Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum !  

Search:     Photos: 23,389    Downloads: 1,093,391   Msgs Posted: 119,926   Thread Views: 20,555,554   Online Now: 77
Go Back   Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum ! > Other > Other Hockey: OHL, NHL, International

Notices

Other Hockey: OHL, NHL, International All posts related to any hockey that is NOT about the IceDogs.

Old 04-08-2018, 07:33 PM
Resident OHL Expert

Thanked 2,493 Times in 1,030 Posts
fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!

Niagara Falls to be illuminated in green and gold tonight in honour of the Broncos.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to fishfan51 For This Useful Post:
Old 04-08-2018, 08:43 PM
Big League

dogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond repute

The organization will be taking donations at tomorrows game.. last night Aircanuck and a few others wore green and gold arm bands to the game... just wondering if the same will be happenung tomorrow night.. i saw on facebook a mention of either wearing green or goung with the armbands.. any thoughts
The Following User Says Thank You to dogs77 For This Useful Post:
Old 04-08-2018, 09:56 PM
Team Captain

Thanked 1,501 Times in 824 Posts
strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotdog fan View Post
We can't donate our 50/50 money because the Falcons need it. But would be nice to at least get a thank you from that club. Nothing in 11years of 50/50 money.

I would guess that the falcons are doing quite well with their portion of the 50/50.

I really don’t understand why the icedogs need to subsidize that team.

I understand the Dogs came into their market and seriously dented their finances ... tough.

Many other teams donate the share of 50-50 to charitable organizations or youth hockey ... IMO it’s time to stop subsidizing the Falcons...

Not that that is going to happen any time soon

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to strohs For This Useful Post:
Old 04-08-2018, 10:17 PM
Serving a Suspension

Stinkyp3t3 has much to be proud ofStinkyp3t3 has much to be proud ofStinkyp3t3 has much to be proud ofStinkyp3t3 has much to be proud ofStinkyp3t3 has much to be proud ofStinkyp3t3 has much to be proud ofStinkyp3t3 has much to be proud ofStinkyp3t3 has much to be proud ofStinkyp3t3 has much to be proud of

I believe the Falcons are the ‘applicant’ according to the AGCO. Ice Dogs are fully removed from the 50/50 as it is tied into the ‘venue’
The ‘applicant’ would be inder very strict guideline from the AGCO as well as the use of the proceeds and are subject to yearly audits from the AGCO. Basically, gambling is illegal in the Province of Ontario.

The applicant must be a ‘charitable organization’ to receive the licence.

Ice Dogs are removed.
Old 04-09-2018, 07:42 AM
Resident OHL Expert

Thanked 2,493 Times in 1,030 Posts
fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!

If the proceeds from tonight’s 50/50 draw are not going to be sent to Humboldt like they did in Kingston yesterday. Then the money I would normally spend on 50/50 tickets will also be going into the donation box instead.

I encourage everyone to do the same. The Falcons can do without for one night.
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to fishfan51 For This Useful Post:
Old 04-09-2018, 08:53 PM
2nd Line

Aircanuck has a reputation beyond reputeAircanuck has a reputation beyond reputeAircanuck has a reputation beyond reputeAircanuck has a reputation beyond reputeAircanuck has a reputation beyond reputeAircanuck has a reputation beyond reputeAircanuck has a reputation beyond reputeAircanuck has a reputation beyond reputeAircanuck has a reputation beyond reputeAircanuck has a reputation beyond reputeAircanuck has a reputation beyond repute

I wish I could have been there tonight, but I am out flying again. I am very proud of both organizations for setting this up.
The missus sent me this, not sure my eyes would have stayed dry. This means EVERYTHING:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DaYbra1X...pg&name=medium
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Aircanuck For This Useful Post:
Old 04-09-2018, 10:08 PM
Big League

dogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aircanuck View Post
I wish I could have been there tonight, but I am out flying again. I am very proud of both organizations for setting this up.
The missus sent me this, not sure my eyes would have stayed dry. This means EVERYTHING:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DaYbra1X...pg&name=medium
Its these things that make me proud to be an icedogs fan
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to dogs77 For This Useful Post:
Old 04-09-2018, 11:10 PM
Team Captain

three dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond repute

Nice ceremony before the game still in shock over this.
The Following User Says Thank You to three dog night For This Useful Post:
Old 04-10-2018, 10:57 AM
1st Line

hotdog fan has a reputation beyond reputehotdog fan has a reputation beyond reputehotdog fan has a reputation beyond reputehotdog fan has a reputation beyond reputehotdog fan has a reputation beyond reputehotdog fan has a reputation beyond reputehotdog fan has a reputation beyond reputehotdog fan has a reputation beyond reputehotdog fan has a reputation beyond reputehotdog fan has a reputation beyond reputehotdog fan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by strohs View Post
I would guess that the falcons are doing quite well with their portion of the 50/50.

I really don’t understand why the icedogs need to subsidize that team.

I understand the Dogs came into their market and seriously dented their finances ... tough.

Many other teams donate the share of 50-50 to charitable organizations or youth hockey ... IMO it’s time to stop subsidizing the Falcons...

Not that that is going to happen any time soon

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Agree with you 100%. I stopped buying 50/50 tickets way back when we still at the Jack. The reason I stopped was that from the time we started playing at the Jack up until this present day playing at the Meridan Centre we have not seen 1 Falcon player there selling tickets or have not even heard of one thank you to the orginazation or the fans for helping the club out. I emailed the president of the Falcons about it and was told the guys are to busy with apperances and practices and games to be there to sell tickets. Well the Falcons are now done playing as we found out from the seller that sells in our area and when we asked if some of the guys would be there on Wed we got the dirtest look possible. There is no reason they can't have a few guys there on wed. So at the end of the day they no longer get my money for the 50/50 draw.
Old 04-10-2018, 11:46 AM
Big League

bulldog has a reputation beyond reputebulldog has a reputation beyond reputebulldog has a reputation beyond reputebulldog has a reputation beyond reputebulldog has a reputation beyond reputebulldog has a reputation beyond reputebulldog has a reputation beyond reputebulldog has a reputation beyond reputebulldog has a reputation beyond reputebulldog has a reputation beyond reputebulldog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotdog fan View Post
Agree with you 100%. I stopped buying 50/50 tickets way back when we still at the Jack. The reason I stopped was that from the time we started playing at the Jack up until this present day playing at the Meridan Centre we have not seen 1 Falcon player there selling tickets or have not even heard of one thank you to the orginazation or the fans for helping the club out. I emailed the president of the Falcons about it and was told the guys are to busy with apperances and practices and games to be there to sell tickets. Well the Falcons are now done playing as we found out from the seller that sells in our area and when we asked if some of the guys would be there on Wed we got the dirtest look possible. There is no reason they can't have a few guys there on wed. So at the end of the day they no longer get my money for the 50/50 draw.
Add to your post the fact that the Falcons will not take our young players to help develop them. The Thorold team does, let them run the 50/50. I mentioned this to Bill Burke but I think he thought I was kidding.