Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum !  

Search:     Photos: 23,849    Downloads: 2,832,612   Msgs Posted: 140,809   Thread Views: 47,906,678   Online Now: 135
Go Back   Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum ! > NIAGARA ICEDOGS Fan Forums > Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News

Notices

Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News Discussions posted by the fans about the Niagara IceDogs - talk about games, players, fights, news, etc.

Closed Thread

Old 10-12-2022, 07:37 PM
Curmudgeon

Thanked 2,582 Times in 1,484 Posts
strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!

Initially I had tickets for Saturday night but after the debacle that was this week with the non sensical trading, combined with the fact I otherwise have a pretty busy day on Saturday at home with my wife away and driving the kids all over the damn place, I figured I cannot be bothered to go to the game Saturday night, and I will sit my ass at home on the couch and drink free beer popcorn and food and watch NHL hockey instead.

If the organization was not in Gong Show mode I probably would have stuck it out and gone.

So I banked my tickets for another game in the future where hopefully I am not as disappointed in the front office as I currently am.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 10-12-2022, 09:32 PM
Grump

Thanked 4,003 Times in 2,243 Posts
NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by strohs View Post
Initially I had tickets for Saturday night but after the debacle that was this week with the non sensical trading, combined with the fact I otherwise have a pretty busy day on Saturday at home with my wife away and driving the kids all over the damn place, I figured I cannot be bothered to go to the game Saturday night, and I will sit my ass at home on the couch and drink free beer popcorn and food and watch NHL hockey instead.

If the organization was not in Gong Show mode I probably would have stuck it out and gone.

So I banked my tickets for another game in the future where hopefully I am not as disappointed in the front office as I currently am.

I would ask to come over and keep you company but I am taking an extended vacation instead. Leaving Friday - adios until November!
Old 10-12-2022, 10:18 PM
Curmudgeon

strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiceDawg View Post
I would ask to come over and keep you company but I am taking an extended vacation instead. Leaving Friday - adios until November!

The row is going to look pretty darn empty (kinda like the rest of the arena)

Sad

Old 10-15-2022, 02:15 PM
Big League

Thanked 1,019 Times in 686 Posts
Dogs Enthusiast 104 is absolutely magnificent!Dogs Enthusiast 104 is absolutely magnificent!Dogs Enthusiast 104 is absolutely magnificent!Dogs Enthusiast 104 is absolutely magnificent!Dogs Enthusiast 104 is absolutely magnificent!Dogs Enthusiast 104 is absolutely magnificent!Dogs Enthusiast 104 is absolutely magnificent!Dogs Enthusiast 104 is absolutely magnificent!Dogs Enthusiast 104 is absolutely magnificent!Dogs Enthusiast 104 is absolutely magnificent!Dogs Enthusiast 104 is absolutely magnificent!

I am actually looking forward to the game tonight. Hope they beat them again. Hope the team plays all 3 periods. Hope they start to gel.
Old 10-15-2022, 03:51 PM
2nd Line

OlDawg is a jewel in the roughOlDawg is a jewel in the roughOlDawg is a jewel in the roughOlDawg is a jewel in the rough
Default Is there a trend beginning?

Quote:
Originally Posted by strohs View Post

I am afraid that your thoughts will grow for all fans as more games are lost & we trend lower in the rankings. How long will STHs hang in for future seasons?
Old 10-15-2022, 03:58 PM
Grump

Thanked 4,003 Times in 2,243 Posts
NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by OlDawg View Post
I am afraid that your thoughts will grow for all fans as more games are lost & we trend lower in the rankings. How long will STHs hang in for future seasons?
After 10 years we almost retired our tickets but thought we'd hang on for one more to see what the new owner did. It isn't actually tied to winning but more so tied to progress. Early days just yet.
Old 10-15-2022, 04:29 PM
Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by OlDawg View Post

My outlook is like Nicedawgs it is not really tied to winning it is tied to progress.

What I am seeing shows lack of experience, incompetence, lack of planning, lack of using assets efficiently ? those things concern me a lot more than losses do

The Following User Says Thank You to strohs For This Useful Post:
Old 10-15-2022, 10:50 PM
Big League

Dogs Enthusiast 104 is absolutely magnificent!Dogs Enthusiast 104 is absolutely magnificent!Dogs Enthusiast 104 is absolutely magnificent!Dogs Enthusiast 104 is absolutely magnificent!Dogs Enthusiast 104 is absolutely magnificent!Dogs Enthusiast 104 is absolutely magnificent!Dogs Enthusiast 104 is absolutely magnificent!Dogs Enthusiast 104 is absolutely magnificent!Dogs Enthusiast 104 is absolutely magnificent!Dogs Enthusiast 104 is absolutely magnificent!Dogs Enthusiast 104 is absolutely magnificent!

Big Win!!

7 to 3

Big comeback from being down 2 nothing. Huge number of shots. Crowd was really into it.

Zito winning a foot race to chase down a deep puck in the second period, which eventually resulted in a goal. Was my highlight. Zito showed real determination. Amazing effort.

This was obviously the most fun night at the MC so far this season.
Old 10-16-2022, 09:45 AM
2nd Line

RobDog is a splendid one to beholdRobDog is a splendid one to beholdRobDog is a splendid one to beholdRobDog is a splendid one to beholdRobDog is a splendid one to beholdRobDog is a splendid one to beholdRobDog is a splendid one to behold

Thought Copeland had a strong game as well.

Given the " Trade Trigger " management, do they trade him ?
Old 10-16-2022, 10:34 AM
Big League

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobDog View Post
Thought Copeland had a strong game as well.

Given the " Trade Trigger " management, do they trade him ?
Ya, Copeland looked great. Nearly got the hat trick too.

It’s like the team decided to prove all the nay sayers wrong last night. They played with real determination.

If you can put aside the baffling trades trades. This team can be real fun to watch. STH would be crazy to not attend games because they are not impressed with the senior management and worried about what will happen two seasons from now.

Oh, and it seems that group sales of tickets are going ok. Lots of groups last night.

Last edited by Dogs Enthusiast 104; 10-16-2022 at 10:35 AM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dogs Enthusiast 104 For This Useful Post:
Closed Thread