Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum !  

Search:     Photos: 23,153    Downloads: 831,119   Msgs Posted: 111,239   Thread Views: 16,611,461   Online Now: 59
Go Back   Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum ! > NIAGARA ICEDOGS Fan Forums > Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News

Notices

Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News Discussions posted by the fans about the Niagara IceDogs - talk about games, players, fights, news, etc.

Old 09-29-2017, 08:01 PM
Top Prospect

Thanked 1,519 Times in 707 Posts
Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiceDawg View Post
Lochead's best *offensive season* was as a forward. We had no problem scoring goals last game, but we did allow lots of shots in the defensive end and couldn't clear the zone. To me that screams "bolster the back end", lets see where Willy plays tonight - but I will bet you a nickel both Constantinou and Lochead are blueliners.
You owe me a nickel. Get used to Billy being a healthy scratch.
Old 09-29-2017, 11:20 PM
Team Captain

Thanked 1,189 Times in 658 Posts
strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!

4-1 win.

Impressive win.

My takeaways:
1 - wow this team can skate ...
2 - Dhillon looks solid ... still can’t fathom why an NHL team didn’t waste at least a 7th rounder on him ... I mean Petteri Simila (who) was a bloody seventh rounder ...
3 - Roberts can skate !
4 - PP needs some work
5 - it was LOUD tonight
6 - love the zebra uni’s on the concession staff...
7 - Erie lost 207 goals from last year ... OUCH
8 - Machala was skating very well ... would love to see him drive the net more
9 - great job on the PK tonight
10 - this could be a fun team to watch this year if they are going to skate like THAT all season, and
11 - fan in my row with a Castleman jersey left awfully early tonight ... *wink*

68-0

Lol

GDG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to strohs For This Useful Post:
Old 09-30-2017, 10:08 AM

Thanked 2,070 Times in 1,153 Posts
NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blacksox View Post
You owe me a nickel. Get used to Billy being a healthy scratch.
Absolutely, pay you tonight or shall we run a tab? I was at least right about Lochead on defense - I think Edwardson is still seeing birdies after that one Willy freight train that ran into him.
Old 09-30-2017, 11:33 AM

NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!

I noticed Roberts last night, his gas tank never ran dry despite some lengthy shifts. He displayed a bunch of fancy edge-work on his skates that left his opponents wondering where he (and the puck) went. Soft hands, a good shot and a strong physical game. He is a definite winning addition to our team and someone in the Rangers club should be giving their head a shake.

I also noticed some guy in my row was winking at me.
The Following User Says Thank You to NiceDawg For This Useful Post:
Old 09-30-2017, 11:54 AM
Top Prospect

dogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiceDawg View Post
I noticed Roberts last night, his gas tank never ran dry despite some lengthy shifts. He displayed a bunch of fancy edge-work on his skates that left his opponents wondering where he (and the puck) went. Soft hands, a good shot and a strong physical game. He is a definite winning addition to our team and someone in the Rangers club should be giving their head a shake.

I also noticed some guy in my row was winking at me.
And in all.that razzle dazzle he has also had a handful.of bad turnovers already just 2 games into the season
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to dogs77 For This Useful Post:
Old 09-30-2017, 01:13 PM
Top Prospect

Thanked 1,519 Times in 707 Posts
Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogs77 View Post
And in all.that razzle dazzle he has also had a handful.of bad turnovers already just 2 games into the season
I can safely say with 100% certainty, everyone on the team has had a few bad turnovers already! Robert, like the rest of the team, got better and better as the game went on. He is a dynamic skater and playmaker! The Ice Dogs management did a great job acquiring a player who can be a game changer.
Old 09-30-2017, 01:19 PM
Big League

retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!

When Roberts is the last man back on the point in the opposition end, he scares the daylights out of me much like Vince Dunn did when he was here with turnovers which would turn in to break-a-ways for the other team.
Time will tell but, he sure does move the puck well, much like Dunn did.
The Following User Says Thank You to retired/sectionJ For This Useful Post:
Old 09-30-2017, 01:23 PM

Dunn was never as dynamic a skater. With Roberts, you have no idea where he will move to next and maybe he doesn't either but he is fluid like JHS. I agree he has to watch the backdoor a bit better.
Old 09-30-2017, 01:37 PM
Top Prospect

dogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond repute

I just think a little less would be a little more
The Following User Says Thank You to dogs77 For This Useful Post:
Old 09-30-2017, 03:04 PM
1st Line

Dogs Enthusiast 104 is well liked by the other membersDogs Enthusiast 104 is well liked by the other membersDogs Enthusiast 104 is well liked by the other membersDogs Enthusiast 104 is well liked by the other membersDogs Enthusiast 104 is well liked by the other membersDogs Enthusiast 104 is well liked by the other membersDogs Enthusiast 104 is well liked by the other membersDogs Enthusiast 104 is well liked by the other membersDogs Enthusiast 104 is well liked by the other membersDogs Enthusiast 104 is well liked by the other membersDogs Enthusiast 104 is well liked by the other members

Roberts was the biggest surprise for me last night too. Man, if he can play like that all season we just might win our division.