Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum !  

Search:     Photos: 23,849    Downloads: 2,832,871   Msgs Posted: 140,819   Thread Views: 47,926,008   Online Now: 112
Go Back   Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum ! > NIAGARA ICEDOGS Fan Forums > Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News

Notices

Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News Discussions posted by the fans about the Niagara IceDogs - talk about games, players, fights, news, etc.

Old 02-16-2020, 07:08 PM
Team Captain

Thanked 2,194 Times in 1,391 Posts
retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chipperdog View Post
Good way to raise money would be to charge 10 bucks for a ticket....winner gets to coach a period the next home game....anyone interested? Lol
I would love to do that but, I would most likely get myself into a pile of trouble.
The Following User Says Thank You to retired/sectionJ For This Useful Post:
Old 02-16-2020, 07:50 PM
Team Captain

Thanked 2,194 Times in 1,391 Posts
retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!

Breaking news BB!!!
North Bay wins again today and are now only 10 points behind us and one game in hand.
We play the 2 more times and I will be super surprised if we win another game this season.
Maybe the 1st overall pick is not that far out of the picture.
Do not like writing this, but, I calls them as I see them
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to retired/sectionJ For This Useful Post:
Old 02-16-2020, 08:30 PM
Big League

Thanked 1,161 Times in 684 Posts
dogs77 is absolutely magnificent!dogs77 is absolutely magnificent!dogs77 is absolutely magnificent!dogs77 is absolutely magnificent!dogs77 is absolutely magnificent!dogs77 is absolutely magnificent!dogs77 is absolutely magnificent!dogs77 is absolutely magnificent!dogs77 is absolutely magnificent!dogs77 is absolutely magnificent!dogs77 is absolutely magnificent!

Correct me if im wrong... Before the season even started was this team not slated to finished dead last.

Last edited by dogs77; 02-16-2020 at 09:35 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to dogs77 For This Useful Post:
Old 02-16-2020, 09:01 PM
2nd Line

OlDawg is a jewel in the roughOlDawg is a jewel in the roughOlDawg is a jewel in the roughOlDawg is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogs777 View Post
What penalty did he give them today? The better team won plain and simple
The penalty to Castleman was really BB's. The refs were already warning him a few times.

Being near the bench, you could see/hear the development. BB apparently livid on the bench & in the room so much so
that he is in danger of blowing a gasket anytime.
Old 02-16-2020, 09:04 PM
2nd Line

OlDawg is a jewel in the roughOlDawg is a jewel in the roughOlDawg is a jewel in the roughOlDawg is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotdog fan View Post
Well I'm one for yelling at players but at this point and time I think I will give it up. They can't play a game that has no system or structure to it. No leaders on this team to show the young guys anything and Lodnia can't do it by himself.
He is trying & doing way too much to attempt pushing the guys forward.
Old 02-16-2020, 09:23 PM
Big League

Thanked 1,006 Times in 657 Posts
dogged74 is absolutely magnificent!dogged74 is absolutely magnificent!dogged74 is absolutely magnificent!dogged74 is absolutely magnificent!dogged74 is absolutely magnificent!dogged74 is absolutely magnificent!dogged74 is absolutely magnificent!dogged74 is absolutely magnificent!dogged74 is absolutely magnificent!dogged74 is absolutely magnificent!dogged74 is absolutely magnificent!

Oldawg, as I understand it, Billy Boy loses it on the team literally after every period. I think the players tuned him out by about Remembrance Day. I don’t know what that must be like, to be screamed at when you get back in the room, twice a night, every game all season.
Billy Burke, for your own mental health, for the mental health of your 16-to-19 year-old players, please step down from coaching this team. You are in way over your head. You are not helping yourself, and you’re not helping this team.
Players talk, they have friends on other teams. They text each other all the time. How do you think you are thought of, portrayed among them? What if the players who are on this team now are friends with kids who are draft-eligible? What about the players who are asking your players: ‘Dude, seriously, what’s it like playing there?’ How would they really describe you as a coach, or the IceDogs as a team?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dogged74 For This Useful Post:
Old 02-16-2020, 09:37 PM
Big League

