Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum !  

Search:     Photos: 23,833    Downloads: 2,571,547   Msgs Posted: 136,348   Thread Views: 40,010,621   Online Now: 80
Go Back   Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum ! > NIAGARA ICEDOGS Fan Forums > Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News

Notices

Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News Discussions posted by the fans about the Niagara IceDogs - talk about games, players, fights, news, etc.

Old 11-25-2021, 12:07 AM
1st Line

maddog has a reputation beyond reputemaddog has a reputation beyond reputemaddog has a reputation beyond reputemaddog has a reputation beyond reputemaddog has a reputation beyond reputemaddog has a reputation beyond reputemaddog has a reputation beyond reputemaddog has a reputation beyond reputemaddog has a reputation beyond reputemaddog has a reputation beyond reputemaddog has a reputation beyond repute
Default Matt Young

I watched your show.
Please Matt read this carefully.
Get your head out of the sand!
In 2019, the Icedogs had a complete powerhouse team.
Look it up, we were stacked.
Joey Burke went all in and gave his brother Billy one helluva a team!!
You know what happened?
A quick second round exit losing to a sub par Oshawa team.
Since then I have lost faith in Billy Burke.
I was willing to give him the benefit of the doubt.
But enough is enough now.
It is so obvious how can you not see that he is out of his league when the majority of fans do?
Any other team would have fired him already without a doubt!!
But you know why he is still coach.
Just get another administrative/scout job in the family empire!!
Simple
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to maddog For This Useful Post:
Old 11-25-2021, 07:42 AM

Thanked 3,671 Times in 2,032 Posts
NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!

The show depends on the cooperation of the IceDogs, so don't look for anything overly critical.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to NiceDawg For This Useful Post:
Old 11-25-2021, 08:08 AM
Team Captain

Thanked 2,117 Times in 1,346 Posts
retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!

Just like any other league, there are go for it topics and "no fly" zones. You enter the no fly zone at your own peril. This is nothing new.
The Following User Says Thank You to retired/sectionJ For This Useful Post:
Old 11-25-2021, 09:37 AM
Curmudgeon

Thanked 2,293 Times in 1,300 Posts
strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiceDawg View Post
The show depends on the cooperation of the IceDogs, so don't look for anything overly critical.

Not sure why people on here were expecting him to ask the tough questions lol. If he were to go on there and ask tough questions making ownership uncomfortable I am pretty sure we all know he would lose access to team personnel.

Tbh the show is more of an unpaid promotional piece for the Icedogs than it is informative journalism.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to strohs For This Useful Post:
Old 11-25-2021, 10:47 AM
1st Line

maddog has a reputation beyond reputemaddog has a reputation beyond reputemaddog has a reputation beyond reputemaddog has a reputation beyond reputemaddog has a reputation beyond reputemaddog has a reputation beyond reputemaddog has a reputation beyond reputemaddog has a reputation beyond reputemaddog has a reputation beyond reputemaddog has a reputation beyond reputemaddog has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks to you all to put it in true perspective..
What the heck was I thinking?
I'll tell you something for sure, I will never watch the show again!
Complete waste of time.
Old 11-25-2021, 12:54 PM
3rd Line

NachoLou is a splendid one to beholdNachoLou is a splendid one to beholdNachoLou is a splendid one to beholdNachoLou is a splendid one to beholdNachoLou is a splendid one to beholdNachoLou is a splendid one to beholdNachoLou is a splendid one to behold

I watched some last night too. Matt Young is the furthest thing from a impartial reporter (not that he claims to be) He's nothing more than a cheerleader for the team. The three of them should use pom poms during their show. I couldn't tell you who would watch that nonsense on a weekly basis. To dismiss even the thought of the coach being the problem for a 19th place hockey club (again) is more than having their collective heads in the sand. It's trash journalism.

Last night he claimed they were three months into their rebuild. Did he forget the 19-20 season that they finished in 19th place? That wasn't a rebuilding year?

Yes, the young players missed a year of development. Can he stop pretending that only the Dogs players missed that year? Every team in the league has lots of players that were affected. Those teams aren't getting run out of the building every night. Those GM's aren't telling everyone how crazy they are for thinking they'd be so bad.

Open your eyes, has Issaac Enright improved? Hell no, he's regressed. Cato, Agostinelli, Butler, etc. Go down the roster, who has improved under Billy Burke?

But, hey the boys have jobs right?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to NachoLou For This Useful Post:
Old 11-25-2021, 01:24 PM
Team Captain

dogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by NachoLou View Post
I watched some last night too. Matt Young is the furthest thing from a impartial reporter (not that he claims to be) He's nothing more than a cheerleader for the team. The three of them should use pom poms during their show. I couldn't tell you who would watch that nonsense on a weekly basis. To dismiss even the thought of the coach being the problem for a 19th place hockey club (again) is more than having their collective heads in the sand. It's trash journalism.

