Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum !  

Search:     Photos: 23,422    Downloads: 1,187,642   Msgs Posted: 121,103   Thread Views: 21,315,391   Online Now: 64
Go Back   Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum ! > NIAGARA ICEDOGS Fan Forums > Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News

Notices

Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News Discussions posted by the fans about the Niagara IceDogs - talk about games, players, fights, news, etc.

View Poll Results: Was the Mike Richards hit on David Booth clean or dirty?
Clean hit, but vicious. No suspension. 4 25.00%
Dirty hit. Surely he will receive a suspension. 6 37.50%
Clean hit, but he will be suspended anyways because of the outcome. 5 31.25%
I haven't seen the hit, can't comment 1 6.25%
Voters: 16. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-25-2009, 10:17 AM
Team Captain

Thanked 1,531 Times in 844 Posts
strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!
Default Mike Richards' hit on David Booth - SAT OCT 24th

Did any of you see the Mike Richards hit on David Booth in the Philly/Florida game Saturday night? If you were watching hockey at home Saturday night I don't know how you would not have seen it.

I have been flip flopping on the cleanliness of this hit, I have seen it a few times, and I was wondering what the consensus opinion on it was?!

I am a Flyers fan so my thoughts on it might be kinda biased, although I am trying to look at the hit independently, I think it was a clean hit, but a vicious hit.

Booth was caught in the 'trolley tracks', admiring his pass, while cutting across the Flyers blue-line, and Richards absolutely smoked him with the shoulder...no elbow...did not leave his feet...the problem was that Booth was kind of hunched over and therefore Richards' shoulder hits Booth in the face, which knocks booth out and he lands face first on the ice.

Youtube it if you haven't seen it.

My vote is that it is clean, but vicious.
Old 10-25-2009, 10:44 AM
3rd Line

slats will become famous soon enough
Send a message via MSN to slats

Dirty hit. Thats the only way the flyers hit.
Old 10-25-2009, 03:22 PM
3rd Line

the octopus is a jewel in the roughthe octopus is a jewel in the roughthe octopus is a jewel in the rough

Definitely dirty. He targeted the head with the intent to injury.
Old 10-25-2009, 08:49 PM
2nd Line

Thunder Hawk is a splendid one to beholdThunder Hawk is a splendid one to beholdThunder Hawk is a splendid one to beholdThunder Hawk is a splendid one to beholdThunder Hawk is a splendid one to beholdThunder Hawk is a splendid one to beholdThunder Hawk is a splendid one to behold

Elbow was down, not sure if Richards targeted the guy's head on purpose because Booth was skating so hunched over but you can't leave your feet when you hit.Things happen fast in the NHL with the speed of the game so it was hard to tell.
.....final verdict ; It was a borderline hit but seeing Richards leave his feet changed my opinion.I voted dirty
Old 10-26-2009, 12:32 AM
1st Line

Passionforhockey is a glorious beacon of lightPassionforhockey is a glorious beacon of lightPassionforhockey is a glorious beacon of lightPassionforhockey is a glorious beacon of lightPassionforhockey is a glorious beacon of light

clean, but hes gonna be suspended.
a player like richards doesnt hit with an intent to injure. its not his style of game.
Old 11-02-2009, 12:45 PM
Serving a Suspension

Canuck311 is absolutely hated by othersCanuck311 is absolutely hated by others

if equipment wasnt so hard .. mike richards would not have caused the damage that he caused.
Old 11-02-2009, 03:42 PM
SysOp

Thanked 2,786 Times in 1,361 Posts
AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canuck311 View Post
if equipment wasnt so hard .. mike richards would not have caused the damage that he caused.
Yah Don Cherry goes on about that all the time. The only part of hard equipment I used to wear was: helmet, cup, shin pads. Elbow and shoulder pads were always more of a cushion, but now they're rock hard. In this hit however, I believe it wasn't anything to do with the equipment - just sheer speed and momentum and the force that built up because of it. But still, something should be done about banning that rock hard equipment, especially with equipment that comes into contact with other players.

If someone could find a CHL email address for someone in an office there (and not just website feedback) I'd really like to rip into them about their hitting from behind rule. It's completely caused players to go into the corners with their heads down making them vulnerable to stuff like this. That rule needs to go (as does checking to the head - like when Fletcher's *shoulder* came into contact with a guy's head only because the guy was like 5" shorter, and they suspended Fletcher for it). And while they're at it get rid of the rule about taking off helmets before/while fighting. It's never been in the books before, and things have been *mostly* fine, especially considered the # of fights where helmets come off. All that rule does is cause players to rip open and break their hands (although the odd linesman taking a shot while jumping in to an on-going fight is always entertaining).
Old 11-02-2009, 04:18 PM
Serving a Suspension

Canuck311 is absolutely hated by othersCanuck311 is absolutely hated by others

[quote=AlphaDog;49813]Yah Don Cherry goes on about that all the time. The only part of hard equipment I used to wear was: helmet, cup, shin pads. Elbow and shoulder pads were always more of a cushion, but now they're rock hard. In this hit however, I believe it wasn't anything to do with the equipment - just sheer speed and momentum and the force that built up because of it. But still, something should be done about banning that rock hard equipment, especially with equipment that comes into contact with other players.

The hit had everything to do with it. if the equipment was the way it was in the early 90's or 80's ,Richards would have never ran into Booth as hard as he did in fear of hurting himself.
Old 11-05-2009, 12:35 PM
Team Captain

three dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond repute

In the O he would have been kicked out for the season
Old 11-05-2009, 02:17 PM
SysOp

Thanked 2,786 Times in 1,361 Posts
AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!

ps - I added a poll option. I haven't seen the hit in question.