Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum !  

Search:     Photos: 23,423    Downloads: 1,188,741   Msgs Posted: 121,119   Thread Views: 21,334,178   Online Now: 85
Go Back   Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum ! > General Chit Chat - Sports or Niagara related

Notices

General Chit Chat - Sports or Niagara related General sports talk or any discussions about topics within the Niagara Region

Old 12-17-2013, 11:35 PM
1st Line

123 G! has a reputation beyond repute123 G! has a reputation beyond repute123 G! has a reputation beyond repute123 G! has a reputation beyond repute123 G! has a reputation beyond repute123 G! has a reputation beyond repute123 G! has a reputation beyond repute123 G! has a reputation beyond repute123 G! has a reputation beyond repute123 G! has a reputation beyond repute123 G! has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaDog View Post
I've already got more than I can wear

Wish the Dogs would come out with some more products - and be able to shop online Mousepads, pens/pencils, coffee mugs with collages of players on them, and other 'non-clothing' stuff.
You should suggest that to the front office staff, Alpha.
Old 12-18-2013, 09:44 AM
3rd Line

g_squad has much to be proud ofg_squad has much to be proud ofg_squad has much to be proud ofg_squad has much to be proud ofg_squad has much to be proud ofg_squad has much to be proud ofg_squad has much to be proud ofg_squad has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogged74 View Post
I'm trying to decide what number to adorn my new Dogs sweater with.. 18 STROME, 11 PERLINI, Hmm, what to get?.. What do you think?
Where do you get this done?
Old 12-18-2013, 10:44 AM
Big League

bulldog has a reputation beyond reputebulldog has a reputation beyond reputebulldog has a reputation beyond reputebulldog has a reputation beyond reputebulldog has a reputation beyond reputebulldog has a reputation beyond reputebulldog has a reputation beyond reputebulldog has a reputation beyond reputebulldog has a reputation beyond reputebulldog has a reputation beyond reputebulldog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by g_squad View Post
Where do you get this done?
Ice Dog office will get it done for you.
The Following User Says Thank You to bulldog For This Useful Post:
Old 07-30-2014, 11:06 PM
Big League

dogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond repute

I ended up getting 18 STROME with the 'C'. It's awesome.
Old 06-01-2015, 07:56 PM
Top Prospect

AuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to AuldBone

Quote:
Originally Posted by pup96 View Post
I so agree with that I mean the internets been around for a year or two it is probably going to catch on right?
I don't know... I mean the sound that the modems make when they connect to the BBSs... Kinda annoying... of course, I'm L33T and turned off the sound on my 300bps modem... lol, and no I won't tell you all how to do that stuff... lol

If these internets things do catch on, I bet there's really some money to be made off it... It could go on forever... lol
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AuldBone For This Useful Post:
Old 06-02-2015, 01:31 AM
Team Captain

Thanked 1,531 Times in 844 Posts
strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuldBone View Post
I don't know... I mean the sound that the modems make when they connect to the BBSs... Kinda annoying... of course, I'm L33T and turned off the sound on my 300bps modem... lol, and no I won't tell you all how to do that stuff... lol

If these internets things do catch on, I bet there's really some money to be made off it... It could go on forever... lol

I remember spending untold sums of money running a BBS back in the day when I was a teenager and going from having a 300 baud modem to a 2400 baud modem and I even upgraded to a 3.5 inch floppy drive. LMFAO. When I bought the 2400 baud I really wanted the 9600 baud which was like $1000 in 198x (can't remember year)...thankfully my father talked some sense into me lol

Ah the olden days HAHAHAHA

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to strohs For This Useful Post:
Old 06-02-2015, 10:04 AM
Top Prospect

pup96 has a reputation beyond reputepup96 has a reputation beyond reputepup96 has a reputation beyond reputepup96 has a reputation beyond reputepup96 has a reputation beyond reputepup96 has a reputation beyond reputepup96 has a reputation beyond reputepup96 has a reputation beyond reputepup96 has a reputation beyond reputepup96 has a reputation beyond reputepup96 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by strohs View Post
I remember spending untold sums of money running a BBS back in the day when I was a teenager and going from having a 300 baud modem to a 2400 baud modem and I even upgraded to a 3.5 inch floppy drive. LMFAO. When I bought the 2400 baud I really wanted the 9600 baud which was like $1000 in 198x (can't remember year)...thankfully my father talked some sense into me lol

Its amazing how far we have come just since I have been alive. We still have an old computer with Windows 95 on it (I am a 96) and it seems so ancient I can only imagine what it was like before the internet. Getting back on topic there is no reason why the Dogs shouldnt have everything for sale online in 2015.
Old 06-03-2015, 06:44 AM
SysOp

Thanked 2,786 Times in 1,361 Posts
AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by strohs View Post

I started on a 300 baud C64 Pocket Modem in '83. Started running a BBS off it. Then went 2400 -> 14.4k -> 28.8k -> 57.6

BBS ran for years off the C64, then I moved on to an Amiga and ran it off that (wrote my own BBS software for it too).

Thems were the days.

I remember 20 MEG hard drives being a grand when they first came out.
Old 06-03-2015, 12:17 PM
Top Prospect

AuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to AuldBone

Quote:
I started on a 300 baud C64 Pocket Modem in '83. Started running a BBS off it. Then went 2400 -> 14.4k -> 28.8k -> 57.6

BBS ran for years off the C64, then I moved on to an Amiga and ran it off that (wrote my own BBS software for it too).

Thems were the days.

And I also remember being told that 64MB of RAM was all we'd ever need... lol...

I started on a Vic20 > C64 > TRS CoCo3> C128> 286> 386> My First Pentium> And various other machines up to my gaming rig, and laptop... lol... And I think I hit every step of the modem staircase starting with the 300bps... lol...

God I miss those days... When you could play real games, the graphics were crap, but they were so playable and cool... Wasteland, Bards Tale, Autoduel, Poor of Radiance... lol Damn...
Old 06-03-2015, 04:01 PM

Thanked 2,775 Times in 1,517 Posts
NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:

Thems were the days.

Oh boy, my first was the CBM PET 2001 in the early 80s... It came complete with a tape drive for storing/retrieving programs and operated with a whopping 1K of internal memory (that was a thousand bytes doncha know). From there I went to the Vic20 and took a detour (yes I am ashamed) when I learned to program in Pascal and C, I had an Apple II+ with 48K and a 1M hard drive (I figured there was no way I would ever fill that sucker - it was a million of them thar bytes).

In the mid 80s I kept throwing money at IBM clones XT, 286, 386, Pentium then never looked back. I too went through the BBS experience but started later with a 1200 then 2400, 14.4, 28.8, 57.6K. I took the BBS portion down but later served as a Regional Coordinator in a thingy called FidoNet. It was really a precursor to email and allowed users to send messages either privately or publicly by topic in a form of relay up the chain and back down again to its destination. I got out of the BBS world and concentrated on that instead.

Ah the money I wasted...