Last night he claimed they were three months into their rebuild. Did he forget the 19-20 season that they finished in 19th place? That wasn't a rebuilding year?

Yes, the young players missed a year of development. Can he stop pretending that only the Dogs players missed that year? Every team in the league has lots of players that were affected. Those teams aren't getting run out of the building every night. Those GM's aren't telling everyone how crazy they are for thinking they'd be so bad.

Open your eyes, has Issaac Enright improved? Hell no, he's regressed. Cato, Agostinelli, Butler, etc. Go down the roster, who has improved under Billy Burke?

But, hey the boys have jobs right?
Although I donít completely agree with his three months into a rebuild I kind of understand what he meant by it that team still had Sopa Lodnia Thomas Tomasino and they were ok they didnít really go down hill until the trades were made and Lodnia missed time and letís not forget Tynan was really good and barely giving up a bad goal which we canít say the same this year
Old 11-25-2021, 01:41 PM
Team Captain

Thanked 2,117 Times in 1,346 Posts
retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogs777 View Post
Although I donít completely agree with his three months into a rebuild I kind of understand what he meant by it that team still had Sopa Lodnia Thomas Tomasino and they were ok they didnít really go down hill until the trades were made and Lodnia missed time and letís not forget Tynan was really good and barely giving up a bad goal which we canít say the same this year
by removing the above players from the roster, we are left with a whole bunch of young kids. Some would have made the team and play 3rd and 4th line minutes, never mind the healthy scratches. The rest of the players would have played Junior B or some other league to further their development.
Old 11-25-2021, 03:11 PM
3rd Line

NachoLou is a splendid one to beholdNachoLou is a splendid one to beholdNachoLou is a splendid one to beholdNachoLou is a splendid one to beholdNachoLou is a splendid one to beholdNachoLou is a splendid one to beholdNachoLou is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogs777 View Post
Although I don’t completely agree with his three months into a rebuild I kind of understand what he meant by it that team still had Sopa Lodnia Thomas Tomasino and they were ok they didn’t really go down hill until the trades were made and Lodnia missed time and let’s not forget Tynan was really good and barely giving up a bad goal which we can’t say the same this year
For arguments sake, let's go the other way. Aside from his parents owning the team, what has Billy Burke ever done to deserve or keep an OHL head coaching job? We know he was handed an assistant job in the OHL without coaching at any level. He was handed a loaded team which he went on to get coached into the ground by an inferior Oshawa team. Followed that up by plummeting to 19th place in a rebuild year after the failed go for it year. Fast forward to this season, was expected to be middle of the pack based on the bill of goods his brother was selling.

So, either Joey is misrepresenting how talented this batch of youngsters are an in turn selling his brother down the river. Or, Billy has done nothing yet again to prove in the slightest that he is capable of being a bonafide OHL head coach. Which is it?

And in your opinion, can you name one thing that you can attribute to Billy Burke that has improved or even just lived up to expectations with him at the helm? I'll wait.

But hey, the boys have jobs right?

Last edited by NachoLou; 11-25-2021 at 03:12 PM.
Old 11-25-2021, 03:46 PM
Team Captain

dogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by NachoLou View Post
For arguments sake, let's go the other way. Aside from his parents owning the team, what has Billy Burke ever done to deserve or keep an OHL head coaching job? We know he was handed an assistant job in the OHL without coaching at any level. He was handed a loaded team which he went on to get coached into the ground by an inferior Oshawa team. Followed that up by plummeting to 19th place in a rebuild year after the failed go for it year. Fast forward to this season, was expected to be middle of the pack based on the bill of goods his brother was selling.

So, either Joey is misrepresenting how talented this batch of youngsters are an in turn selling his brother down the river. Or, Billy has done nothing yet again to prove in the slightest that he is capable of being a bonafide OHL head coach. Which is it?

And in your opinion, can you name one thing that you can attribute to Billy Burke that has improved or even just lived up to expectations with him at the helm? I'll wait.

But hey, the boys have jobs right?
I’ll start with the playoff loss a few years ago did you or anyone else really think a team with Stephen Dhillon really had a chance? Cause I definitely didn’t. I think joey did what he always does he says things that make everything/everyone sound better then they are I think they will be a talented team just like he said they would I just don’t think it’ll be this year maybe it’s next year but more likely the year after. As for the final part of what you said I can’t tell you if anything Billy has done has lived up to expectations because everyone has different expectations if your asking if they’ve lived up to mine yea kinda I didn’t expect playoffs 2 years ago and they didn’t make it I expected playoffs this year (but that was based on the unknown of the east) so maybe I was off on that but they still have over half a season left so we’ll see

Last edited by dogs777; 11-25-2021 at 03:49 PM.