Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum !  

Search:     Photos: 23,786    Downloads: 1,724,986   Msgs Posted: 133,421   Thread Views: 29,372,276   Online Now: 98
Go Back   Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum ! > NIAGARA ICEDOGS Fan Forums > Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News

Notices

Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News Discussions posted by the fans about the Niagara IceDogs - talk about games, players, fights, news, etc.

Old 08-16-2018, 11:06 AM
Team Captain

dogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunder Hawk View Post
I think losing Lochead was huge. He was the Dogs only real physical presence on the blueline, he was a tough leader that could handle top 4 D-man minutes.
Losing him was definitely big but I donít think he would have been the only physical presence on D with Bukac now signed so I think the team is hoping that he will replace what they lost with Lochead physically and somewhat time wise as well
Old 08-16-2018, 12:08 PM
1st Line

maddog has a reputation beyond reputemaddog has a reputation beyond reputemaddog has a reputation beyond reputemaddog has a reputation beyond reputemaddog has a reputation beyond reputemaddog has a reputation beyond reputemaddog has a reputation beyond reputemaddog has a reputation beyond reputemaddog has a reputation beyond reputemaddog has a reputation beyond reputemaddog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunder Hawk View Post
I think losing Lochead was huge. He was the Dogs only real physical presence on the blueline, he was a tough leader that could handle top 4 D-man minutes.
I'm still hoping some way /somehow the Icedogs can change his mind.
Highly unlikely, but has happened before in the Ohl.
He was one of my favorites..
Huge loss and worse because very slim pickings on OA defenseman available on other teams.
Perhaps that Pacquette in Kingston will be available and he is very good
The Following User Says Thank You to maddog For This Useful Post:
Old 08-16-2018, 12:11 PM
Resident OHL Expert

Thanked 3,072 Times in 1,295 Posts
fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogs777 View Post
Losing him was definitely big but I don’t think he would have been the only physical presence on D with Bukac now signed so I think the team is hoping that he will replace what they lost with Lochead physically and somewhat time wise as well
Big doesn't make you physical. Since he's played over 100 games in the WHL and had zero fights, I'm thinking he doesn't jump at the physical aspect.

Last edited by fishfan51; 08-16-2018 at 03:28 PM.
Old 08-16-2018, 02:25 PM
Team Captain

dogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishfan51 View Post
Big doesn't make you physical. Since he's played over 100 games in the WHL and had zero fights, I'm thinking he does jump at the physical aspect.
You don’t have to fight to be physical especially in the OHL but that’s just my opinion
Old 08-16-2018, 04:42 PM
Resident OHL Expert

fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogs777 View Post
You donít have to fight to be physical especially in the OHL but thatís just my opinion
They typically go hand in hand. It's hard to play a physical brand for over 100 games and not have one tilt.

Curious, have you seen him play? I'm not being sarcastic, legit question.

If you've seen him play and it's a physical brand, then he may just be the replacement for Lochead. I haven't seen either of the imports play so I can't say either way, just going by what I've read and stats.

I don't see why Brandon would just let him go for nothing, if he was that good. Even if they were bringing in high end imports this year, they could have still traded him for a return. Doesn't make much sense that they would just let an asset walk away without getting something. It makes even less sense for him to fall to the second round of the import draft if he was that good and everyone knew he was coming over.

I'm in the minority when it comes to being excited about them just because they signed.

We've had other imports here in the past. They weren't good. (i.e. Machala, Bessonov, Demin, Doudera, Kopta, Protapovich, Sysala, etc.) So, I'll wait and see what they are about before getting excited.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to fishfan51 For This Useful Post:
Old 08-16-2018, 06:14 PM
2nd Line

jumbo1290 is a splendid one to beholdjumbo1290 is a splendid one to beholdjumbo1290 is a splendid one to beholdjumbo1290 is a splendid one to beholdjumbo1290 is a splendid one to beholdjumbo1290 is a splendid one to beholdjumbo1290 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
They typically go hand in hand. It's hard to play a physical brand for over 100 games and not have one tilt.

If you've seen him play and it's a physical brand, then he may just be the replacement for Lochead. I haven't seen either of the imports play so I can't say either way, just going by what I've read and stats.

I don't see why Brandon would just let him go for nothing, if he was that good. Even if they were bringing in high end imports this year, they could have still traded him for a return. Doesn't make much sense that they would just let an asset walk away without getting something. It makes even less sense for him to fall to the second round of the import draft if he was that good and everyone knew he was coming over.

I'm in the minority when it comes to being excited about them just because they signed.

We've had other imports here in the past. They weren't good. (i.e. Machala, Bessonov, Demin, Doudera, Kopta, Protapovich, Sysala, etc.) So, I'll wait and see what they are about before getting excited.
Brandon had to( by rule) drop an import from the roster; they can't trade a non asset. they chose an import so had to remove an import.
Old 08-16-2018, 07:26 PM
Team Captain

Thanked 2,033 Times in 1,288 Posts
retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:

I believe that I read that he only played 38 games last season due to injuries.
Old 08-16-2018, 07:33 PM
Resident OHL Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by retired/sectionJ View Post
I believe that I read that he only played 38 games last season due to injuries.
50 if you include the playoffs and 74 the year before. 124 total WHL games.
The Following User Says Thank You to fishfan51 For This Useful Post:
Old 08-16-2018, 08:24 PM
Big League

Chipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond repute

I heard Boston wasent happy with the amount of playing time he was getting...and apparently the owner has a kid who plays defense and that was going to cut into his playing time...not sure how true this is...but feel free to mull it over.
Old 08-16-2018, 08:37 PM
Resident OHL Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chipperdog View Post
I heard Boston wasent happy with the amount of playing time he was getting...and apparently the owner has a kid who plays defense and that was going to cut into his playing time...not sure how true this is...but feel free to mull it over.
Again, if heís that good, why wouldnít he be getting playing time?

Letís wait until camp and we see these guys for ourselves. Based on the import history we have, I donít understand the excitement people have.

I just donít buy reason/excuse a, b or c for him being released. If heís that good heís still be a Wheat King. Hope Iím wrong. Iíll wait to see him in action with my own eyes before anointing him the replacement for Lochead.
The Following User Says Thank You to fishfan51 For This Useful Post: