Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum !  

Search:     Photos: 23,419    Downloads: 1,185,570   Msgs Posted: 121,022   Thread Views: 21,268,958   Online Now: 87
Go Back   Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum ! > NIAGARA ICEDOGS Fan Forums > Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News

Notices

Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News Discussions posted by the fans about the Niagara IceDogs - talk about games, players, fights, news, etc.

Old 12-02-2009, 01:25 AM
All Star

B-Rad has much to be proud ofB-Rad has much to be proud ofB-Rad has much to be proud ofB-Rad has much to be proud ofB-Rad has much to be proud ofB-Rad has much to be proud ofB-Rad has much to be proud ofB-Rad has much to be proud of
Default Some good news regarding the IceDogs

With two open roster spots, there should be room for Mr. Jamie Howard. I hear that he's tearing it up in Jr B or Jr C or wherever it is he's playing!!!!
Old 12-02-2009, 01:27 AM
1st Line

Passionforhockey is a glorious beacon of lightPassionforhockey is a glorious beacon of lightPassionforhockey is a glorious beacon of lightPassionforhockey is a glorious beacon of lightPassionforhockey is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-Rad View Post
With two open roster spots, there should be room for Mr. Jamie Howard. I hear that he's tearing it up in Jr B or Jr C or wherever it is he's playing!!!!
ive heard he was demoted from thorold to junior c...
Old 12-02-2009, 01:42 AM
3rd Line

jblayze is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Passionforhockey View Post
ive heard he was demoted from thorold to junior c...
incorrect my friend, he signed with grimsby jr c so he can play an extra year of jr hockey. (jr c's overager year is one year later than jr.b and jr. a) and he still plays with thorold. in fact, he is playing with the hawks tomorrow night.

the kid wants to play puck, for as long as he can and he made a smart decision signing with a thorold affilate team so he can have an extra year of play. id say that shows his commitment to the sport of hockey, and he want to play the game.

funny, i sometimes wonder.. has anyone on here had any experience playing junior hockey or knowing the business before they make fun of these kids who have to make decisions at such a young age? Hell I wish i could lace them up and play a game of jr c hockey right now, id rather be playing that when im 21 than mens league.

Its a lot of pressure on these kids and they want to do whats best for their career to play as long as they can.

good for howard, and they should give him a ring for a game or two, he could easily fill in for jason shaw or matt baldassarra for the odd night to mix things up.
Old 12-02-2009, 01:51 AM
3rd Line

jblayze is on a distinguished road

and at this point... why the hell not try something.... hell fight any heavyweight in the league, he scored a game winner last year.. hes got the size a lot of our guys dont have.. what do they have to loose if they even try him out for a game or two
Old 12-02-2009, 10:33 AM
1st Line

61jr is a splendid one to behold61jr is a splendid one to behold61jr is a splendid one to behold61jr is a splendid one to behold61jr is a splendid one to behold61jr is a splendid one to behold61jr is a splendid one to behold61jr is a splendid one to behold

Just for clarification, he couldn't go in the line-up over Jason Shaw or Matt Baldassara. He's an overager, so he would have to go in over Reggie, Marco or Moes.
Old 12-02-2009, 01:56 PM
2nd Line

Dog Party has a spectacular aura aboutDog Party has a spectacular aura aboutDog Party has a spectacular aura about

I liked the energy Howard gave the game while he was here.

Last edited by Dog Party; 12-02-2009 at 02:02 PM. Reason: took away unproven negative comment
Old 12-02-2009, 02:07 PM
SysOp

Thanked 2,784 Times in 1,360 Posts
AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!

AS much as I like what Howard brings to the game (I'm a big fan of scraps), it kind of boggles me that we're talking about replacing a team-leading scorer with someone who won't put up any numbers. If Howard comes back he needs to take the place of some 4th liner, not DeSousa.

We need to be focusing on how we're going to replace those points. He was 3rd on the team in points per game - that's the loss Brown needs to focus on getting back.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AlphaDog For This Useful Post:
Old 12-02-2009, 03:44 PM
Team Captain

three dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond repute

I think we will see Dylan Wood before Howard but with Chris and Jay leaving maybe the distraction is done and the rest of the team will begin to play better
Old 12-02-2009, 04:19 PM
2nd Line

Dog Party has a spectacular aura aboutDog Party has a spectacular aura aboutDog Party has a spectacular aura about

For now it frees up a spot for Maisonville, a guy who wants to play for the Dogs.
Old 12-02-2009, 04:24 PM
3rd Line

slats will become famous soon enough
Send a message via MSN to slats

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dog Party View Post
For now it frees up a spot for Maisonville, a guy who wants to play for the Dogs.
He's looked pretty good the last few games im my opinion. He's not afraid to hit anyone either.