Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum !  

Search:     Photos: 23,708    Downloads: 1,581,634   Msgs Posted: 128,751   Thread Views: 25,964,598   Online Now: 103
Go Back   Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum ! > NIAGARA ICEDOGS Fan Forums > Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News

Notices

Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News Discussions posted by the fans about the Niagara IceDogs - talk about games, players, fights, news, etc.

Old 06-01-2019, 10:06 PM
3rd Line

louie dogg is a glorious beacon of lightlouie dogg is a glorious beacon of lightlouie dogg is a glorious beacon of lightlouie dogg is a glorious beacon of lightlouie dogg is a glorious beacon of light

Beer prices are MC.....not Ice Dogs.
The Following User Says Thank You to louie dogg For This Useful Post:
Old 06-01-2019, 10:43 PM
2nd Line

jumbo1290 is a splendid one to beholdjumbo1290 is a splendid one to beholdjumbo1290 is a splendid one to beholdjumbo1290 is a splendid one to beholdjumbo1290 is a splendid one to beholdjumbo1290 is a splendid one to beholdjumbo1290 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by strohs View Post
Oh so now our rookie d are scoring at least 18 goals

LOL

Sounds like we have drafted Bryan Fogarty 2.0 and they haven’t even hit training camp yet!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
the point is that rookies can have an impact; it happens. I know this is difficult for you to grasp, but keep trying, you'll get the hang of it.
The Following User Says Thank You to jumbo1290 For This Useful Post:
Old 06-01-2019, 11:25 PM

Thanked 3,363 Times in 1,835 Posts
NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by strohs View Post
Of course it’s going up

It’s certainly not going to go down lol
I stopped buying beer at MC the last time it went up. Nothing the team is going to do on the ice will make me nervous this year. Nothing to lose and can't win. Cheer for every save and every goal
Old 06-02-2019, 07:52 AM
2nd Line

g_squad has much to be proud ofg_squad has much to be proud ofg_squad has much to be proud ofg_squad has much to be proud ofg_squad has much to be proud ofg_squad has much to be proud ofg_squad has much to be proud ofg_squad has much to be proud ofg_squad has much to be proud of

From a stress level, I prefer the "rebuild" years. I go to the games with zero expectations. When the Dogs win, it's a bonus. Using this past years team as an example, the expectation is that they should win almost every game and I get so frustrated when they come out lackluster and crap the bed and lose a winnable game. With no expectations of grandeur, I can just watch the game and enjoy whatever happens. Hopefully we have the coaching staff to help this team develop and gel for another run in the near future. Go Dogs Go.
Old 06-02-2019, 08:08 AM
Team Captain

Thanked 1,859 Times in 1,041 Posts
strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jumbo1290 View Post
the point is that rookies can have an impact; it happens. I know this is difficult for you to grasp, but keep trying, you'll get the hang of it.

Sure rookies ‘can’ have an impact ...

I’m smart enough to realize that given the inexperience that will be behind the D, the eventual trades of veteran players during the season, playing half the season after the deadline against teams who’ve stacked up while you’ve (hopefully) sold off ... that the odds are that they won’t make an immediate impact this year ...

For every Lleyton More rookie success story there are many other rookie debuts that don’t go so glowingly ...

Keep trying, you’ll get the hang of it ...

Old 06-02-2019, 08:09 AM
Team Captain

Thanked 1,859 Times in 1,041 Posts
strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!

Paquette unsigned by Preds and is now an NHL UFA...

Old 06-02-2019, 09:03 AM
Team Captain

Thanked 1,842 Times in 1,155 Posts
retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!

To followup on our overage players, I found this on Twitter from Generals Live...

Noel Hoefenmayer (OTT), Daniel Bukac (NIA), Liam Hawel (GUE), Zach Gallant (PBO), Cole Fraser (PBO), Reilly Webb (SAG), Brady Gilmour (SAG), Jacob Paquette (NIA), Ryan McGregor (SAR), Matt Brassard (NIA) all went unsigned by their #NHL team and are all now free-agents

7:38 PM - 1 Jun 2019

Do any of our above mentioned players return to us in August?

Last edited by retired/sectionJ; 06-02-2019 at 09:12 AM. Reason: one o in the word to
Old 06-02-2019, 09:18 AM
Team Captain

retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!

I have set in my mind that Bukac has already or will soon be released by Niagara so that they can have one pick in this month's Import Draft. Sopa returns; if he wishes to.
Paquette, would be a great mentor for our two rookie d-men but, would move him at the deadline.

Naturally, if they end up signing with an AHL team, all bets are off.

Last edited by retired/sectionJ; 06-02-2019 at 10:16 AM.
Old 06-02-2019, 09:57 AM
Team Captain

dogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by retired/sectionJ View Post
I have set in my mind that Bukac has already or will soon be released by Niagara so that they can have one pick in this month's Import Draft. Sopa returns; if he wishes to.
Paquette, would be a great mentor for our two rookie d-men but, would move him at the deadline.
As for Brassard, I would get what ever I could for him as possible, maybe late summer.

Naturally, if they end up signing with an AHL team, all bets are off.
Wasn’t Brassard an OA
The Following User Says Thank You to dogs777 For This Useful Post:
Old 06-02-2019, 10:15 AM
Team Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogs777 View Post
Wasn’t Brassard an OA
Oops !!!!
You are correct, my mistake.
I will make the changes above