Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum !  

Search:     Photos: 23,849    Downloads: 2,832,612   Msgs Posted: 140,809   Thread Views: 47,906,654   Online Now: 136
Go Back   Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum ! > NIAGARA ICEDOGS Fan Forums > Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News

Notices

Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News Discussions posted by the fans about the Niagara IceDogs - talk about games, players, fights, news, etc.

View Poll Results: What happens now?
Bill and Denise fire their sons and hire new staff. 0 0%
Bill and Denise sell the team. 11 64.71%
Bill and Denise avoid commenting and ride out the storm. 6 35.29%
Something else (aka, who cares) 0 0%
Voters: 17. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-07-2022, 03:33 PM
All Star

Thanked 1,323 Times in 906 Posts
three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!

Now who coaches the team.
Old 07-07-2022, 03:46 PM
Team Captain

Thanked 1,069 Times in 865 Posts
dogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by three dog night View Post
Now who coaches the team.
My guess is the 99ers coach or someone involved with them
The Following User Says Thank You to dogs777 For This Useful Post:
Old 07-07-2022, 06:19 PM
Team Captain

Thanked 2,194 Times in 1,391 Posts
retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogs777 View Post
My guess is the 99ers coach or someone involved with them
Anybody has got to be better than Billy.
Old 07-07-2022, 06:23 PM
Team Captain

dogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by retired/sectionJ View Post
Anybody has got to be better than Billy.
Weíll see the records of those teams in Brantford werenít the best so itís a wait and see thing (heís got a better team then billy did though)
Old 07-08-2022, 09:30 AM
Team Captain

Can’t say we didn’t see this coming https://niagaraicedogs.net/article/i...E2RQ&fs=e&s=cl
The Following User Says Thank You to dogs777 For This Useful Post:
Old 07-08-2022, 10:04 AM
Team Captain

retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Canít say we didnít see this coming https://niagaraicedogs.net/article/i...E2RQ&fs=e&s=cl
Got to be better than the previous wanna be coach. Feel kind of sorry for Jody Hull though. Caught in the middle of this mess. I wonder if they will bring him back for this season, anyway.
The Following User Says Thank You to retired/sectionJ For This Useful Post:
Old 07-08-2022, 10:17 AM
Team Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by retired/sectionJ View Post
Got to be better than the previous wanna be coach. Feel kind of sorry for Jody Hull though. Caught in the middle of this mess. I wonder if they will bring him back for this season, anyway.
I mean technically can’t be worse then billy cause he finished last and I don’t see this team not making the playoffs (could be wrong though) but billy did have some experience behind an OHL bench. I don’t think he’s coming back I think the entire staff comes up from the 99ers

Last edited by dogs777; 07-08-2022 at 10:19 AM.
Old 07-08-2022, 10:37 AM
Team Captain

Quote:
I mean technically canít be worse then billy cause he finished last and I donít see this team not making the playoffs (could be wrong though) but billy did have some experience behind an OHL bench. I donít think heís coming back I think the entire staff comes up from the 99ers
Other than a couple of years as assistant coach to Marty, I don't believe that he was anywhere else, to my knowledge. Big, big difference between being the lead dog to the guy in waiting. Different as night and day.
The Following User Says Thank You to retired/sectionJ For This Useful Post:
Old 07-08-2022, 12:55 PM
Resident OHL Expert

Thanked 3,368 Times in 1,452 Posts
fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
I mean technically can’t be worse then billy cause he finished last and I don’t see this team not making the playoffs (could be wrong though) but billy did have some experience behind an OHL bench. I don’t think he’s coming back I think the entire staff comes up from the 99ers
He hadn't coached a ball hockey game before mommy and daddy made Marty take him on. You can have all the time in the world behind "an OHL bench", if you don't have anything between the ears it doesn't matter.

There's a reason(s) other coaches, players and officials thing he was a complete joke. Him and his brother will never work again in the league. (unless their parents buy another team)
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to fishfan51 For This Useful Post:
Old 07-08-2022, 01:50 PM
Team Captain

Thanked 3,295 Times in 1,552 Posts
hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishfan51 View Post
He hadn't coached a ball hockey game before mommy and daddy made Marty take him on. You can have all the time in the world behind "an OHL bench", if you don't have anything between the ears it doesn't matter.

There's a reason(s) other coaches, players and officials thing he was a complete joke. Him and his brother will never work again in the league. (unless their parents buy another team)
If only this were the case it wouldn't have been half as bad. He started under McCourt who at the time was a rookie as well with very little experience and a short term contract. Mom and dad were at the time still sitting a few rows back from the bench. Talk about living in a fishbowl. At least Marty was established with a decent contract and had some pull. What an awful position to put McCourt in. it must have been really tough.

Last edited by hockey123; 07-08-2022 at 01:52 PM.