Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum !  

Search:     Photos: 23,096    Downloads: 817,734   Msgs Posted: 109,528   Thread Views: 16,035,650   Online Now: 67
Go Back   Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum ! > NIAGARA ICEDOGS Fan Forums > Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News

Notices

Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News Discussions posted by the fans about the Niagara IceDogs - talk about games, players, fights, news, etc.

View Poll Results: Who will take the Western Conference in 2017-18?
Erie Otters 0 0%
Flint Firebirds 0 0%
Guelph Storm 0 0%
Kitchener Rangers 1 4.55%
London Knights 5 22.73%
Owen Sound Attack 10 45.45%
Saginaw Spirit 0 0%
Sarnia Sting 1 4.55%
Sault Ste. Marie Greyhounds 3 13.64%
Windsor Spitfires 0 0%
Don't know 2 9.09%
Voters: 22. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-11-2017, 10:44 AM
4th Line

modaymorninggm is a jewel in the roughmodaymorninggm is a jewel in the roughmodaymorninggm is a jewel in the rough

Not surprising. What about our high end American picks. I thought that is why the Burke's hired MacLeod as the head scout. He was supposed to be a super recruiter.
Old 09-11-2017, 11:24 AM
Top Prospect

Thanked 1,410 Times in 649 Posts
Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!

When the high-end elite american players set-up their backdoor short-list of OHL team they will play for at 1, it really doesn’t matter how much effort you put into recruiting.

It is pretty obvious you need a lot more than the ability to recruit, to get a player to leave a full D1 scholarship to a prestigious NCAA hockey program like Michigan.

One (and David Branch) has to ask themselves, why would the London Knights “waste” a 4th round pick on a player who made it very clear….

“Tons of teams were calling seeing if I’d be interested in the OHL route. I told the teams I wanted to play college.”

“I knew pretty quickly I wanted to go to Michigan.”

“The history alone at Michigan speaks for itself. There’s no place like it. I’ve always valued academics highly and I realize that there is life after hockey and to graduate from Michigan sets me up in a good spot for life after hockey.”

I HATE THE LONDON KNIGHTS!

Last edited by Blacksox; 09-11-2017 at 11:40 AM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Blacksox For This Useful Post:
Old 09-11-2017, 12:54 PM
1st Line

Chipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond repute

I'm sure the London Knights made it worth his while to change his mind..heads.
Old 09-11-2017, 09:12 PM
Top Prospect

Stinkyp3t3 is a splendid one to beholdStinkyp3t3 is a splendid one to beholdStinkyp3t3 is a splendid one to beholdStinkyp3t3 is a splendid one to beholdStinkyp3t3 is a splendid one to beholdStinkyp3t3 is a splendid one to beholdStinkyp3t3 is a splendid one to behold

Old news, but, Love it. More to come.
Old 09-12-2017, 07:37 AM
Top Prospect

retired/sectionJ has a reputation beyond reputeretired/sectionJ has a reputation beyond reputeretired/sectionJ has a reputation beyond reputeretired/sectionJ has a reputation beyond reputeretired/sectionJ has a reputation beyond reputeretired/sectionJ has a reputation beyond reputeretired/sectionJ has a reputation beyond reputeretired/sectionJ has a reputation beyond reputeretired/sectionJ has a reputation beyond reputeretired/sectionJ has a reputation beyond reputeretired/sectionJ has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stinkyp3t3 View Post
Old news, but, Love it. More to come.
Yes, unfortunately, accepting the things we cannot change, the hits keep on coming LOL
The Following User Says Thank You to retired/sectionJ For This Useful Post:
Old 09-12-2017, 03:45 PM

Thanked 1,926 Times in 1,074 Posts
NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blacksox View Post
Alec Regula, an elite prospect who has emerged out of Michigan HS hockey, is one of the hottest names in youth hockey right now – and has committed to college hockey powerhouse University of Michigan.

In 2016, he was selected in the fourth round by the London Knights, despite informing their scouting staff that he had his heart set on college hockey.

“Tons of teams were calling seeing if I’d be interested in the OHL route. I told the teams I wanted to play college, but London decided to take me.” Soon after the OHL Draft he would be taken in the USHL Draft by the Chicago Steel in the 2nd round.

“After Chicago Steel camp, teams were reaching out but I knew pretty quickly I wanted to go to Michigan.” Soon after the camp he decided to make it official and committed to Michigan.

“The history alone at Michigan speaks for itself. There’s no place like it. I’ve always valued academics highly and I realize that there is life after hockey and to graduate from Michigan sets me up in a good spot for life after hockey.”

With that all being said, do you want to guess what Alec Regula decided to do this week ?
There are 20 teams in the OHL and only one that regularly pulls a rabbit out of their golden helmet. That said, there should be 19 owners insisting on an entry declaration. If a player has no interest in playing in the OHL, he doesn't declare and can't be drafted by any team; yet if he is considering one team, then every other team gets a crack convincing him to come their way versus wasting a pick on a player who is not interested.

All that is necessary for evil to prosper is for good men to do nothing.
Old 09-12-2017, 05:05 PM
Top Prospect

Thanked 1,410 Times in 649 Posts
Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiceDawg View Post
There are 20 teams in the OHL and only one that regularly pulls a rabbit out of their golden helmet. That said, there should be 19 owners insisting on an entry declaration. If a player has no interest in playing in the OHL, he doesn't declare and can't be drafted by any team; yet if he is considering one team, then every other team gets a crack convincing him to come their way versus wasting a pick on a player who is not interested.

All that is necessary for evil to prosper is for good men to do nothing.
Exactly!

The London Knights are making a mockery of the OHL and Import “draft”.

Just when you start feeling good about the direction and the drafting of the Ice Dogs – you read another story “about an American player who told OHL teams he was not interested – only to end up signing with London”.

And Stinkman is right – more to come! Watch for…
Brady Tkachuck: Knights 2015 draft Rd #4 - Projected to be a top 3 pick in the NHL.
Adam Boqvist: Knights 2017 Import draft Rd.2 #109 overall - Projected to be a top 6 pick in the NHL.

It is so unfair! How can anyone fairly compete against a team that is getting those types of players in the lower rounds!
The Following User Says Thank You to Blacksox For This Useful Post:
Old 09-12-2017, 05:28 PM
4th Line

pg007 is absolutely hated by otherspg007 is absolutely hated by others

simply you cant compete
Old 09-12-2017, 07:26 PM

Thanked 1,926 Times in 1,074 Posts
NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pg007 View Post
simply you cant compete
The OHL board of governors are the 20 team owners. Blame the Empire of Evil, yes of course please do. But while you have your blame hat on, you have to apportion a fair share to the guys and gals who sit on their hands and do nothing.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to NiceDawg For This Useful Post:
Old 09-24-2017, 09:14 PM
Big League

Thanked 1,135 Times in 628 Posts
strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blacksox View Post
Alec Regula, an elite prospect who has emerged out of Michigan HS hockey, is one of the hottest names in youth hockey right now – and has committed to college hockey powerhouse University of Michigan.

In 2016, he was selected in the fourth round by the London Knights, despite informing their scouting staff that he had his heart set on college hockey.

“Tons of teams were calling seeing if I’d be interested in the OHL route. I told the teams I wanted to play college, but London decided to take me.” Soon after the OHL Draft he would be taken in the USHL Draft by the Chicago Steel in the 2nd round.

“After Chicago Steel camp, teams were reaching out but I knew pretty quickly I wanted to go to Michigan.” Soon after the camp he decided to make it official and committed to Michigan.

With that all being said, do you want to guess what Alec Regula decided to do this week ?

What a joke ...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk