Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum !  

Search:     Photos: 23,833    Downloads: 2,571,600   Msgs Posted: 136,348   Thread Views: 40,011,673   Online Now: 78
Go Back   Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum ! > NIAGARA ICEDOGS Fan Forums > Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News

Notices

Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News Discussions posted by the fans about the Niagara IceDogs - talk about games, players, fights, news, etc.

Old 11-12-2021, 06:03 PM
Curmudgeon

Thanked 2,293 Times in 1,300 Posts
strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!

Just to inject some positivity into this topic because you all know I am Mr Positivity

1 of 4 points from the back to back home games this weekend

Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 11-12-2021, 10:19 PM
Team Captain

dogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond repute

Well I’m not surprised by the end result tonight I was surprised we kept it as close as we did till late in the third I thought the entire game would look like the second period did
Old 11-12-2021, 11:07 PM
Curmudgeon

strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!
Default Niagara IceDogs 2021-22 (Week 06)

I seriously wonder if we are in tank mode? Hear me out before you criticize this logic lol

Two years ago in the year of the pandemic Billy would do EVERYTHING under his power to win games even though the entire world knew it was going to be a terrible team who would miss the playoffs especially once the trade deadline arrived. He was trying to win like crazy EVERY night, doubleshifting his best players late in games, banking points before all the big guns were traded away.

Tonight down by only one goal versus one of the better teams in Canada, and the Dogs arguably missing two of their top five players, the mad genius was still rolling four lines until the Colts pulled ahead 6-4.

Am I the only one seeing this?

This was an embarrassing game tonight. At one point the combined save percentage for both goalies was .667 lol

Hate to say it but Tynan was brutal tonight. If he is going to play like this the rest of the season this team is not going to the playoffs. Gotta make some saves. Easily the worst game I have seen him play.

Pretty decent crowd given the crappy weather and team.

Cannot wait until this time next season, Fimis and Castle are going to be so good.

GDG

ps. I miss the boneheads lol

Old 11-12-2021, 11:12 PM

Thanked 3,671 Times in 2,032 Posts
NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!

I too was wondering why he kept the bench so long, and then pulling the goalie that late in the game with a two goal deficit?
Old 11-12-2021, 11:42 PM
Top Prospect

123 G! has a reputation beyond repute123 G! has a reputation beyond repute123 G! has a reputation beyond repute123 G! has a reputation beyond repute123 G! has a reputation beyond repute123 G! has a reputation beyond repute123 G! has a reputation beyond repute123 G! has a reputation beyond repute123 G! has a reputation beyond repute123 G! has a reputation beyond repute123 G! has a reputation beyond repute

Captain Cameron Butler on the Niagara Sports Report tomorrow morning. I wonder what he'll say. I'm guessing a trade will be happening soon.
Old 11-12-2021, 11:48 PM
All Star

Thanked 1,211 Times in 829 Posts
three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!

Strange game but Barrie going nowhere till the get a better goaltender Tynman had little chance on most of the goals probably wants the fourth and six goal back see what happens tomorrow night against Oshawa with an almost full lineup.
Old 11-12-2021, 11:56 PM
1st Line

hotdog fan has a reputation beyond reputehotdog fan has a reputation beyond reputehotdog fan has a reputation beyond reputehotdog fan has a reputation beyond reputehotdog fan has a reputation beyond reputehotdog fan has a reputation beyond reputehotdog fan has a reputation beyond reputehotdog fan has a reputation beyond reputehotdog fan has a reputation beyond reputehotdog fan has a reputation beyond reputehotdog fan has a reputation beyond repute

I think this team relies on Tucker to much. Yes he is a good goalie but if our defense would play their positions and give him some help maye we would win a game. Plus these boys with big bodies need to use them and lay out some checks. Even with the big boys we have they are still getting pushed around.

Last edited by hotdog fan; 11-12-2021 at 11:58 PM.
Old 11-13-2021, 12:09 AM
Team Captain

dogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiceDawg View Post
I too was wondering why he kept the bench so long, and then pulling the goalie that late in the game with a two goal deficit?
I think he rolled the lines so much because honestly IMO with the guys we had missing everyone else (except Butler) is in the same boat they aren’t that good to shorten the bench to only a handful of guys as for the goalie pull they couldn’t get the puck in the Barrie end to get Tucker out of the net so hard to really pull him much sooner
Old 11-13-2021, 12:14 AM
Team Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotdog fan View Post
I think this team relies on Tucker to much. Yes he is a good goalie but if our defense would play their positions and give him some help maye we would win a game. Plus these boys with big bodies need to use them and lay out some checks. Even with the big boys we have they are still getting pushed around.
Young team relies on the goalie a lot big shocker. Yes if they would play their position we’d have more wins we’d also have more wins if he didn’t give up goals that make him and other people say oh wow he’d like that (before anyone comes at me I’m not blaming him for anything) just pointing out in our 1-2 goal losses this year he’s given up a few bad goals which could’ve got us points
Old 11-13-2021, 08:11 AM
Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogs777 View Post
I think he rolled the lines so much because honestly IMO with the guys we had missing everyone else (except Butler) is in the same boat they aren’t that good to shorten the bench to only a handful of guys as for the goalie pull they couldn’t get the puck in the Barrie end to get Tucker out of the net so hard to really pull him much sooner

Considering we could
Barely get shots on goal
Once we were down two goals the game was over
Why even bother pulling goalie then
It is over by that point

Oh and BTW especially considering the two players we were missing is even MORE reason to shorten the bench IMO because that means there were two players playing tonight who normally would be in the press box so even more incentive to try and play your better players more to try and tie the game