Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum !  

Search:     Photos: 23,423    Downloads: 1,191,167   Msgs Posted: 121,200   Thread Views: 21,375,568   Online Now: 82
Go Back   Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum ! > General Chit Chat - Sports or Niagara related

Notices

General Chit Chat - Sports or Niagara related General sports talk or any discussions about topics within the Niagara Region

Old 04-17-2016, 12:43 AM
Team Captain

three dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond repute
Default New Arena in town

http://www.stcatharinesstandard.ca/2...ng-arena-build Read this in the Standard wonder if they build in Merriton or onc ampus how will they divide the dates if the Hawks and Falcons move in.
Old 04-17-2016, 10:52 AM
2nd Line

RobDog is a splendid one to beholdRobDog is a splendid one to beholdRobDog is a splendid one to beholdRobDog is a splendid one to beholdRobDog is a splendid one to beholdRobDog is a splendid one to beholdRobDog is a splendid one to behold

Good article on a series of "what if's " and "would be nice"

But wouldn't it make you wonder why "they" don't use the rink we just built? Meridian Centre?
The ice time rental is cheaper than Welland's Ice time rental.

But hey, more the merrier ! Hopefully we can get a facility that could be run without any municipality involvement... and watch it make money (insert dream sequence)
Old 04-17-2016, 10:58 AM
1st Line

123 G! has a reputation beyond repute123 G! has a reputation beyond repute123 G! has a reputation beyond repute123 G! has a reputation beyond repute123 G! has a reputation beyond repute123 G! has a reputation beyond repute123 G! has a reputation beyond repute123 G! has a reputation beyond repute123 G! has a reputation beyond repute123 G! has a reputation beyond repute123 G! has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobDog View Post
Good article on a series of "what if's " and "would be nice"

But wouldn't it make you wonder why "they" don't use the rink we just built? Meridian Centre?
The ice time rental is cheaper than Welland's Ice time rental.

But hey, more the merrier ! Hopefully we can get a facility that could be run without any municipality involvement... and watch it make money (insert dream sequence)
They simply can't. Remember both the Brock men's and women's team are on the ice at least five days per week. Not enough ice time, with the River Lions, etc. Remember the ice is covered when basketball, lacrosse, concerts are there.

I'm not sure if you realize but the IceDogs still have to practice at the Jack on certain days.
Old 04-17-2016, 11:15 AM
2nd Line

RobDog is a splendid one to beholdRobDog is a splendid one to beholdRobDog is a splendid one to beholdRobDog is a splendid one to beholdRobDog is a splendid one to beholdRobDog is a splendid one to beholdRobDog is a splendid one to behold

Sure absolutely I realize the arguments and lobbing that took place to make an ice facility to house the IceDogs organization. That "they" would need to fill the arena during the off season.

But.

Perhaps when the iron was hot and they where getting close to a yes build it.... Hey lets make it bigger.. in a better location... add some supporting rinks....so we don't have to entertain and go through justifying trying to build another (multiple ice) rink.

The Seymour Hannah nightmare will make it hard for the public to get behind investing into another rink.

Oh well.

http://www.stcatharinesstandard.ca/2...n-to-fix-arena

article added before I get "what nightmare"

Last edited by RobDog; 04-17-2016 at 11:17 AM.
Old 04-17-2016, 11:22 AM
Big League

Thanked 1,425 Times in 868 Posts
retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!

I'm not sure if you realize but the IceDogs still have to practice at the Jack on certain days.

I think that we would be surprised if we were to find out the number of days that the Ice Dogs have to take to the ice in another facility during the season.
I would bet that it is more often than we think. Lugging all of the gear back and forth as do, many other OHL teams such as the hated London team etc....
Old 04-17-2016, 03:52 PM
Serving a Suspension

Stinkyp3t3 has much to be proud ofStinkyp3t3 has much to be proud ofStinkyp3t3 has much to be proud ofStinkyp3t3 has much to be proud ofStinkyp3t3 has much to be proud ofStinkyp3t3 has much to be proud ofStinkyp3t3 has much to be proud ofStinkyp3t3 has much to be proud ofStinkyp3t3 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by retired/sectionJ View Post

I think that we would be surprised if we were to find out the number of days that the Ice Dogs have to take to the ice in another facility during the season.
I would bet that it is more often than we think. Lugging all of the gear back and forth as do, many other OHL teams such as the hated London team etc....
Those poor, poor kids, having to lug all that equipment a whole 650m. We should do something about that!

I have lots of money, I enjoy driving my BMW on our well maintained roads, such pleasure.

Please raise my taxes.
Old 04-17-2016, 06:35 PM
Big League

Thanked 1,425 Times in 868 Posts
retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stinkyp3t3 View Post
Those poor, poor kids, having to lug all that equipment a whole 650m. We should do something about that!

I have lots of money, I enjoy driving my BMW on our well maintained roads, such pleasure.

Please raise my taxes.
Maybe you could give these poor boys a lift to practice in your BMW. That would save them from driving on the bad streets. LOL
The Following User Says Thank You to retired/sectionJ For This Useful Post:
Old 04-17-2016, 07:39 PM
Serving a Suspension

Stinkyp3t3 has much to be proud ofStinkyp3t3 has much to be proud ofStinkyp3t3 has much to be proud ofStinkyp3t3 has much to be proud ofStinkyp3t3 has much to be proud ofStinkyp3t3 has much to be proud ofStinkyp3t3 has much to be proud ofStinkyp3t3 has much to be proud ofStinkyp3t3 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by retired/sectionJ View Post
Maybe you could give these poor boys a lift to practice in your BMW. That would save them from driving on the bad streets. LOL
Good one

I could, but, they prolly wouldn't like what I would have to say about them on the ride over.
Old 04-17-2016, 11:52 PM
Team Captain

three dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond repute

Heard today it might be for Brock and the Thorold Black Hawks and built on campus . The Falcons might then go to the four plex .
Old 04-18-2016, 07:54 AM

Thanked 2,775 Times in 1,517 Posts
NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by three dog night View Post
Heard today it might be for Brock and the Thorold Black Hawks and built on campus . The Falcons might then go to the four plex .
In the newspaper they were discussing a three-way split, with Brock, St. Catharines and Thorold. It isn't a bad idea because each municipality could use another (newer) arena before their older barns need to be decommissioned.
The Following User Says Thank You to NiceDawg For This Useful Post: