Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum !  

Search:     Photos: 23,097    Downloads: 817,811   Msgs Posted: 109,550   Thread Views: 16,050,960   Online Now: 79
Go Back   Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum ! > NIAGARA ICEDOGS Fan Forums > Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News

Notices

Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News Discussions posted by the fans about the Niagara IceDogs - talk about games, players, fights, news, etc.

Old 10-09-2017, 10:43 AM
Top Prospect

retired/sectionJ has a reputation beyond reputeretired/sectionJ has a reputation beyond reputeretired/sectionJ has a reputation beyond reputeretired/sectionJ has a reputation beyond reputeretired/sectionJ has a reputation beyond reputeretired/sectionJ has a reputation beyond reputeretired/sectionJ has a reputation beyond reputeretired/sectionJ has a reputation beyond reputeretired/sectionJ has a reputation beyond reputeretired/sectionJ has a reputation beyond reputeretired/sectionJ has a reputation beyond repute
Default Ottawa 67's playing Gatineau Olympiques and the points count

Being as our team is doing very well, since the beginning of the season; and the fact that we have nothing much going on until next weekend, I am thinking, we might create a different line on talk.

I am not sure if this has happened before but this has stirred my curiosity a little bit

Ottawa will play Gatineau of the Quebec League in a home and home inter-league series; with the resulting points counting in both league standings.

With Mississauga and Hamilton having leases expiring at the end of this season, should we read something in to this?

Or, would Gatineau be interested the OHL. There is a lot of travelling in the "Q".

Your thoughts please.
Old 10-09-2017, 10:47 AM

Thanked 1,928 Times in 1,075 Posts
NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!

I can easily see ripe markets adding the condition of OHL membership versus Q or even US. I wondered why Gatineau kept showing up on the OHL stats sheet.
Old 10-09-2017, 11:53 AM
Top Prospect

retired/sectionJ has a reputation beyond reputeretired/sectionJ has a reputation beyond reputeretired/sectionJ has a reputation beyond reputeretired/sectionJ has a reputation beyond reputeretired/sectionJ has a reputation beyond reputeretired/sectionJ has a reputation beyond reputeretired/sectionJ has a reputation beyond reputeretired/sectionJ has a reputation beyond reputeretired/sectionJ has a reputation beyond reputeretired/sectionJ has a reputation beyond reputeretired/sectionJ has a reputation beyond repute

I am wondering if any members might have any thoughts on this.
Old 10-10-2017, 06:51 PM
Resident OHL Expert

Thanked 2,009 Times in 836 Posts
fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by retired/sectionJ View Post
I am wondering if any members might have any thoughts on this.
There used to be inter-league games throughout both leagues (Not the WHL) but more often than not, it turned into a fight-fest. Which is why the leagues ended it.... Iím assuming.
Old 10-10-2017, 07:01 PM
Top Prospect

Stinkyp3t3 is a splendid one to beholdStinkyp3t3 is a splendid one to beholdStinkyp3t3 is a splendid one to beholdStinkyp3t3 is a splendid one to beholdStinkyp3t3 is a splendid one to beholdStinkyp3t3 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishfan51 View Post
There used to be inter-league games throughout both leagues (Not the WHL) but more often than not, it turned into a fight-fest. Which is why the leagues ended it.... Iím assuming.
It has my full support if so.
The Following User Says Thank You to Stinkyp3t3 For This Useful Post:
Old 10-11-2017, 12:29 AM
Big League

dogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond repute

I seem to recall reading there was huge debate back in the day whether the Ottawa 67s would be placed in the Q or the Ontario League. There had been previous Ottawa teams that had played in the Quebec Senior League. So it's not unheard of. Older fans than me can tell you of the fierce fight that was Marcel Dionne's decision to play junior in St. Catharines rather than Hull, Quebec.
I think inter-league games would be really interesting
Old 10-11-2017, 01:40 PM
2nd Line

Thunder Hawk is a name known to allThunder Hawk is a name known to allThunder Hawk is a name known to allThunder Hawk is a name known to allThunder Hawk is a name known to allThunder Hawk is a name known to all

Cornwall Ontario junior team did well in the Quebec league but didn't get the same fan support in the OHL.
Old 10-12-2017, 11:16 AM

NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!

I have always looked at the Youngstown Phantoms (Ohio USHL) as a potential expansion market. They are outliers in either league but with the National Development Team as their closest neighbour, it can't be much fun.
Old 10-12-2017, 12:11 PM
Top Prospect

I would prefer that the OHL explore every Ontario possibility before crossing to border again.
Just my 2 cents worth again.
The Following User Says Thank You to retired/sectionJ For This Useful Post:
Old 10-12-2017, 12:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by retired/sectionJ View Post
I would prefer that the OHL explore every Ontario possibility before crossing to border again.
Just my 2 cents worth again.
Given the abolition of the penny, you have to give three cents worth and round up to a nickel.

Looking at the attendance figures for smaller markets, if you don't have a population base north of 150,000 you are probably not going to stay profitable in the next ten years. The population centres in Ontario (here) read like a who's who of the OHL. Yet prime markets around Toronto continue to be left empty. I see Buffalo as a prime choice and York Region.