Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum !  

Search:     Photos: 23,708    Downloads: 1,581,634   Msgs Posted: 128,751   Thread Views: 25,964,528   Online Now: 113
Go Back   Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum ! > NIAGARA ICEDOGS Fan Forums > Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News

Notices

Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News Discussions posted by the fans about the Niagara IceDogs - talk about games, players, fights, news, etc.

Old 06-03-2019, 03:35 PM
2nd Line

g_squad has much to be proud ofg_squad has much to be proud ofg_squad has much to be proud ofg_squad has much to be proud ofg_squad has much to be proud ofg_squad has much to be proud ofg_squad has much to be proud ofg_squad has much to be proud ofg_squad has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by three dog night View Post
What are they going to do with all of the goaltenders that they have signed?

- Rosenzweig ('03)
- Tynan ('02)
- Sbaraglia ('01)
- McGrath ('99)

Did I miss any? Were Eberhardt ('00) or Imperio ('02) signed? Kraws ('00) and Borgiel ('00) have been no shows at training camps to this point.

Do they release / trade (for a bag of used jockstraps) McGrath?

I guess Training Camp will be a battle for the crease and the BUG positions.
Old 06-03-2019, 03:42 PM
Team Captain

dogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by g_squad View Post
What are they going to do with all of the goaltenders that they have signed?

- Rosenzweig ('03)
- Tynan ('02)
- Sbaraglia ('01)
- McGrath ('99)

Did I miss any? Were Eberhardt ('00) or Imperio ('02) signed? Kraws ('00) and Borgiel ('00) have been no shows at training camps to this point.

Do they release / trade (for a bag of used jockstraps) McGrath?

I guess Training Camp will be a battle for the crease and the BUG positions.
Iíd take McGrath out of the situation and then figure out what you want to do from there I think itíll be tyan and Sbaraglia splitting the net this year and let Rosenzweig be a starter somewhere for the year
Old 06-03-2019, 04:08 PM
Team Captain

Thanked 1,842 Times in 1,155 Posts
retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogs777 View Post
Iíd take McGrath out of the situation and then figure out what you want to do from there I think itíll be tyan and Sbaraglia splitting the net this year and let Rosenzweig be a starter somewhere for the year
Sounds like a pretty good plan to me.
The only part about your plan that somewhat bothers me about going with two young goalies, that it does not always work out.
I remember when they decided to go with John Cullen and Mark Visentin. That experiment did not work out too well
They brought in, I believe Jeremy Smith to stop the bleeding and Cullen was eventually traded to Sarnia (I think)
Old 06-03-2019, 04:39 PM
Big League

Thanked 1,117 Times in 657 Posts
dogs77 is absolutely magnificent!dogs77 is absolutely magnificent!dogs77 is absolutely magnificent!dogs77 is absolutely magnificent!dogs77 is absolutely magnificent!dogs77 is absolutely magnificent!dogs77 is absolutely magnificent!dogs77 is absolutely magnificent!dogs77 is absolutely magnificent!dogs77 is absolutely magnificent!dogs77 is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by retired/sectionJ View Post
The only part about your plan that somewhat bothers me about going with two young goalies, that it does not always work out.
I remember when they decided to go with John Cullen and Mark Visentin. That experiment did not work out too well
They brought in, I believe Jeremy Smith to stop the bleeding and Cullen was eventually traded to Sarnia (I think)
A worth while risk in a rebuild... we all knew itvwas goig to be a complete rebuild from the crease on out
The Following User Says Thank You to dogs77 For This Useful Post:
Old 06-03-2019, 06:24 PM
Team Captain

dogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by retired/sectionJ View Post
If for some reason it goes extremely wrong you can find some older goalie thatís a FA but in a rebuild year Iíd still go 2 younger guys and at least 2 OA d to play with each of the kids
Old 06-03-2019, 06:43 PM
Top Prospect

Dogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond repute

Doesn't McGrath give us the best chance to win some tough games next year?

I say keep him and cycle a couple of the youngsters as back up. Let them start a few just to see what we have.

Clearly I have not completely given up squeaking into the playoffs. Which I think is important for a young team to experience.

Last edited by Dogs Enthusiast 104; 06-03-2019 at 06:44 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Dogs Enthusiast 104 For This Useful Post:
Old 06-03-2019, 06:55 PM
Team Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogs Enthusiast 104 View Post

I say keep him and cycle a couple of the youngsters as back up. Let them start a few just to see what we have.

Clearly I have not completely given up squeaking into the playoffs. Which I think is important for a young team to experience.
I havenít given up hope weíll get into the playoffs but I donít know if McGrath would be that great of a starter just look at his numbers in Sudbury and how he was just ok when he played for us
Old 06-03-2019, 07:31 PM
Top Prospect

Dogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond repute

He is a year older now. We might get lucky with one of the young guys. But I feel he gives us a decent chance. If he has no improvement then we have some options.
Old 06-03-2019, 07:34 PM
Team Captain

Thanked 1,859 Times in 1,041 Posts
strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:

Unless they change the OA rules exempting a goalie or increasing the number it makes absolutely zero sense to keep McGrath as an OA

Some on here will take that as a negative comment LMFAO. I tend to think it’s common sense ...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to strohs For This Useful Post:
Old 06-04-2019, 11:54 AM

Thanked 3,363 Times in 1,835 Posts
NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:

I am personally not all that concerned about this upcoming season. I would rather release McGrath for picks and play the rookies in hopes one emerges as a legitimate starter. I could care less about the playoffs this time around.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to NiceDawg For This Useful Post: