Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum !  

Search:     Photos: 23,833    Downloads: 2,571,600   Msgs Posted: 136,348   Thread Views: 40,011,673   Online Now: 77
Go Back   Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum ! > NIAGARA ICEDOGS Fan Forums > Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News

Notices

Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News Discussions posted by the fans about the Niagara IceDogs - talk about games, players, fights, news, etc.

Old 11-13-2021, 08:12 AM

Thanked 3,671 Times in 2,032 Posts
NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogs777 View Post
I think he rolled the lines so much because honestly IMO with the guys we had missing everyone else (except Butler) is in the same boat they arenít that good to shorten the bench to only a handful of guys as for the goalie pull they couldnít get the puck in the Barrie end to get Tucker out of the net so hard to really pull him much sooner
No, I am saying when you are down two goals already and your team can barely maintain puck possession, and your goaltender is letting in one shot in four anyhow, you take the L. Nothing about last night's team said two goals in two minutes, so why hand them an empty-netter?
The Following User Says Thank You to NiceDawg For This Useful Post:
Old 11-13-2021, 08:16 AM

NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by strohs View Post
Considering we could
Barely get shots on goal
Once we were down two goals the game was over
Why even bother pulling goalie then
It is over by that point

Oh and BTW especially considering the two players we were missing is even MORE reason to shorten the bench IMO because that means there were two players playing tonight who normally would be in the press box so even more incentive to try and play your better players more to try and tie the game
Get out of my brain! I was just about to address playing the fourth line when I realized you had just written what I was going to say at the same time!
Old 11-13-2021, 08:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotdog fan View Post
I think this team relies on Tucker to much. Yes he is a good goalie but if our defense would play their positions and give him some help maye we would win a game. Plus these boys with big bodies need to use them and lay out some checks. Even with the big boys we have they are still getting pushed around.
Speaking of big bodies, Dylan Roobroeck at 6'7" 190lbs is easily one of them. Yet game after game he shrinks away from hits, is out-muscled by smaller players and when put in front of the net on a PP actually moves out of the way to avoid annoying the opposing goalie. Someone needs to remind this lad that since he isn't fast, he doesn't shoot often or well, that he had best use his size to his advantage or his career in contrast to his stature will be short.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to NiceDawg For This Useful Post:
Old 11-13-2021, 09:05 AM
Team Captain

dogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Considering we could
Barely get shots on goal
Once we were down two goals the game was over
Why even bother pulling goalie then
It is over by that point

Oh and BTW especially considering the two players we were missing is even MORE reason to shorten the bench IMO because that means there were two players playing tonight who normally would be in the press box so even more incentive to try and play your better players more to try and tie the game

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Why do it maybe you get lucky I mean I donít think any of our goals were that great either so if the Barrie goalie gave up stinkers earlier maybe he wouldíve done it again 🤷*♂️ Honestly game was over at that point so I donít really mind/care the goalie pull to try something 7-4 or 6-4 makes no difference an L is an L as for the shorten the bench thing I understand your reasoning I just think with the way last night was going thereís no point especially with a team where over half of it could sit in the press box. Speaking of the press box who sits tonight for Gushchin I wouldíve said waddick but since he scored he might get another game
Old 11-13-2021, 01:54 PM
Curmudgeon

Thanked 2,293 Times in 1,300 Posts
strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiceDawg View Post
No, I am saying when you are down two goals already and your team can barely maintain puck possession, and your goaltender is letting in one shot in four anyhow, you take the L. Nothing about last night's team said two goals in two minutes, so why hand them an empty-netter?

Nothing about last nights game suggested they could get one shot in five minutes Nevermind two goals in two minutes

I totally agree

The game was obviously over why even bother lol

Old 11-13-2021, 01:55 PM
Curmudgeon

Thanked 2,293 Times in 1,300 Posts
strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Get out of my brain! I was just about to address playing the fourth line when I realized you had just written what I was going to say at the same time!

Our brains operate on the same wave length
Must sit on the same row or something
Lol

Old 11-13-2021, 03:05 PM

Quote:
Nothing about last nights game suggested they could get one shot in five minutes Nevermind two goals in two minutes

I totally agree

The game was obviously over why even bother lol
I learned however that dogs777 is a good person to bet against
Old 11-13-2021, 03:26 PM

Tonight's specialty jersey. Bashful Bumble Bee or Where's Waldo on Ice?
Old 11-13-2021, 03:50 PM
Team Captain

dogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I learned however that dogs777 is a good person to bet against
Well then I guess you donít know me well 😉 Iíve been pretty spot on with most of my predictions/bets on game days when I talk to people at the arenas
Old 11-13-2021, 04:07 PM
2nd Line

RobDog is a splendid one to beholdRobDog is a splendid one to beholdRobDog is a splendid one to beholdRobDog is a splendid one to beholdRobDog is a splendid one to beholdRobDog is a splendid one to beholdRobDog is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Speaking of big bodies, Dylan Roobroeck at 6'7" 190lbs is easily one of them. Yet game after game he shrinks away from hits, is out-muscled by smaller players and when put in front of the net on a PP actually moves out of the way to avoid annoying the opposing goalie. Someone needs to remind this lad that since he isn't fast, he doesn't shoot often or well, that he had best use his size to his advantage or his career in contrast to his stature will be short.
TOTALLY AGREE

I said during the game that Snow has more of a mean streak than Roobroeck...he needs to get mad, or something ?