Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum !  

Search:     Photos: 23,365    Downloads: 1,056,788   Msgs Posted: 119,082   Thread Views: 20,140,102   Online Now: 93
Go Back   Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum ! > NIAGARA ICEDOGS Fan Forums > Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News

Notices

Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News Discussions posted by the fans about the Niagara IceDogs - talk about games, players, fights, news, etc.

Old 11-07-2008, 04:16 PM
Big League

bulldog has a reputation beyond reputebulldog has a reputation beyond reputebulldog has a reputation beyond reputebulldog has a reputation beyond reputebulldog has a reputation beyond reputebulldog has a reputation beyond reputebulldog has a reputation beyond reputebulldog has a reputation beyond reputebulldog has a reputation beyond reputebulldog has a reputation beyond reputebulldog has a reputation beyond repute

Not comparing the two but anyone ever heard of a D man named Orr ?
Old 11-07-2008, 04:36 PM
3rd Line

Alpha 1 is a jewel in the roughAlpha 1 is a jewel in the roughAlpha 1 is a jewel in the roughAlpha 1 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulldog View Post
Not comparing the two but anyone ever heard of a D man named Orr ?
You have got to be kidding me. You throw out Orr's name in this thread. Please! One, totally different era of hockey. Secondly, talent level not even close. If you're going to throw a name out there, maybe one a little more plausible (heck I could have lived with maybe Kaberle.

As for Schiestel coming back next year, news flash not happening.

I don't think anyone would care if Buffalo adopted a no draft Icedog policy. Last time I checked there were more than one team in the NHL. In fact, I will garner a bet, that Buffalo in a few years makes this move with Drew. He is not, an NHL Dman, PERIOD. Heck, he would be a borderline AHL Dman. Too many glaring defensive miscues. His offense is off the chart.
Old 11-07-2008, 10:09 PM
Big League

bulldog has a reputation beyond reputebulldog has a reputation beyond reputebulldog has a reputation beyond reputebulldog has a reputation beyond reputebulldog has a reputation beyond reputebulldog has a reputation beyond reputebulldog has a reputation beyond reputebulldog has a reputation beyond reputebulldog has a reputation beyond reputebulldog has a reputation beyond reputebulldog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpha 1 View Post
You have got to be kidding me. You throw out Orr's name in this thread. Please! One, totally different era of hockey. Secondly, talent level not even close. If you're going to throw a name out there, maybe one a little more plausible (heck I could have lived with maybe Kaberle.

As for Schiestel coming back next year, news flash not happening.

I don't think anyone would care if Buffalo adopted a no draft Icedog policy. Last time I checked there were more than one team in the NHL. In fact, I will garner a bet, that Buffalo in a few years makes this move with Drew. He is not, an NHL Dman, PERIOD. Heck, he would be a borderline AHL Dman. Too many glaring defensive miscues. His offense is off the chart.
Ease up, the main thing you and others are saying is that Drew is too good at offence.all I am saying is Orr was pretty good at offence too
Old 11-07-2008, 10:21 PM
1st Line

Passionforhockey is a glorious beacon of lightPassionforhockey is a glorious beacon of lightPassionforhockey is a glorious beacon of lightPassionforhockey is a glorious beacon of lightPassionforhockey is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Ease up, the main thing you and others are saying is that Drew is too good at offence.all I am saying is Orr was pretty good at offence too
even connecting the two is silly.
i was good at offence back when I played D. that doesnt mean I was bobby orr.
Old 11-07-2008, 10:24 PM
Big League

No what is silly is the few of you on this site that broil anyone who dosn't agree with the clique.
Old 11-07-2008, 10:25 PM
1st Line

Passionforhockey is a glorious beacon of lightPassionforhockey is a glorious beacon of lightPassionforhockey is a glorious beacon of lightPassionforhockey is a glorious beacon of lightPassionforhockey is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
No what is silly is the few of you on this site that broil anyone who dosn't agree with the clique.
"clique"?

wow. so defensive.

all we are saying is that to throw out orr's name there is silly....
Old 11-07-2008, 10:45 PM
1st Line

MadMann has a spectacular aura aboutMadMann has a spectacular aura aboutMadMann has a spectacular aura about

Im thinking whom ever said that drew was our biggest offensive threat was silly. lol I think it was on the first page of this thread. He has some nice moves for sure, but untill he harnesses that and scores some goals on a rush he isnt an offensive threat on a level even comparable to a couple of our forwards. A good offensive D man is a good comodity to have so moving him to a forward position would be a poor choice.

Proud Member of the Scott Fletcher Fan Club!
Old 11-07-2008, 11:21 PM
2nd Line

Cold Pooch has a spectacular aura aboutCold Pooch has a spectacular aura aboutCold Pooch has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadMann View Post
Im thinking whom ever said that drew was our biggest offensive threat was silly. lol I think it was on the first page of this thread. He has some nice moves for sure, but untill he harnesses that and scores some goals on a rush he isnt an offensive threat on a level even comparable to a couple of our forwards. A good offensive D man is a good comodity to have so moving him to a forward position would be a poor choice.
Now your being silly, look at who is leading the team in points.

I would say that at this moment and that should change because a D man should never lead his team in points, is the teams biggest Offensive threat.
Old 11-08-2008, 02:57 PM
3rd Line

Alpha 1 is a jewel in the roughAlpha 1 is a jewel in the roughAlpha 1 is a jewel in the roughAlpha 1 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadMann View Post
I think you missed the total point of my point.
Old 11-09-2008, 11:52 AM
All Star

RioBravo is just really niceRioBravo is just really niceRioBravo is just really niceRioBravo is just really niceRioBravo is just really nice

We have one of the best puck moving/offensive D-Men in the league. Sure he makes some poor defensive choices back there but generally that's why you would put him out there with a more defensively sound partner out there. To say he will NEVER make the NHL is a pretty blunt statement. This guy still has years of developing at the professional level and the coaches up there can still turn him around in terms of tuning the play at his own end.