Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum !  

Search:     Photos: 23,833    Downloads: 2,571,600   Msgs Posted: 136,348   Thread Views: 40,011,673   Online Now: 72
Go Back   Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum ! > NIAGARA ICEDOGS Fan Forums > Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News

Notices

Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News Discussions posted by the fans about the Niagara IceDogs - talk about games, players, fights, news, etc.

Old 11-25-2021, 05:04 PM
Top Prospect

AuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to AuldBone

I was going to chime in, and add my measly two cents in here... But to be candid... Most people here have hit the nail on the head...

Special shout out to Nacho, for making the point much more succinctly than I ever could (people who don't know me, say I'm loquacious... Anyone who does, just says I'm opinionated.).

This is, supposedly above all else, a developmental league... And honestly... I'm not seeing a whole lot of development. Even Tynan, who, let's not lie to each other, has regressed seriously in some games this season... Not that he's getting a lot of help. But I DO remember him being at least an adequate puck moving goalie. Something we've seen commented on here, that he really isn't doing this season. A baseline skill that all goalies need at the higher levels. Isaac Enright was supposed to have been a superior puck moving defenseman if I remember his pre-draft scouting report right. Cato has been... Uneven... That's a good word for his play...

I disagree on Butler, mostly because you will almost always see a slight downturn in play when a player is made Captain. There are, of course, some amazing exceptions to that rule... But on the whole, when a non-star player is made Captain... "uneasy is the head that wears a crown" and happens...

It's still fairly early in the season, in about a month, after the trade deadline, we'll see if JB has any magic left, or will he bring us Magic Beans? After the way BB has the bed in the beginning of the season, I'd be selling anyone who shouldn't be factored in next year anyway... Don't have to start the rebuild from scratch, so I think standing pat / selling is the way to go.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AuldBone For This Useful Post:
Old 11-26-2021, 04:53 PM
Top Prospect

Dogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuldBone View Post
so I think standing pat / selling is the way to go.
I agree. Panicking now is counter productive.
The Following User Says Thank You to Dogs Enthusiast 104 For This Useful Post:
Old 11-26-2021, 06:48 PM
3rd Line

OlDawg is a jewel in the roughOlDawg is a jewel in the roughOlDawg is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogs777 View Post
Iíll start with the playoff loss a few years ago did you or anyone else really think a team with Stephen Dhillon really had a chance? Cause I definitely didnít. I think joey did what he always does he says things that make everything/everyone sound better then they are I think they will be a talented team just like he said they would I just donít think itíll be this year maybe itís next year but more likely the year after. As for the final part of what you said I canít tell you if anything Billy has done has lived up to expectations because everyone has different expectations if your asking if theyíve lived up to mine yea kinda I didnít expect playoffs 2 years ago and they didnít make it I expected playoffs this year (but that was based on the unknown of the east) so maybe I was off on that but they still have over half a season left so weíll see
To keep it short...With BB as the coach we will get the first round pick in next years draft ( or with the new format at least a shot at it! ) Has this next draft got any 'exceptional' kids?
Old 11-26-2021, 07:10 PM
Team Captain

dogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by OlDawg View Post
To keep it short...With BB as the coach we will get the first round pick in next years draft ( or with the new format at least a shot at it! ) Has this next draft got any 'exceptional' kids?
Well I’ll keep it short as well then I think no matter who the coach is they’re picking top 4 based on what I’ve seen from this team (if they’re lucky they’ll get 5th) meaning 8th

Last edited by dogs777; 11-26-2021 at 07:11 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to dogs777 For This Useful Post:
Old 11-27-2021, 01:04 AM
2nd Line

5 for fighting is well liked by the other members5 for fighting is well liked by the other members5 for fighting is well liked by the other members5 for fighting is well liked by the other members5 for fighting is well liked by the other members5 for fighting is well liked by the other members5 for fighting is well liked by the other members5 for fighting is well liked by the other members5 for fighting is well liked by the other members5 for fighting is well liked by the other members5 for fighting is well liked by the other members

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogs777 View Post
Well Iíll keep it short as well then I think no matter who the coach is theyíre picking top 4 based on what Iíve seen from this team (if theyíre lucky theyíll get 5th) meaning 8th
I would agree. Their veterans for the most part are not great players. A lot of 3rd and 4th line players and 5 and 6 depth defencemen. They are still feeling the effects of when they traded everything away for their last run. This is a 5 year rebuild which I hope wonít be the norm.