Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum !  

Search:     Photos: 23,850    Downloads: 2,832,954   Msgs Posted: 140,832   Thread Views: 47,940,171   Online Now: 95
Go Back   Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum ! > NIAGARA ICEDOGS Fan Forums > Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News

Notices

Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News Discussions posted by the fans about the Niagara IceDogs - talk about games, players, fights, news, etc.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-09-2022, 08:45 PM
2nd Line

OlDawg is a jewel in the roughOlDawg is a jewel in the roughOlDawg is a jewel in the roughOlDawg is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by strohs View Post
Is this the best post of the season?

You did forget about Rosy - he was here two years ago . . . Albeit in a third string goalie role.

But still, IMO this rebuild hasn?t been planned ideally . . .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Quote:
Originally Posted by strohs View Post
Agreed losing a year really hurt . There is no denying that. But every team was faced with that, but IMO, it would hurt a young team more than older teams, unless of course last year was your go for it year (Oshawa! Lol) so that loss of a season was crushing.

Most here would agree that next year will be a huge developmental year for the Dogs young players. In the past he has made stupid trades to bring in OA to ?show the young kids how to play?.

So what does JB do? He trades a Captain and an Alternate Captain (who were selected by the Burke brain trust I presume), who the Burke boys have spoken glowingly about, ahead of a year where they probably would have returned as OA players. Oh and he was responsible for bringing I. Both of those players BTW.

That does not sound like very well thought out planning to me. But I am just being negative I guess.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Negative or 'reality' ? Playing 'chess' with these kids lives takes talent, experience, maturity & some degree of luck. What degree of these does our 'management team' have?