Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum !  

Search:     Photos: 23,746    Downloads: 1,650,611   Msgs Posted: 130,805   Thread Views: 27,566,566   Online Now: 106
Go Back   Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum ! > NIAGARA ICEDOGS Fan Forums > Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News

Notices

Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News Discussions posted by the fans about the Niagara IceDogs - talk about games, players, fights, news, etc.

Old 06-01-2019, 09:13 AM
Team Captain

Thanked 1,916 Times in 1,209 Posts
retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blacksox View Post
Your honour, if we continue to read past the bold print “He would struggle” we find the words “at times” - and if we continue to read on Coach Burke is quoted saying, “and show flashes of brilliance at times,”

So, if the accuser is submitting this document as evidence the coach believed Constantinou “struggled”, I wish to submit this as evidence that the coach believed that the defendant was then “brilliant”?

Members of the jury, I ask you is Coach Billy indicating the glass is half empty or half full?
I think that maybe, we should call for a mistrial here.
The Following User Says Thank You to retired/sectionJ For This Useful Post:
Old 06-01-2019, 09:40 AM
Team Captain

Thanked 3,274 Times in 1,630 Posts
Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiceDawg View Post
Nothing at stake this year, I am only nervous if the price of beer goes up.
Since, this is the first year of rebuild you are 100% correct . Like you said, aside from worrying about rising beer prices and perhaps "buttered" popcorn raining down on us… “the stakes are not high”. The IceDogs’ two rookie dman are in the fortunate position of being paired with two experienced OAs.

So watching these….

…with potential and upside develop next season is one of the best parts of following junior hockey.

The Following User Says Thank You to Blacksox For This Useful Post:
Old 06-01-2019, 01:59 PM
Top Prospect

Dogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond repute

They better not raise the price of beer.

I can afford paying a little more but a lot of people can not.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dogs Enthusiast 104 For This Useful Post:
Old 06-01-2019, 02:50 PM
2nd Line

5 for fighting has much to be proud of5 for fighting has much to be proud of5 for fighting has much to be proud of5 for fighting has much to be proud of5 for fighting has much to be proud of5 for fighting has much to be proud of5 for fighting has much to be proud of5 for fighting has much to be proud of5 for fighting has much to be proud of5 for fighting has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blacksox View Post
Your honour, if we continue to read past the bold print “He would struggle” we find the words “at times” - and if we continue to read on Coach Burke is quoted saying, “and show flashes of brilliance at times,”

So, if the accuser is submitting this document as evidence the coach believed Constantinou “struggled”, I wish to submit this as evidence that the coach believed that the defendant was then “brilliant”?

Members of the jury, I ask you is Coach Billy indicating the glass is half empty or half full?
Well considering “He’s a guy who was in and out of the lineup” I would say it’s safe to assume he struggled more than showing flashes of brilliance.

I think both of these defenceman will eventually be good but it’s silly to think a 17th picked player and especially a third round player will come in their rookie season and make a big impact.

Last edited by 5 for fighting; 06-01-2019 at 02:56 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to 5 for fighting For This Useful Post:
Old 06-01-2019, 05:42 PM
2nd Line

jumbo1290 is a splendid one to beholdjumbo1290 is a splendid one to beholdjumbo1290 is a splendid one to beholdjumbo1290 is a splendid one to beholdjumbo1290 is a splendid one to beholdjumbo1290 is a splendid one to beholdjumbo1290 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5 for fighting View Post
Well considering “He’s a guy who was in and out of the lineup” I would say it’s safe to assume he struggled more than showing flashes of brilliance.

I think both of these defenceman will eventually be good but it’s silly to think a 17th picked player and especially a third round player will come in their rookie season and make a big impact.
5 rookie players scored 30 goals last season. Enough impact fer ya? not to mention those that scored 18 or more.
Old 06-01-2019, 09:38 PM
4th Line

Meowinawoofworld has a spectacular aura aboutMeowinawoofworld has a spectacular aura aboutMeowinawoofworld has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by jumbo1290 View Post
5 rookie players scored 30 goals last season. Enough impact fer ya? not to mention those that scored 18 or more.
Only 6 rookies scored 18 or more (Perfetti, Prerrault, Rossi, Byfield, Cullye, and Butler). And, of those, only 2 scored 30 or more. Additionally, the next highest, Rossi, is a 2001, where the others are 2002s. To continue, the above mentioned are all forwards, our 2 picks are defensemen. The top rookie goal scorers for d-men? O'Rourke with 8 and Drysdale with 7. But why mess up an argument with facts?

Enright and Cato could turn out to be fantastic, prospects along the lines of Moore, O'Rourke, Drysdale, Constantinou. Or, they could turn out to be like many other highly touted d-men who just didn't pan out, no need for names.

Relax, but at least make your arguments with some facts...and relevant (position to position).

Last edited by Meowinawoofworld; 06-01-2019 at 11:25 PM. Reason: Added thoughts
Old 06-01-2019, 10:40 PM
Team Captain

Thanked 1,989 Times in 1,121 Posts
strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Well according to the coach he struggled.

https://www.bpsportsniagara.com/cons...for-next-step/

“He’s a guy who was in and out of the lineup. He would struggle at times and show flashes of brilliance at times,” Burke said. “It’s tough. It’s hard on rookie goalies and the next hardest is on rookie defencemen.”

And it sounds like Constantinou knew he struggled in his first year as well as he was quoted saying:

“Being a rookie can be tough sometimes but every player goes through that in the league and it’s something you have to deal with if you want to play at a high level.”

I don’t think it’s me that has the short memory Blacksox

And as a side note, we will likely have 2 rookie goalies and mostly rookie defencemen, which Burke said is the most difficult two positions for rookies.

Thank you 5FF

My points exactly

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 06-01-2019, 10:41 PM
Team Captain

strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiceDawg View Post
Nothing at stake this year, I am only nervous if the price of beer goes up.

Of course it’s going up

It’s certainly not going to go down lol

Old 06-01-2019, 10:42 PM
Team Captain

Quote:

You make so many good points

Saving me from having to post messages

Thanks again!

Old 06-01-2019, 10:43 PM
Team Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by jumbo1290 View Post

Oh so now our rookie d are scoring at least 18 goals

LOL

Sounds like we have drafted Bryan Fogarty 2.0 and they haven’t even hit training camp yet!