Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum !  

Search:     Photos: 23,448    Downloads: 1,212,831   Msgs Posted: 122,012   Thread Views: 21,736,727   Online Now: 83
Go Back   Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum ! > General Chit Chat - Sports or Niagara related

Notices

General Chit Chat - Sports or Niagara related General sports talk or any discussions about topics within the Niagara Region

Old 12-16-2016, 05:52 PM
SysOp

Thanked 2,786 Times in 1,361 Posts
AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!
Default Great service at a local car shop: Lakeport Auto Electric

It's not often that I praise any car shop. Lord knows I've been swindled by 2 dealerships, and another shop that is a chain here in Niagara (and I don't mean swindled as in I suspected something, I had -facts- showing I was). Even within the last 12 months - one charged me for labor and parts on a part that was in perfect condition because THEY JUST INSTALLED IT 4 MONTHS PREVIOUS, another wanted $700+ for a part the exact same part found only for $249. Another charged $800 to replace my front lights. Another wanted $200 for a $49 hood latch (which I opted to order instead) and refused to give me the part at cost and I said I'd still pay for their labor ($200 part + labor for them. I got the part for $49 and stuck it on myself (a hood latch and sensor)). Another charged me 45 mins labor to replace 2 fog lights, which I'd done myself on that car but it was already in for other work. It takes 10 seconds to change each one. I saw my car sitting up on the hoist for the 45mins while nobody was around. I could go on and on about these 3 places. All are big names here in St. Catharines.

ANYWAY... now I went over to Lakeport Auto Electric

I had some electrical work to do on my truck and can't say enough about how knowledged and friendly they are. And not friendly simply because your a customer: genuinely friendly - the kind that's built in to personality.

It's a smaller shop, family run, and has been there for as long as I an remember. Decades.

They do a bunch of other work besides just electrical, so if you're in the north end of St. Kitts, be sure to give them a try.

If anyone else knows of honest shops in St. Catharines, PLEASE PLEASE post here. (dont' mention any names of ones you've found to be dishonest as you could be held liable).

So, big thumbs up so far with Lakeport Auto Electric - Lakeport Rd. right before you go down to Port Dalhousie (or come UP from if you're coming from the other direction )

Talk to Sam.

Last edited by AlphaDog; 12-16-2016 at 06:41 PM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AlphaDog For This Useful Post:
Old 12-16-2016, 10:22 PM
Team Captain

Thanked 1,546 Times in 852 Posts
strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!

I've been going to AllTech Automotive in NF for close to twenty years. Same two partners have been running that garage the whole time.

Very honest, trustworthy and reasonable.

They also now buy vehicles at the auctions. Their fee for that is about $1k or so. I'll be using them to buy a vehicle for me the next time I have to replace the grocery getter.

Highly recommend them to anyone who lives in NF.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to strohs For This Useful Post: