Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum !  

Search:     Photos: 23,365    Downloads: 1,056,788   Msgs Posted: 119,082   Thread Views: 20,140,102   Online Now: 93
Go Back   Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum ! > NIAGARA ICEDOGS Fan Forums > Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News

Notices

Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News Discussions posted by the fans about the Niagara IceDogs - talk about games, players, fights, news, etc.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #21  
Old 11-07-2008, 04:16 PM
bulldog bulldog is offline
Big League
 

Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Sec. 101 rowA seat 4/5
Posts: 1,904
Thanks: 560
Thanked 744 Times in 434 Posts
bulldog has a reputation beyond reputebulldog has a reputation beyond reputebulldog has a reputation beyond reputebulldog has a reputation beyond reputebulldog has a reputation beyond reputebulldog has a reputation beyond reputebulldog has a reputation beyond reputebulldog has a reputation beyond reputebulldog has a reputation beyond reputebulldog has a reputation beyond reputebulldog has a reputation beyond repute
Default

Not comparing the two but anyone ever heard of a D man named Orr ?
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 11-07-2008, 04:36 PM
Alpha 1 Alpha 1 is offline
3rd Line
 

Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 197
Thanks: 3
Thanked 33 Times in 12 Posts
Alpha 1 is a jewel in the roughAlpha 1 is a jewel in the roughAlpha 1 is a jewel in the roughAlpha 1 is a jewel in the rough
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulldog View Post
Not comparing the two but anyone ever heard of a D man named Orr ?
You have got to be kidding me. You throw out Orr's name in this thread. Please! One, totally different era of hockey. Secondly, talent level not even close. If you're going to throw a name out there, maybe one a little more plausible (heck I could have lived with maybe Kaberle.

As for Schiestel coming back next year, news flash not happening.

I don't think anyone would care if Buffalo adopted a no draft Icedog policy. Last time I checked there were more than one team in the NHL. In fact, I will garner a bet, that Buffalo in a few years makes this move with Drew. He is not, an NHL Dman, PERIOD. Heck, he would be a borderline AHL Dman. Too many glaring defensive miscues. His offense is off the chart.
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 11-07-2008, 10:09 PM
bulldog bulldog is offline
Big League
 

Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Sec. 101 rowA seat 4/5
Posts: 1,904
Thanks: 560
Thanked 744 Times in 434 Posts
bulldog has a reputation beyond reputebulldog has a reputation beyond reputebulldog has a reputation beyond reputebulldog has a reputation beyond reputebulldog has a reputation beyond reputebulldog has a reputation beyond reputebulldog has a reputation beyond reputebulldog has a reputation beyond reputebulldog has a reputation beyond reputebulldog has a reputation beyond reputebulldog has a reputation beyond repute
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpha 1 View Post
You have got to be kidding me. You throw out Orr's name in this thread. Please! One, totally different era of hockey. Secondly, talent level not even close. If you're going to throw a name out there, maybe one a little more plausible (heck I could have lived with maybe Kaberle.

As for Schiestel coming back next year, news flash not happening.

I don't think anyone would care if Buffalo adopted a no draft Icedog policy. Last time I checked there were more than one team in the NHL. In fact, I will garner a bet, that Buffalo in a few years makes this move with Drew. He is not, an NHL Dman, PERIOD. Heck, he would be a borderline AHL Dman. Too many glaring defensive miscues. His offense is off the chart.
Ease up, the main thing you and others are saying is that Drew is too good at offence.all I am saying is Orr was pretty good at offence too
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 11-07-2008, 10:21 PM
Passionforhockey's Avatar
Passionforhockey Passionforhockey is offline
1st Line
 

Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: st. catharines
Posts: 942
Thanks: 13
Thanked 30 Times in 20 Posts
Passionforhockey is a glorious beacon of lightPassionforhockey is a glorious beacon of lightPassionforhockey is a glorious beacon of lightPassionforhockey is a glorious beacon of lightPassionforhockey is a glorious beacon of light
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulldog View Post
Ease up, the main thing you and others are saying is that Drew is too good at offence.all I am saying is Orr was pretty good at offence too
even connecting the two is silly.
i was good at offence back when I played D. that doesnt mean I was bobby orr.
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 11-07-2008, 10:24 PM
bulldog bulldog is offline
Big League
 

Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Sec. 101 rowA seat 4/5
Posts: 1,904
Thanks: 560
Thanked 744 Times in 434 Posts
bulldog has a reputation beyond reputebulldog has a reputation beyond reputebulldog has a reputation beyond reputebulldog has a reputation beyond reputebulldog has a reputation beyond reputebulldog has a reputation beyond reputebulldog has a reputation beyond reputebulldog has a reputation beyond reputebulldog has a reputation beyond reputebulldog has a reputation beyond reputebulldog has a reputation beyond repute
Default

No what is silly is the few of you on this site that broil anyone who dosn't agree with the clique.
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 11-07-2008, 10:25 PM
Passionforhockey's Avatar
Passionforhockey Passionforhockey is offline
1st Line
 

Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: st. catharines
Posts: 942
Thanks: 13
Thanked 30 Times in 20 Posts
Passionforhockey is a glorious beacon of lightPassionforhockey is a glorious beacon of lightPassionforhockey is a glorious beacon of lightPassionforhockey is a glorious beacon of lightPassionforhockey is a glorious beacon of light
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulldog View Post
No what is silly is the few of you on this site that broil anyone who dosn't agree with the clique.
"clique"?

wow. so defensive.

all we are saying is that to throw out orr's name there is silly....
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 11-07-2008, 10:45 PM
MadMann's Avatar
MadMann MadMann is offline
1st Line
 

Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Section N row C Seat 15
Posts: 769
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
MadMann has a spectacular aura aboutMadMann has a spectacular aura aboutMadMann has a spectacular aura about
Default

Im thinking whom ever said that drew was our biggest offensive threat was silly. lol I think it was on the first page of this thread. He has some nice moves for sure, but untill he harnesses that and scores some goals on a rush he isnt an offensive threat on a level even comparable to a couple of our forwards. A good offensive D man is a good comodity to have so moving him to a forward position would be a poor choice.
__________________

Proud Member of the Scott Fletcher Fan Club!
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 11-07-2008, 11:21 PM
Cold Pooch's Avatar
Cold Pooch Cold Pooch is offline
2nd Line
 

Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 291
Thanks: 5
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Cold Pooch has a spectacular aura aboutCold Pooch has a spectacular aura aboutCold Pooch has a spectacular aura about
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadMann View Post
Im thinking whom ever said that drew was our biggest offensive threat was silly. lol I think it was on the first page of this thread. He has some nice moves for sure, but untill he harnesses that and scores some goals on a rush he isnt an offensive threat on a level even comparable to a couple of our forwards. A good offensive D man is a good comodity to have so moving him to a forward position would be a poor choice.
Now your being silly, look at who is leading the team in points.

I would say that at this moment and that should change because a D man should never lead his team in points, is the teams biggest Offensive threat.
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 11-08-2008, 02:57 PM
Alpha 1 Alpha 1 is offline
3rd Line
 

Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 197
Thanks: 3
Thanked 33 Times in 12 Posts
Alpha 1 is a jewel in the roughAlpha 1 is a jewel in the roughAlpha 1 is a jewel in the roughAlpha 1 is a jewel in the rough
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadMann View Post
Im thinking whom ever said that drew was our biggest offensive threat was silly. lol I think it was on the first page of this thread. He has some nice moves for sure, but untill he harnesses that and scores some goals on a rush he isnt an offensive threat on a level even comparable to a couple of our forwards. A good offensive D man is a good comodity to have so moving him to a forward position would be a poor choice.
I think you missed the total point of my point.
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 11-09-2008, 11:52 AM
RioBravo's Avatar
RioBravo RioBravo is offline
All Star
 

Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Welland
Posts: 1,551
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
RioBravo is just really niceRioBravo is just really niceRioBravo is just really niceRioBravo is just really niceRioBravo is just really nice
Default

We have one of the best puck moving/offensive D-Men in the league. Sure he makes some poor defensive choices back there but generally that's why you would put him out there with a more defensively sound partner out there. To say he will NEVER make the NHL is a pretty blunt statement. This guy still has years of developing at the professional level and the coaches up there can still turn him around in terms of tuning the play at his own end.
__________________

Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:34 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
(c) IceDogFans.com, 2007-2015