Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum !  

Search:     Photos: 23,746    Downloads: 1,650,291   Msgs Posted: 130,805   Thread Views: 27,555,209   Online Now: 60
Go Back   Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum ! > NIAGARA ICEDOGS Fan Forums > Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News

Notices

Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News Discussions posted by the fans about the Niagara IceDogs - talk about games, players, fights, news, etc.

Old 11-09-2011, 06:14 PM
Top Prospect

ckg927 is a splendid one to beholdckg927 is a splendid one to beholdckg927 is a splendid one to beholdckg927 is a splendid one to beholdckg927 is a splendid one to beholdckg927 is a splendid one to beholdckg927 is a splendid one to beholdckg927 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogman View Post
th

That is so friggin cool, but you need yo up the reward....lol. That made my day!
Like...this much?

Old 11-09-2011, 06:39 PM
1st Line

hockeyfan is a splendid one to beholdhockeyfan is a splendid one to beholdhockeyfan is a splendid one to beholdhockeyfan is a splendid one to beholdhockeyfan is a splendid one to beholdhockeyfan is a splendid one to beholdhockeyfan is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckg927 View Post
I'd settle for "F YOU BRANCH!" And have it chanted over...and over...and over...

Memo to Marty: You've been handed great bulletin board material. Put it there and tell the team "Let's stick it to Branch. Let's win it all."
If the crowd would agree to yell this, I'd break my OHL boycott for one game to join in.

Time for more signs...

BRANCH SUCKS!

FREE TOM KÜHNHACKL

BILLINGSLEY...KÜHNHACKL...WHO'S NEXT, DAVE?

WELCOME TO THE O.H.HELL
Old 11-09-2011, 08:47 PM
Top Prospect

ckg927 is a splendid one to beholdckg927 is a splendid one to beholdckg927 is a splendid one to beholdckg927 is a splendid one to beholdckg927 is a splendid one to beholdckg927 is a splendid one to beholdckg927 is a splendid one to beholdckg927 is a splendid one to behold

Now, I'm not sure how comfortable people would be in chanting F bombs nonstop. IF you want, feel free to change the first word...SCREW might work. Or, go the Battlestar Galactica route and substitute Frak for the F word. That's how they got around the language problem...
Old 11-09-2011, 08:55 PM
1st Line

hockeyfan is a splendid one to beholdhockeyfan is a splendid one to beholdhockeyfan is a splendid one to beholdhockeyfan is a splendid one to beholdhockeyfan is a splendid one to beholdhockeyfan is a splendid one to beholdhockeyfan is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Now, I'm not sure how comfortable people would be in chanting F bombs nonstop. IF you want, feel free to change the first word...SCREW might work. Or, go the Battlestar Galactica route and substitute Frak for the F word. That's how they got around the language problem...
Oh, in this case, I'd be more than comfortable with non-stop f-bombs. Doesn't mean I'd do it, I know others may not like it.

I thought we were really going to yell the letter "F" in the yell! Gets the point across anyway! LOL

I would suggest, any time two notes present themselves for yelling on organ clips, to yell BRANCH SUCKS! if there's three notes, DAVE BRANCH SUCKS. And if it's the chicken dance, on the four notes, DA-VID BRANCH SUCKS!
Old 11-10-2011, 04:46 AM
Top Prospect

And this shouldn't be just at the next home game. It should be EVERY home game.
Old 11-10-2011, 08:20 AM
Rookie

Maverick will become famous soon enoughMaverick will become famous soon enough

Just a thought?

I've read many posts both on this board and many others, saw the comments on TSN etc.... and without rehashing everythign that has been said already, I have to wonder? Mr. Branch is in an appointed \ hired position. It is the leagues board that grants him the power and keeps him employed. I've not heard (not to suggest there has not been any, only I've not heard) any owner or GM (I know there are rules on this) speak out in any way on the current course set by Mr. Branch.

Has anyone heard from Ice Dogs ownership on this? I find it odd that the view of many (us the fans) with little or no control are outraged by this but those with power, be it Ice Dogs ownership or any other teams ownership, has spoken out on this. Does silence indicate a show of support. It appears there are few if any opponents at a controlling level against the current methods of Mr. Branch.

Until the people who control the league speak out, I expect this is the way hockey will be. As a fan, what can I do, accept the way things are as the hockey is still incredibly entertaining or stop going.

Over a period of time, if enough people do not show up you will definitely get the attention of ownership but it will not be a quick fix.

Just my thoughts
The Following User Says Thank You to Maverick For This Useful Post:
Old 11-10-2011, 09:59 AM
Resident OHL Expert

Thanked 2,953 Times in 1,241 Posts
fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick View Post
Just a thought?

I've read many posts both on this board and many others, saw the comments on TSN etc.... and without rehashing everythign that has been said already, I have to wonder? Mr. Branch is in an appointed \ hired position. It is the leagues board that grants him the power and keeps him employed. I've not heard (not to suggest there has not been any, only I've not heard) any owner or GM (I know there are rules on this) speak out in any way on the current course set by Mr. Branch.

Has anyone heard from Ice Dogs ownership on this? I find it odd that the view of many (us the fans) with little or no control are outraged by this but those with power, be it Ice Dogs ownership or any other teams ownership, has spoken out on this. Does silence indicate a show of support. It appears there are few if any opponents at a controlling level against the current methods of Mr. Branch.

Until the people who control the league speak out, I expect this is the way hockey will be. As a fan, what can I do, accept the way things are as the hockey is still incredibly entertaining or stop going.

Over a period of time, if enough people do not show up you will definitely get the attention of ownership but it will not be a quick fix.

Just my thoughts
I have wondered that myself. I assume that Branch is hired by the teams owners/board of governors. They must think he is doing a good job or he wouldn't hold the position for this long. Branch gets all the grief for rule changes and suspensions but its the board of governors that meet and vote on rule changes.

I'm not defending Branch here... I just don't understand that if the people that can change the direction that the league is going in (BOG, Owners) like what he is doing, and the way the league is being run, maybe the issue is with them, not him.
Old 11-10-2011, 12:58 PM
SysOp

Thanked 2,794 Times in 1,364 Posts
AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick View Post
You would think ownership WOULD be in an uproar about this. It's costing them fans. There's people on this site who have stopped going to games because of the league's actions of the past. Heck, I almost left after the Billingsley suspension and only renewed my season tix because I thought this year we were going to be dominating the way we did in 2007/08.

I saw the circus act at the Jack this past summer when the Shriners came to town. I don't need to keep watching it in the days following every hard clean hit that occurs. This isn't the OHL I was expecting when I paid for my seat.
The Following User Says Thank You to AlphaDog For This Useful Post:
Old 11-10-2011, 02:07 PM
3rd Line

pez3145 is just really nicepez3145 is just really nicepez3145 is just really nicepez3145 is just really nice

The owners and the league, with or without Branch, are going to continue to support the discipline. If Strome or Hamilton got clocked we would be as annoyed. The league is moving toward making room for Ellis, Graham and Murphy and removing Liambis (the Pronger and Stevens types). I believe all owners are onside with that choice. Personally I can still enjoy the game because Freisen is still the best player on the ice and Sol is afraid of him.
The Following User Says Thank You to pez3145 For This Useful Post:
Old 11-10-2011, 03:15 PM
1st Line

Quote:
And this shouldn't be just at the next home game. It should be EVERY home game.
Amen to that!