Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum !  

Search:     Photos: 23,849    Downloads: 2,832,863   Msgs Posted: 140,816   Thread Views: 47,924,670   Online Now: 119
Go Back   Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum ! > NIAGARA ICEDOGS Fan Forums > Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News

Notices

Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News Discussions posted by the fans about the Niagara IceDogs - talk about games, players, fights, news, etc.

Old 01-22-2022, 05:07 PM
All Star

Thanked 1,323 Times in 906 Posts
three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by strohs View Post
Reading Hamilton Ottawa game today was cancelled due to a non-Covid illness ?

Wonder how that is possible ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Heard it might have been food poisoning.
Old 01-22-2022, 11:40 PM
Curmudgeon

Thanked 2,584 Times in 1,485 Posts
strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiceDawg View Post
We opted out of the lottery. Being there with only 498 other fans, wearing masks, not eating or drinking, in an otherwise empty arena - wasn't the fan experience we signed up for.

We'll take the credit and decide if that translates into a refund at the end of this season or a discount for the next. Watching online hasn't sucked, the beer is cheaper and the snack lady makes deliveries!

I probably should have opted out too for many of the same reasons. I think it is too late now though. Why did you not mention this sooner lol

For me too it would mean going by myself. Now I often go by myself but IMO not worth going by myself, in the middle of winter, no beer or food, and with jr b sized crowd in the building . Hopefully I am
Lucky and not drawn for one of these games . . .

Although it sure would be nice to get out of the house. My ice hockey starts up on Jan 31 so that is at least a night out of the house.

Old 01-22-2022, 11:43 PM
Curmudgeon

strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
We opted out of the lottery. Being there with only 498 other fans, wearing masks, not eating or drinking, in an otherwise empty arena - wasn't the fan experience we signed up for.

We'll take the credit and decide if that translates into a refund at the end of this season or a discount for the next. Watching online hasn't sucked, the beer is cheaper and the snack lady makes deliveries!

You thinking of not returning next season?

Old 01-22-2022, 11:44 PM
Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by three dog night View Post
Heard it might have been food poisoning.

Oh that would probably do it lol

Old 01-23-2022, 12:02 AM
Top Prospect

hotdog fan has a reputation beyond reputehotdog fan has a reputation beyond reputehotdog fan has a reputation beyond reputehotdog fan has a reputation beyond reputehotdog fan has a reputation beyond reputehotdog fan has a reputation beyond reputehotdog fan has a reputation beyond reputehotdog fan has a reputation beyond reputehotdog fan has a reputation beyond reputehotdog fan has a reputation beyond reputehotdog fan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I probably should have opted out too for many of the same reasons. I think it is too late now though. Why did you not mention this sooner lol

For me too it would mean going by myself. Now I often go by myself but IMO not worth going by myself, in the middle of winter, no beer or food, and with jr b sized crowd in the building . Hopefully I am

Although it sure would be nice to get out of the house. My ice hockey starts up on Jan 31 so that is at least a night out of the house.

According to the Ice Dogs Site you have until Jan.24th at 5pm to opt out. You have to email [email address]. Hope this helps if you still want to do it.
Old 01-23-2022, 09:55 AM
Grump

Thanked 4,004 Times in 2,244 Posts
NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:

You have until the 24th, still not too late!
Old 01-23-2022, 09:58 AM
Grump

NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
You thinking of not returning next season?
We are torn... we have been STH since 2012 and regular spectators since 2007. We enjoy the group of fans around us but the last few years have thinned their ranks as well. Covid has sucked the momentum out of things for us, and we actually see the fan experience declining further before it improves.
Old 01-23-2022, 10:06 AM
Curmudgeon

Quote:
You have until the 24th, still not too late!

Tis done

Old 01-23-2022, 10:11 AM
Grump

Quote:
Tis done
Now you just have to point out the "snack lady" quote and hope she takes the hint.
Old 01-23-2022, 10:20 AM
Curmudgeon

Quote:
We are torn... we have been STH since 2012 and regular spectators since 2007. We enjoy the group of fans around us but the last few years have thinned their ranks as well. Covid has sucked the momentum out of things for us, and we actually see the fan experience declining further before it improves.

I hear ya on the lack of momentum, I do not feel the same level of emotional attachment anymore like I used to. Perhaps it is because the team is rebuilding, the coach is terrible, GM has made some head scratching moves, building is no longer regularly full. I actually do not think its the rebuilding that has me uninterested. I think its the close to two years without regular attachment more than anything. I think its also the realization that in my opinion that I do not think those who are in place to make decisions are smart or good enough to win it all. I know that if they perform poorly they will never lose their jobs. And I get that it is a family business, but I want the team to win and not just be a place for the boys to work at in a cool job and earn really good money.

I will probably always be a STH, but its easier for me to keep them as I never go to every game anyways. I used to have a pair but it became too tough to get rid of the games I wasnt going to. So I dropped to one ticket. Definitely would be tough sledding if I had to go to every single game and could not redeem unused tickets for tickets to other games. If that were the case I would not keep it either.

I hear ya. Just wish we get to a point in this world where we can live with this thing. For the mental sanity of many, including me, that has to happen.

The Following User Says Thank You to strohs For This Useful Post: