud ofg_squad has much to be proud ofg_squad has much to be proud ofg_squad has much to be proud ofg_squad has much to be proud ofg_squad has much to be proud ofg_squad has much to be proud ofg_squad has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by retired/sectionJ View Post
Once again, this is a very young teams and in general terms, they have to learn how to play in the OHL.
They aren’t a young team. They are 5th or 6th oldest in the league.

https://www.eliteprospects.com/league/ohl

This fact makes it even harder to swallow.

Old 11-21-2021, 06:28 PM
1st Line

maddog has a reputation beyond reputemaddog has a reputation beyond reputemaddog has a reputation beyond reputemaddog has a reputation beyond reputemaddog has a reputation beyond reputemaddog has a reputation beyond reputemaddog has a reputation beyond reputemaddog has a reputation beyond reputemaddog has a reputation beyond reputemaddog has a reputation beyond reputemaddog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by retired/sectionJ View Post
I am sick and tired of hearing we are a young team..
We are about middle of pack at 18.0 average yrs of age as a team.
I would be the first to tell you that our entire coaching staff is useless, and it starts with Billy Burke.
But when you have guys like Howard, Dionicio, Cato and Enright just standing in front of our net like darn pylons or getting easily beat one on one, playing the puck and not the man, they should take the blame!
That is Hockey 101 my friend..

Last edited by maddog; 11-21-2021 at 06:30 PM.
Old 11-21-2021, 06:42 PM

Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by g_squad View Post
They aren’t a young team. They are 5th or 6th oldest in the league.

https://www.eliteprospects.com/league/ohl

This fact makes it even harder to swallow.

This post is not in defense of the IceDogs' coaches, just a statistical clarification.

When RSJ, wrote the IceDogs “are a young team” – that is in fact accurate. He’s not referring to the average age of the players on the roster, but rather the average age of the players that actually played in each one of their 17 games. They have played as many as 11 rookies in a game – and on most nights it’s 10 or 9 rookies.

The statistics provided by elite prospects – mean nothing. To accurate calculate the average, you have to calculate the age of the players in each teams line up through the first 17 games. I don’t know anything about the western teams, but the IceDogs have been the youngest team in the East this year on nightly basis.

#timeforchangeNOW!

Last edited by Blacksox; 11-21-2021 at 06:50 PM.
Old 11-21-2021, 08:19 PM
2nd Line

g_squad has much to be proud ofg_squad has much to be proud ofg_squad has much to be proud ofg_squad has much to be proud ofg_squad has much to be proud ofg_squad has much to be proud ofg_squad has much to be proud ofg_squad has much to be proud ofg_squad has much to be proud ofg_squad has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blacksox View Post
This post is not in defense of the IceDogs' coaches, just a statistical clarification.

When RSJ, wrote the IceDogs “are a young team” – that is in fact accurate. He’s not referring to the average age of the players on the roster, but rather the average age of the players that actually played in each one of their 17 games. They have played as many as 11 rookies in a game – and on most nights it’s 10 or 9 rookies.

The statistics provided by elite prospects – mean nothing. To accurate calculate the average, you have to calculate the age of the players in each teams line up through the first 17 games. I don’t know anything about the western teams, but the IceDogs have been the youngest team in the East this year on nightly basis.

#timeforchangeNOW!

Not to be argumentative but do you have the stats to back up your claim that the IceDogs have been the youngest team in the East. Our defence was supposed to be the strength of this team. They have 2 OA’s regularly in the lineup on D, barring when they were injured and 2 more that are 18 and have seemed to regress this year. The 2 ‘04s have been adequate as rookies and the ‘05 has seen very spotty duty (as expected). I am most concerned with the play of our veteran D. Enright has been awful most nights and I’ve never been impressed with Cato.

Where we definitely agree is that the coaching is terrible.

#timeforchangeNOW!
Old 11-21-2021, 09:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by g_squad View Post
Not to be argumentative but do you have the stats to back up your claim that the IceDogs have been the youngest team in the East...

Where we definitely agree is that the coaching is terrible.

#timeforchangeNOW!
Same here, my reply was not meant to argumentative because we both agree on what the problem is…

Unfortunately, the OHL does not provide the average age of a team each game. It would be an interesting stat though! However, I can tell you that I personally follow this closely, because it does interests me and I often use that research in my weekly posts.

For the eastern teams, here are the number of 04s and 05s rookies used on any given night – not 100% accurate but pretty close…

Barrie: 5
Mississauga: 5
Oshawa: 5
Hamilton: 5-6
Ottawa: 7
NB: 7-8
Petes: 7-8
Sudbury: 7-8

Along with using the highest number of rookies (9-10) most nights (and one time 11), the IceDogs also made themselves even younger – either by injury or healthy scratches - playing games with only 1 or 2 0As and scratching their 02s and 03s in favour of the 04s and 05s.

It was a definitely a shift in plans, that I did not expect before the start of the season, but having said that - there is no reason why this team cannot be a competitive .500 team. What is happening - is unacceptable!

Last edited by Blacksox; 11-21-2021 at 10:07 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Blacksox For This Useful Post: