Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum !  

Search:     Photos: 23,420    Downloads: 1,187,349   Msgs Posted: 121,079   Thread Views: 21,308,710   Online Now: 90
Go Back   Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum ! > NIAGARA ICEDOGS Fan Forums > Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News

Notices

Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News Discussions posted by the fans about the Niagara IceDogs - talk about games, players, fights, news, etc.

Old 02-17-2011, 11:08 PM
1st Line

BoneHead is well liked by the other membersBoneHead is well liked by the other membersBoneHead is well liked by the other membersBoneHead is well liked by the other membersBoneHead is well liked by the other membersBoneHead is well liked by the other membersBoneHead is well liked by the other membersBoneHead is well liked by the other membersBoneHead is well liked by the other membersBoneHead is well liked by the other membersBoneHead is well liked by the other members

I was very proud of Marty tonight. Way to stand up for the guys! I think Strome's unsportsmanlike was being called when he skated up behind the guy already going off. That was my take anyway. He should have just left it alone. I didn't think it was called from the sucker punch, but I could be wrong.
The Following User Says Thank You to BoneHead For This Useful Post:
Old 02-17-2011, 11:16 PM
3rd Line

Location: Section O Row C (I am the loud mouth usually yelling at the horrible officials)
Udog has much to be proud ofUdog has much to be proud ofUdog has much to be proud ofUdog has much to be proud ofUdog has much to be proud ofUdog has much to be proud ofUdog has much to be proud ofUdog has much to be proud ofUdog has much to be proud of
Send a message via ICQ to Udog

I saw the stick on Dougie...it should have been a penalty and Hamilton didn't embellish anything. What you guys didn't notice was both refs put their arms up and yet that call never made it to the board...it just disappeared. This is beyond incompetent...these two refs didn't know any call from you know what...BRRRRRRUUUUTAL. These guys were, by far, the worst tandem I have ever seen in 4 years of hockey and should be ashamed of themselves. This would have been a phenominal game if anyone else had officiated this game.
Old 02-17-2011, 11:17 PM
1st Line

hockeyfan is a splendid one to beholdhockeyfan is a splendid one to beholdhockeyfan is a splendid one to beholdhockeyfan is a splendid one to beholdhockeyfan is a splendid one to beholdhockeyfan is a splendid one to beholdhockeyfan is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoneHead View Post
I was very proud of Marty tonight. Way to stand up for the guys! I think Strome's unsportsmanlike was being called when he skated up behind the guy already going off. That was my take anyway. He should have just left it alone. I didn't think it was called from the sucker punch, but I could be wrong.
Could be, I hadn't thought of that. I just presumed it was the embellishment. If it was the skating up behind, that seems even worse to call that and not the suckerpunch.
Old 02-17-2011, 11:20 PM
1st Line

hockeyfan is a splendid one to beholdhockeyfan is a splendid one to beholdhockeyfan is a splendid one to beholdhockeyfan is a splendid one to beholdhockeyfan is a splendid one to beholdhockeyfan is a splendid one to beholdhockeyfan is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Udog View Post
I saw the stick on Dougie...it should have been a penalty and Hamilton didn't embellish anything. What you guys didn't notice was both refs put their arms up and yet that call never made it to the board...it just disappeared.
Actually, the high stick was called, it was just cancelled out by the unsportsmanlike to Strome. The penalty that gave the power play to Owen Sound was the unsportsmanlike to Marty. In the end, two minors to Niagara and one to Owen Sound, so it's five on four.

