Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum !  

Search:     Photos: 23,849    Downloads: 2,832,624   Msgs Posted: 140,809   Thread Views: 47,906,833   Online Now: 133
Go Back   Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum ! > NIAGARA ICEDOGS Fan Forums > Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News

Notices

Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News Discussions posted by the fans about the Niagara IceDogs - talk about games, players, fights, news, etc.

Closed Thread

Old 10-10-2022, 11:30 PM
All Star

Thanked 1,323 Times in 906 Posts
three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!

The team is two three and one but some fans think they are zero and six I still believe this team will get better after a few games together. It looks like tickets sale might be better for Saturday game with Flint.
Old 10-11-2022, 12:13 AM
Team Captain

Thanked 1,069 Times in 865 Posts
dogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by three dog night View Post
The team is two three and one but some fans think they are zero and six I still believe this team will get better after a few games together. It looks like tickets sale might be better for Saturday game with Flint.
I think the fact that the blue jays arenít playing anymore will help the ticket sales a bit
The Following User Says Thank You to dogs777 For This Useful Post:
Old 10-11-2022, 10:07 AM
4th Line

Dawg Tired is a glorious beacon of lightDawg Tired is a glorious beacon of lightDawg Tired is a glorious beacon of lightDawg Tired is a glorious beacon of lightDawg Tired is a glorious beacon of lightDawg Tired is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
All that is just the noisy bumps of people jumping on and falling off of the bandwagon each time the teams fortune changes.

Most successful teams in this league build from the young who get experience playing together and then become dominant in their last years of eligibility in the O.

This team tossed the puzzle into the air, swept away a third of the pieces and added in random pieces. Until they have a chance to fully jell, inconsistency is what I would expect.
Old 10-11-2022, 02:37 PM
1st Line

5 for fighting has a reputation beyond repute5 for fighting has a reputation beyond repute5 for fighting has a reputation beyond repute5 for fighting has a reputation beyond repute5 for fighting has a reputation beyond repute5 for fighting has a reputation beyond repute5 for fighting has a reputation beyond repute5 for fighting has a reputation beyond repute5 for fighting has a reputation beyond repute5 for fighting has a reputation beyond repute5 for fighting has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by strohs View Post
Some attendance lowlights

I have been keeping track of attendance since we moved to the new arena. It is on a spreadsheet I maintain to figure out what I am doing with my tickets

All attendance lowlights will exclude the pandemic year 2021-22
After three games

4,026 Lowest home opener crowd this year
(4,339 previous low 2015-16)

3,005 lowest home crowd EVER at the new arena was Saturday (again excluding last year)
(3,454 previous low Mar5-2015)

3,369 Lowest average thru first three games this year
(4,325 previous low 2014-2015)

Actually the average attendance this year thru the first three games is only approximately 100 more on average than last years pandemic plagued year first three games)

I never imagined we would see crowds this bad again in this city. It is truly disappointing. IMO a lot of this blame goes directly to the mess created last year by the Burke boys and the accumulation of poor scouting and development that led to the disaster that was last year). Add in the texting scandal mess yikes. I hope DD got a discount on the purchase price!

As is evident in the significant drop off in the crowds so far those boys caused a lot of damage to the goodwill generated by this team over fifteen years and it will take years for it to come back to what it once was.

DD has a lot of off ice work to do to bring people back in the building perhaps he should concentrate on that rather than playing GM.

Just my thoughts.

The numbers do not lie.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I thought Fridays attendance of 3075 was the lowest announced crowd ever with the exception of last years Covid season. Then Saturdays crowd took that honour. Thanks for posting this.

I really believe we are at the start of the decline of the Icedogs. It’s the perfect storm. Two years of not making the playoffs. A cancelled season where some fans have lost interest. Inflation and high housing costs mean less disposable income for most. A 13% increase in concession stand prices this season (and the food was already over priced). The texting scandal last season. A new owner who wants to be GM but has no experience. A new owner who is doing an extremely poor job at media relations. There are lots of reasons why attendance will decrease.

Last edited by 5 for fighting; 10-11-2022 at 02:39 PM.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to 5 for fighting For This Useful Post:
Old 10-11-2022, 03:22 PM
1st Line

5 for fighting has a reputation beyond repute5 for fighting has a reputation beyond repute5 for fighting has a reputation beyond repute5 for fighting has a reputation beyond repute5 for fighting has a reputation beyond repute5 for fighting has a reputation beyond repute5 for fighting has a reputation beyond repute5 for fighting has a reputation beyond repute5 for fighting has a reputation beyond repute5 for fighting has a reputation beyond repute5 for fighting has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJBrooks View Post
After everything that the team/fanbase has gone through all everyone wanted was stability.

When a guy pays a silly amount of money for a toy you kindd of expect him to be able to afford a solid, experienced, GM. All anyone wanted was a staff with pedigree and a history of winning. Instead we got MORE turmoil with a trade every other day, no GM at all, and a staff that while individually all have decent credentials as a group you have ZERO ohl experience. How does that bring stability?
The Icedogs are one of the top revenue generating teams in the OHL. We should be able to afford an experienced GM, experienced coach and a full scouting team. Why do the Icedogs not have that?

For the record, Iím not against Fitzgerald as a coach. I really donít know enough about him to determine whether he is ready for the OHL or not?
Old 10-11-2022, 03:24 PM
All Star

Thanked 1,323 Times in 906 Posts
three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!

CAA discount tickets for the Value Section is back.
Old 10-11-2022, 09:07 PM
Resident OHL Expert

Thanked 3,368 Times in 1,452 Posts
fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
CAA discount tickets for the Value Section is back.
Well, everything is ok then.
Old 10-11-2022, 09:58 PM
Team Captain

Thanked 3,295 Times in 1,552 Posts
hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!

I'm literally rooting against this team until the league wakes up and ends this debacle. This is beyond embarrassing.
The Following User Says Thank You to hockey123 For This Useful Post:
Old 10-11-2022, 11:05 PM
Curmudgeon

Thanked 2,582 Times in 1,484 Posts
strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockey123 View Post
I'm literally rooting against this team until the league wakes up and ends this debacle. This is beyond embarrassing.

I am seriously wondering what it would take to get the league involved? my guess is they are not going to step in cuz he does not know what he is doing. But it sure would be nice if they did!

I presume that Gretzky is not at all involved in this ownership group because I cannot imagine a knowledgeable hockey mind such as he would go along with this quote plan quote

Old 10-11-2022, 11:17 PM
Team Captain

Thanked 1,069 Times in 865 Posts
dogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by strohs View Post
I am seriously wondering what it would take to get the league involved? my guess is they are not going to step in cuz he does not know what he is doing. But it sure would be nice if they did!

I presume that Gretzky is not at all involved in this ownership group because I cannot imagine a knowledgeable hockey mind such as he would go along with this quote plan quote

You would need a flint situation where the entire team refused to play for him and that wonít happen
Closed Thread