Thanked 1,161 Times in 684 Posts
dogs77 is absolutely magnificent!dogs77 is absolutely magnificent!dogs77 is absolutely magnificent!dogs77 is absolutely magnificent!dogs77 is absolutely magnificent!dogs77 is absolutely magnificent!dogs77 is absolutely magnificent!dogs77 is absolutely magnificent!dogs77 is absolutely magnificent!dogs77 is absolutely magnificent!dogs77 is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogged74 View Post
Oldawg, as I understand it, Billy Boy loses it on the team literally after every period. I think the players tuned him out by about Remembrance Day. I don’t know what that must be like, to be screamed at when you get back in the room, twice a night, every game all season.
Billy Burke, for your own mental health, for the mental health of your 16-to-19 year-old players, please step down from coaching this team. You are in way over your head. You are not helping yourself, and you’re not helping this team.
Players talk, they have friends on other teams. They text each other all the time. How do you think you are thought of, portrayed among them? What if the players who are on this team now are friends with kids who are draft-eligible? What about the players who are asking your players: ‘Dude, seriously, what’s it like playing there?’ How would they really describe you as a coach, or the IceDogs as a team?

Do we really know for sure that there is any truth to this rumour.. if the environment were really the bad I believe that Niagara would be in the same place that flint was in their first seaaon
Old 02-16-2020, 09:59 PM
1st Line

maddog has a reputation beyond reputemaddog has a reputation beyond reputemaddog has a reputation beyond reputemaddog has a reputation beyond reputemaddog has a reputation beyond reputemaddog has a reputation beyond reputemaddog has a reputation beyond reputemaddog has a reputation beyond reputemaddog has a reputation beyond reputemaddog has a reputation beyond reputemaddog has a reputation beyond repute

Where's that sign man when we need him??
A Ted Nolan sign and maybe a month after, Marty was relieved of his coaching duties.
Please sign man, come out and end this Billy Burke misery!!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to maddog For This Useful Post:
Old 02-16-2020, 10:12 PM
Team Captain

Thanked 3,934 Times in 2,020 Posts
Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!

This is an internal situation that needs to be dealt with for the long term benefit of the organization, the players and the fans.

The 02s and 03s (Tynan, Enright, Chanton, Cato, Snow, Sims, Agostinelli, Uberti – plus Butler and Peters) are going to be around for the next 3 or 4 years. Clearly, they need a new voice, a new approach, a new system of play. They need a reason to be motivated (other than intrinsic) for next season. The players need someone they are confident in - that can take them the next step. I closely followed this group of players on the first day at camp, first preseason game and first regular season game and every game after that – and despite all the losses, these young players are significantly better players today than they were in September.

Not as team, but individually, they have taken positive steps forward. Soon, some new players will be added through the OHL, Import Draft and prospect signings, and this entire group needs to feel a sense of excitement for next year – a new coach instantly accomplishes that. Otherwise, I fear that coming back to the “same old same old” is not going to be received well by this group. Their recent play resemble a team that has lost confidence in the coaches’ message and tactics. They look defeated – and I feel terrible for this group of genuinely nice kids.

As a coach, I have been in similar situations – and you need to know yourself when your message is not being received anymore and for the sake of the players, you pass the team on to someone else. There is no shame in doing that – just a lot respect!

I equate this situation to a student, who after their first year with a teacher, where it didn’t go well, is told they have that same teacher for the next 3 or 4 years. The student will continue to do their work because they need the marks but it’s really tough to be excited about going to class. BB needs to do right thing!
The Following User Says Thank You to Blacksox For This Useful Post:
Old 02-16-2020, 10:20 PM
Big League

Thanked 1,006 Times in 657 Posts
dogged74 is absolutely magnificent!dogged74 is absolutely magnificent!dogged74 is absolutely magnificent!dogged74 is absolutely magnificent!dogged74 is absolutely magnificent!dogged74 is absolutely magnificent!dogged74 is absolutely magnificent!dogged74 is absolutely magnificent!dogged74 is absolutely magnificent!dogged74 is absolutely magnificent!dogged74 is absolutely magnificent!

77, how do we know it’s not as bad as Flint? I guess the first indicator will be the Draft. I’m pretty sure Flint experienced players refusing to report, having been drafted. If we start seeing trades happen in quick succession at the draft, all involving NIA players/picks, what shall we assume? If we start seeing negotiations with drafted players that give no indication of players not wanting to sign here, then all of a sudden there’s a trade of said player, without him ever having played here, for pennies on the dollar, what will that tell you?