Dougie Hamilton definitely got high sticked. It wasn't a dive (where you fall down without being touched), but on the other hand, most players don't drop to the ice and slide thirty feet when getting high sticked. I felt it was embellishment, meaning it happened but he played it up too dramatically. Not a dive, but embellishment.
Old 02-17-2011, 11:21 PM
3rd Line

dutchguy7 has a spectacular aura aboutdutchguy7 has a spectacular aura aboutdutchguy7 has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via MSN to dutchguy7 Send a message via Yahoo to dutchguy7

Very entertaining game despite the officiating, loved seeing Marty get angry which really got the team and the crowd going, too bad we couldn't make the comeback. This my first game since the home opener and I've missed alot! Loved the organ playing and would love to have heard more of it! One thing thing that I don't like is the new goal song they sometimes play, it ain't really a hockey type song if you ask me.
The Following User Says Thank You to dutchguy7 For This Useful Post:
Old 02-17-2011, 11:26 PM
3rd Line

pez3145 is a jewel in the roughpez3145 is a jewel in the roughpez3145 is a jewel in the roughpez3145 is a jewel in the rough

Marty "Cherry"

Too many striped shirts in this league hurts the hockey - but more entertaining than leafs at buffalo.
The Following User Says Thank You to pez3145 For This Useful Post:
Old 02-17-2011, 11:27 PM
3rd Line

slats will become famous soon enough
Send a message via MSN to slats

I like the fact that we finally have a coach with some balls. Way to go Marty
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to slats For This Useful Post:
Old 02-17-2011, 11:29 PM
3rd Line

shinney7 is a jewel in the roughshinney7 is a jewel in the roughshinney7 is a jewel in the roughshinney7 is a jewel in the rough

Parlette was and is BRUTAL...! We should have had a 2 man advantage with 6:30 to go but Nooooo!!!
If anything Hishon is gone for 4 and Strome gets 2....The whole crowd was left wondering what the hell
happened......Hopefully Bill brings his Referee jersey the next time Parlette is in town...
The Following User Says Thank You to shinney7 For This Useful Post:
Old 02-17-2011, 11:33 PM
2nd Line

DOGPILE has a reputation beyond reputeDOGPILE has a reputation beyond reputeDOGPILE has a reputation beyond reputeDOGPILE has a reputation beyond reputeDOGPILE has a reputation beyond reputeDOGPILE has a reputation beyond reputeDOGPILE has a reputation beyond reputeDOGPILE has a reputation beyond reputeDOGPILE has a reputation beyond reputeDOGPILE has a reputation beyond reputeDOGPILE has a reputation beyond repute

one of the other referee gaffs was when Doan was battling with Petgrave from behind the O.S. net until almost the blue line. Great battle .. Petgrave loses his balance and then the ref comes to the rescue and calls 2 minutes holding on Doan. Sigh.

No mention here of the really soft goal during the 2nd period - from the blueline - 5 hole routine stop goes through Visser ... Sigh

Many bouncing pucks that we just couldn't put our sticks onto !! Binnington played a very very solid game though !!

Archibald was A-
Rover and Schwindt were C- tonight - too many giveaways in the corners.
Gronvaldt with some givewaways.
Wigle and Jenkins were solid B .... for rookies.

We really missed Freisen tonight !!!

Zweip (from O.S.) was definitely a monster and manhandled Terrari ... he kept punching long after the linesmen stepped in - and that was ok I guess.

I thought that maybe VanRyan would take a Timeout after marty 'got the boot' - might have helped a little bit ???

No Tshirt giveaways / section giveaways - let's go promo Dept !!! Sigh - I miss the Dogpound !! (remember them?)
Old 02-17-2011, 11:49 PM
Team Captain

three dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond repute

Good game tonight despite the brutal reff Petgrave a goal and two assist tonight and getting away with a penalty in the third about five or seven minutes before he drew the call on Doan leading to the Hishom goal wish turned into the game winner . Vissser looked shakey tonight the difference was the powerplay three for six for Owen Sound just one for seven for the Icedogs .Good for Marty for getting passionate on the missed call on Hishom for the sucker punch 2,987 at the game not bad but i wish it would have been sold out but maybe the refs brutal calls are keeping the people away next game at Erie tom night time to bounce back
The Following User Says Thank You to three dog night For This Useful Post: