Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum !  

Search:     Photos: 23,747    Downloads: 1,652,123   Msgs Posted: 130,878   Thread Views: 27,627,138   Online Now: 115
Go Back   Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum ! > NIAGARA ICEDOGS Fan Forums > Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News

Notices

Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News Discussions posted by the fans about the Niagara IceDogs - talk about games, players, fights, news, etc.

Old 05-04-2010, 08:05 PM
Resident OHL Expert

Thanked 2,957 Times in 1,242 Posts
fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!
Default Dogs fire GM and Coaching staff!

HockeyProspect.com is reporting via their twitter feed....

"Report: Niagara Coaches and G.M. Dave Brown have been let go." "2 hours ago"

"For what it's worth we now have multiple sources telling us that Niagara has cleaned house. Coaches and G.M. gone." (17mins ago)
Old 05-04-2010, 08:10 PM
2nd Line

BonesBuddy has much to be proud ofBonesBuddy has much to be proud ofBonesBuddy has much to be proud ofBonesBuddy has much to be proud ofBonesBuddy has much to be proud ofBonesBuddy has much to be proud ofBonesBuddy has much to be proud ofBonesBuddy has much to be proud ofBonesBuddy has much to be proud of

Wow! Kinda sudden and all at once wasn't it? This has got to affect all the players on a personal level as well as professional. Any given reason why?
Old 05-04-2010, 08:23 PM
3rd Line

Kat will become famous soon enough

I'm excited and nervous all at the same time, can't wait to hear more.

Although we did make a big come around half way threw the season, things were looking good.
Old 05-04-2010, 08:23 PM
3rd Line

Swifty14 is a splendid one to beholdSwifty14 is a splendid one to beholdSwifty14 is a splendid one to beholdSwifty14 is a splendid one to beholdSwifty14 is a splendid one to beholdSwifty14 is a splendid one to beholdSwifty14 is a splendid one to behold

Why not three days ago??? I have to see where this goes. Officially we have taken over from Kingston and Owen Sound as the biggest laughing stock in the league!!

Hmmmm, I wonder if Billy Burke Jr got his ass canned too?

Better yet, new head coach and GM announcement will be Billy Burke Jr!! lol, we are such a joke.

I am at a loss for words,, I actually thought the coaching staff did a pretty good job with what they had to work with this year. Good job to McCourt. My god, I actually think I want my money back for my tickets, this show is really starting to suck.
Old 05-04-2010, 08:33 PM
2nd Line

BonesBuddy has much to be proud ofBonesBuddy has much to be proud ofBonesBuddy has much to be proud ofBonesBuddy has much to be proud ofBonesBuddy has much to be proud ofBonesBuddy has much to be proud ofBonesBuddy has much to be proud ofBonesBuddy has much to be proud ofBonesBuddy has much to be proud of

I thought the same thing Swifty14, bet Billy Jr is still there. And 3 days after the draft, duh.
Old 05-04-2010, 08:45 PM
2nd Line

Thunder Hawk has much to be proud ofThunder Hawk has much to be proud ofThunder Hawk has much to be proud ofThunder Hawk has much to be proud ofThunder Hawk has much to be proud ofThunder Hawk has much to be proud ofThunder Hawk has much to be proud ofThunder Hawk has much to be proud ofThunder Hawk has much to be proud of

Welcome to the Niagara Ice dogs "Bizzaro" world . And i thought firing a coach weeks before the regular season was nutty, firing a GM 3 days after the draft is much worse !
Old 05-04-2010, 08:49 PM
2nd Line

dv8 is just really nicedv8 is just really nicedv8 is just really nicedv8 is just really nicedv8 is just really nice

If anyone thinks that this is out of the blue they need a reality check.

If this is true, most of us already knew that the Frank would not be back,
And that Billy this year would have more duties as oppossed to just calling and booking icetime, hotels and pizza.

Laddy's contract was only one year, and I think someone told me McCourts was one year at Head Coach.

I guess time will only tell, now if only the owners got rid of a couple of the pencil pushers in the office.
Old 05-04-2010, 09:05 PM
Resident OHL Expert

fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dv8 View Post
If anyone thinks that this is out of the blue they need a reality check.

If this is true, most of us already knew that the Frank would not be back,
And that Billy this year would have more duties as oppossed to just calling and booking icetime, hotels and pizza.

Laddy's contract was only one year, and I think someone told me McCourts was one year at Head Coach.

I guess time will only tell, now if only the owners got rid of a couple of the pencil pushers in the office.
Based on the length of the contracts it's not surprising. What is surprising is... why do you let these guys draft the future of the organization, and let them go 3 days later?

Both of their 1st round picks were a reach that could cost the Dogs for a long time. I'm not saying they won't be good hockey players. I'm saying they were drafted far too early. Not taking Koekkoek with the 6th pick was a big mistake IMO. Other then that and the Aaron Snow deal, I thought Brown did a good job.

We need someone with some real experience. No more rookie or project coaches.
Old 05-04-2010, 09:10 PM
3rd Line

Standing Room Only is on a distinguished road

Billy Burke Jr will be new GM
Old 05-04-2010, 09:10 PM
Resident OHL Expert

From Loosepucks.com....

Doyle: Niagara shakes up the front office
05/04/10 20:23 , Categories: blog
Just 72 hours after the competition of the OHL Priority Selection, the Niagara IceDogs have made significant changes.

IceDogs GM Dave Brown has been relieved of his duties, immediately after guiding Niagara through the draft - which included two picks in the first round. It is believed there are changes among the coaching staff as well but they have not been confirmed to this point.

Credit to Hockeyprospect.com for first breaking news of a shake-up going down in Niagara. An official announcement has not yet been made by the team.