Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum !  

Search:     Photos: 23,708    Downloads: 1,577,561   Msgs Posted: 128,741   Thread Views: 25,931,638   Online Now: 103
Go Back   Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum ! > NIAGARA ICEDOGS Fan Forums > Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News

Notices

Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News Discussions posted by the fans about the Niagara IceDogs - talk about games, players, fights, news, etc.

Old 05-29-2019, 01:01 PM
Team Captain

Thanked 3,096 Times in 1,514 Posts
Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogtired View Post
That is encouraging. Maybe there will be teams in a worst situation than us. Of course, I think our defence and goaltending might be our main problem this season.
Actually, the IceDogs defense will likely the strength of this team, with OA Jacob Paquette, OA Drew Hunter, OA Elijah Roberts, Mason Howard and their top 2 picks in the OHL Priority Draft (Enright and Cato) forming the 6 to start the season.

Goaltending is a question mark - but who know if the OHL allows teams to carry an extra OA (as a goalie).
The Following User Says Thank You to Blacksox For This Useful Post:
Old 05-29-2019, 01:23 PM
Team Captain

Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogtired View Post
That is encouraging. Maybe there will be teams in a worst situation than us.
Exactly, those expecting the IceDogs to fail miserably this season and finish out of the playoffs may be surprised. I’ve mentioned it to others, the bottom half of the Eastern Conference is not going to be particularly strong. The IceDogs finishing 7th or 8th is not at all a reach.
Old 05-29-2019, 08:59 PM
Team Captain

Thanked 1,859 Times in 1,041 Posts
strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!

Goaltending is a HUGE question mark

Even though the d will be ok assuming all return, the goalie still has to stop the puck and the dogs lack any type of depth in goal with OHL experience

Of course they could always go out and trade for someone with you know none of the draft picks they have

I also highly doubt they put three OA d on the roster at once as it will take away icetime from the two rookies ...

Plus Thomas is gone at the latest by the trade deadline if not earlier .. lotta games after the trade deadline to play with what should be a more depleted roster after hopefully trading some players for assets

I still say the Dogs miss the playoffs unless the Burke’s go on another spending spree with you know none of the draft pick assets they have

I simply don’t see them making the playoffs this year

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 05-29-2019, 11:13 PM
2nd Line

5 for fighting has much to be proud of5 for fighting has much to be proud of5 for fighting has much to be proud of5 for fighting has much to be proud of5 for fighting has much to be proud of5 for fighting has much to be proud of5 for fighting has much to be proud of5 for fighting has much to be proud of5 for fighting has much to be proud of5 for fighting has much to be proud of

Of the 83 returning even strength goals, Thomas and Tomasino have 57 goals and Thomas and likely Tomasino will be gone by the trade deadline. I also think they will only go with 2 OA defencemen and both Enright and Cato will likely struggle their first year. I think they will miss the playoffs as well Strohs.

Last edited by 5 for fighting; 05-29-2019 at 11:14 PM.
Old 05-29-2019, 11:44 PM
Team Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5 for fighting View Post
Of the 83 returning even strength goals, Thomas and Tomasino have 57 goals and Thomas and likely Tomasino will be gone by the trade deadline. I also think they will only go with 2 OA defencemen and both Enright and Cato will likely struggle their first year. I think they will miss the playoffs as well Strohs.
That line of thinking makes sense if the IceDogs were the only Eastern team selling at the deadline, but history tells us that 3 or 4 of those teams returning less even strength goals than the IceDogs are likely going to trade most of theirs away too.

Now having said that, we can only hope the other 9 Eastern Conference teams are buyers - that would certainly speed up the IceDogs climb to the top again.

#thehaveandthehavenots
Old 05-30-2019, 05:14 AM
2nd Line

jumbo1290 is a splendid one to beholdjumbo1290 is a splendid one to beholdjumbo1290 is a splendid one to beholdjumbo1290 is a splendid one to beholdjumbo1290 is a splendid one to beholdjumbo1290 is a splendid one to beholdjumbo1290 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5 for fighting View Post
why assume Cato and Enright struggle? Leyton Moore didn't.
Old 05-30-2019, 06:02 PM
2nd Line

5 for fighting has much to be proud of5 for fighting has much to be proud of5 for fighting has much to be proud of5 for fighting has much to be proud of5 for fighting has much to be proud of5 for fighting has much to be proud of5 for fighting has much to be proud of5 for fighting has much to be proud of5 for fighting has much to be proud of5 for fighting has much to be proud of

Moore was an exception. Most 1st year defencemen struggle. Remember Billy Constantinou. Great defenceman now but had an error filled rookie season. Itís very difficult to be playing with kids the same age as you your whole life and then suddenly to be playing in front of thousands of fans playing against players up to 4 years older than you are.
Old 05-30-2019, 06:14 PM
Team Captain

Thanked 1,859 Times in 1,041 Posts
strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jumbo1290 View Post
why assume Cato and Enright struggle? Leyton Moore didn't.

Moore is the exception

Over 12 years
Of OHL hockey here he was probably one of the best 16 yo d men we had

To assume that the two rookies this year won’t struggle because Moore didn’t is kinda silly

Lol

Old 05-30-2019, 08:58 PM
2nd Line

jumbo1290 is a splendid one to beholdjumbo1290 is a splendid one to beholdjumbo1290 is a splendid one to beholdjumbo1290 is a splendid one to beholdjumbo1290 is a splendid one to beholdjumbo1290 is a splendid one to beholdjumbo1290 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by strohs View Post
Moore is the exception

Over 12 years
Of OHL hockey here he was probably one of the best 16 yo d men we had

To assume that the two rookies this year won’t struggle because Moore didn’t is kinda silly

Lol

I'm assuming nothing; I said Cato and Enright do not have to struggle . assume all you want; the proof will be on the ice.
Old 05-30-2019, 09:59 PM

Thanked 3,363 Times in 1,835 Posts
NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jumbo1290 View Post
I'm assuming nothing; I said Cato and Enright do not have to struggle . assume all you want; the proof will be on the ice.
Couldn't agree more, I didn't find Constantinou all that bad either. Sure he made a few blunders but he was coachable and a few teams took notice.