Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum !  

Search:     Photos: 23,850    Downloads: 2,832,969   Msgs Posted: 140,832   Thread Views: 47,941,070   Online Now: 130
Go Back   Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum ! > NIAGARA ICEDOGS Fan Forums > Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News

Notices

Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News Discussions posted by the fans about the Niagara IceDogs - talk about games, players, fights, news, etc.

Old 10-13-2022, 06:08 PM
Curmudgeon

Thanked 2,584 Times in 1,485 Posts
strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawg Tired View Post
So, lets see...

Piss away all developing talent...

Piss away number of future draft picks greater than a team would ordinarily have to continue building on...

Acquire at great costs players that will be gone next year...

Leave team with no prospect of having any player that can be traded to recoup any significant picks with which to rebuild any time within years...

I don't know any reality in which this could be considered a good business model. This is just looking at the on-ice player side of things.

The rebuild years don't both me as long as I get to see young talent developing. With no prospect of watching a winner and no prospect or apparent plan for developing young talent, why would anyone want to continue buying a seasons ticket?

I also enjoy seeing young talent progress

I was looking forward to watching last years group improve this year

Sadly that will not be the case

Now we are left with an old team that very likely does not win a championship and very little prospects for the future

It is utterly disappointing that he has made this big of a mess, I figured it would be bad, I did not envision it ever being this bad

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 10-14-2022, 02:34 AM
2nd Line

OlDawg is a jewel in the roughOlDawg is a jewel in the roughOlDawg is a jewel in the roughOlDawg is a jewel in the rough
Default BB behind the bench?

Quote:
Originally Posted by strohs View Post
Wow I wish we could take the time machine back to when that Dickinson trade was made and just stop there and then not do the other two boneheaded moves he made with London?

I am at the point where I would take JB back even if it meant BB behind the bench

Sanity says there has to be a point where even that is too steep!
Old 10-14-2022, 11:28 AM
Resident OHL Expert

Thanked 3,368 Times in 1,452 Posts
fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
I also enjoy seeing young talent progress

I was looking forward to watching last years group improve this year

Sadly that will not be the case

Now we are left with an old team that very likely does not win a championship and very little prospects for the future

It is utterly disappointing that he has made this big of a mess, I figured it would be bad, I did not envision it ever being this bad

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U7fjDS0jKiE
Old 10-14-2022, 05:02 PM
Grump

Thanked 4,004 Times in 2,244 Posts
NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!

Ah yes, winning a game... I just hope I remember who used to be on our team when I get back from vacation.
Old 10-17-2022, 07:29 PM
Top Prospect

the dog has a reputation beyond reputethe dog has a reputation beyond reputethe dog has a reputation beyond reputethe dog has a reputation beyond reputethe dog has a reputation beyond reputethe dog has a reputation beyond reputethe dog has a reputation beyond reputethe dog has a reputation beyond reputethe dog has a reputation beyond reputethe dog has a reputation beyond reputethe dog has a reputation beyond repute

Icedogs draft pick 4 round Andrew Vermeulen has 6 goals in 7 games for branford 99's
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to the dog For This Useful Post:
Old 10-17-2022, 09:16 PM
Top Prospect

the dog has a reputation beyond reputethe dog has a reputation beyond reputethe dog has a reputation beyond reputethe dog has a reputation beyond reputethe dog has a reputation beyond reputethe dog has a reputation beyond reputethe dog has a reputation beyond reputethe dog has a reputation beyond reputethe dog has a reputation beyond reputethe dog has a reputation beyond reputethe dog has a reputation beyond repute

On intermission report with Ted Lehman DeDobbelaer said that he has 6 A cards left.
Old 10-18-2022, 03:20 PM
3rd Line

DJBrooks is a splendid one to beholdDJBrooks is a splendid one to beholdDJBrooks is a splendid one to beholdDJBrooks is a splendid one to beholdDJBrooks is a splendid one to beholdDJBrooks is a splendid one to beholdDJBrooks is a splendid one to behold

He also admitted he didn't plan for injury......that's why he made the Keane move. Not exactly something to cheer about.
This sounds like really bad news for Cato too in terms of long term injury.

He also says they have tons of picks next year...and ignoring the year after is horrendous.

He also says he has 6 cards left as if that's plenty...... We are less than 10% into the season and he has handcuffed himself.

He ALSO says he is available anytime anyone wants to talk.....which is hilariously false. You think YourTV hasn't reached out? You think BP sports hasn't reached out? You think The Standard hasnt reached out? The guy has sat down and talked to Ted who travels with the team and is basically a team employee and the podcast guys who have affiliated themselves with the team basically making them team employees. he very much seems to be picking and choosing his battles - which, is his perogative....its also ours as fans to call him on it.

He honestly seems like a nice guy who wants to win. Which for fans is wicked. We all want a winning team too.....there are just some legitimate concerns about decisions being made.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the dog View Post
On intermission report with Ted Lehman DeDobbelaer said that he has 6 A cards left.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to DJBrooks For This Useful Post:
Old 10-18-2022, 05:09 PM
Curmudgeon

Thanked 2,584 Times in 1,485 Posts
strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!
Default Draft Pick Capital

Thanks for the info

Not reassuring whatsoever

That trade shuffle last week amongst the OA players will really handcuff this team in a few years

It simply was not the time to be acquiring an OA D at that cost, and then waffling on the OA player you brought in in June.

Just
Mind boggling.

Sigh

I could not believe that there was no write up in the subStandard on the Sunday after the big Saturday night win. I am not sure if an article has been written since but I mean sheesh apparently there is no regular reporting on the local junior team in the local fish rag? That is unbelievable

Old 10-18-2022, 05:46 PM
Team Captain

Thanked 1,069 Times in 865 Posts
dogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Thanks for the info

That trade shuffle last week amongst the OA players will really handcuff this team in a few years

It simply was not the time to be acquiring an OA D at that cost, and then waffling on the OA player you brought in in June.

Just
Mind boggling.

Sigh

I could not believe that there was no write up in the subStandard on the Sunday after the big Saturday night win. I am not sure if an article has been written since but I mean sheesh apparently there is no regular reporting on the local junior team in the local fish rag? That is unbelievable

I just looked on the standards website and an article was posted on Sunday
Old 10-18-2022, 07:00 PM
Big League

Thanked 1,019 Times in 686 Posts
Dogs Enthusiast 104 is absolutely magnificent!Dogs Enthusiast 104 is absolutely magnificent!Dogs Enthusiast 104 is absolutely magnificent!Dogs Enthusiast 104 is absolutely magnificent!Dogs Enthusiast 104 is absolutely magnificent!Dogs Enthusiast 104 is absolutely magnificent!Dogs Enthusiast 104 is absolutely magnificent!Dogs Enthusiast 104 is absolutely magnificent!Dogs Enthusiast 104 is absolutely magnificent!Dogs Enthusiast 104 is absolutely magnificent!Dogs Enthusiast 104 is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Thanks for the info

Just
Mind boggling.

Sigh

Ya, there was a Standard article on Sunday. It was front and centre on their website on Sunday.

https://www.stcatharinesstandard.ca/...game-skid.html

Last edited by Dogs Enthusiast 104; 10-18-2022 at 07:01 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Dogs Enthusiast 104 For This Useful Post: