Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum !  

Search:     Photos: 23,850    Downloads: 2,832,969   Msgs Posted: 140,832   Thread Views: 47,941,019   Online Now: 134
Go Back   Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum ! > NIAGARA ICEDOGS Fan Forums > Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News

Notices

Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News Discussions posted by the fans about the Niagara IceDogs - talk about games, players, fights, news, etc.

Old 11-18-2022, 11:07 AM
Resident OHL Expert

Thanked 3,368 Times in 1,452 Posts
fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by the dog View Post
All people here that wanted Marty fired...he would look good right about now..
Firing Marty was the beginning of the end for this franchise.
Old 11-18-2022, 11:13 AM
Big League

Thanked 1,019 Times in 686 Posts
Dogs Enthusiast 104 is absolutely magnificent!Dogs Enthusiast 104 is absolutely magnificent!Dogs Enthusiast 104 is absolutely magnificent!Dogs Enthusiast 104 is absolutely magnificent!Dogs Enthusiast 104 is absolutely magnificent!Dogs Enthusiast 104 is absolutely magnificent!Dogs Enthusiast 104 is absolutely magnificent!Dogs Enthusiast 104 is absolutely magnificent!Dogs Enthusiast 104 is absolutely magnificent!Dogs Enthusiast 104 is absolutely magnificent!Dogs Enthusiast 104 is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishfan51 View Post
Firing Marty was the beginning of the end for this franchise.
We had some winning seasons after he left.
Old 11-18-2022, 12:23 PM
Resident OHL Expert

fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogs Enthusiast 104 View Post
We had some winning seasons after he left.
How much playoff success?

This is the sixth season without him. One was cancelled because of covid and one we haven't reached the playoffs yet this year.

In the 4 playoff seasons since he left, they've won 2 series. TWO.

And.... they're not on the greatest path to win one this year.

Last edited by fishfan51; 11-18-2022 at 12:46 PM.
Old 11-18-2022, 08:02 PM
Curmudgeon

Thanked 2,584 Times in 1,485 Posts
strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishfan51 View Post
How much playoff success?

This is the sixth season without him. One was cancelled because of covid and one we haven't reached the playoffs yet this year.

In the 4 playoff seasons since he left, they've won 2 series. TWO.

And.... they're not on the greatest path to win one this year.

Thanks for making me feel happy as a fan of this team lol

Oh and BTW we really should have won it all that one year that team was great (other than perhaps Dhillon)

Sigh

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to strohs For This Useful Post:
Old 11-18-2022, 11:10 PM
Curmudgeon

strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiceDawg View Post
I bet we crack the .200s this year.

.289 I believe after losing to the former .289 team

Hooray we have started from the bottom again!

Good grief

Old 11-18-2022, 11:39 PM
Grump

Thanked 4,004 Times in 2,244 Posts
NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by strohs View Post
.289 I believe after losing to the former .289 team

Hooray we have started from the bottom again!

Good grief

.100's anyone? I believe they can do it!!
Old 11-21-2022, 02:14 PM
Resident OHL Expert

Saginaw finished one point ahead of the Dogs last year. They now lead the Western Conference and didn't make a bunch of stupid trades to do so.

The Dogs on the other hand are dead last and made numerous stupid trades.

He could've just hired a GM and coach and left the roster alone and they'd be better than they are now. I get Roobroeck asked for a trade and Papais was a cancer in the locker room and had to go, but the return he got for them is on him. Also, if he left the roster alone, Papais wouldn't have been here in the first place. It's also his job as the GM to find that stuff out before bring him here.

It seems like I do more research on my fantasy football trades than this guy does with his roster moves.

Sad.
Old 11-22-2022, 01:57 PM
3rd Line

DJBrooks is a splendid one to beholdDJBrooks is a splendid one to beholdDJBrooks is a splendid one to beholdDJBrooks is a splendid one to beholdDJBrooks is a splendid one to beholdDJBrooks is a splendid one to beholdDJBrooks is a splendid one to behold

DD owns 3 hockey teams

Not one of them won a single hockey game last weekend.

If it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck......
The Following User Says Thank You to DJBrooks For This Useful Post:
Old 11-22-2022, 02:53 PM
1st Line

5 for fighting has a reputation beyond repute5 for fighting has a reputation beyond repute5 for fighting has a reputation beyond repute5 for fighting has a reputation beyond repute5 for fighting has a reputation beyond repute5 for fighting has a reputation beyond repute5 for fighting has a reputation beyond repute5 for fighting has a reputation beyond repute5 for fighting has a reputation beyond repute5 for fighting has a reputation beyond repute5 for fighting has a reputation beyond repute

I posted this on July 9, 2022

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5 for fighting View Post
Here is why I am not happy about DeDobbelaer owning the team:

1. When it was rumoured DeDobbelaer was going to buy the Icedogs, I did a search on his name in google and Twitter. Everything I read was very negative with different posters saying the same thing. He is not good running a hockey team. Players donít like playing for him. He is hard to work for, etc.

2. His win-lose record with his current teams is terrible. He also had a major incident with the OHA and they tried to stop him from buying the Milton team.

3. I have been told by knowledgeable people that his top priority is to make money and not to win. This is a business venture for him, not a passion. Maybe this isnít true but itís what I have been told.
Everything I have seen so far supports what I posted in July. Unless DeDobbelaer has a complete change of heart and changes his ways, I don't think we will ever be considered a top OHL franchise again until he sells the Icedogs.
Old 11-22-2022, 06:10 PM
Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5 for fighting View Post
I posted this on July 9, 2022

Everything I have seen so far supports what I posted in July. Unless DeDobbelaer has a complete change of heart and changes his ways, I don't think we will ever be considered a top OHL franchise again until he sells the Icedogs.

Good luck making money with a team as putrid as this

Unfortunately I share your concerns, I do not think the Dogs will be considered a marquee franchise anymore (which arguably they may have been while at their peak) as long as this clown is running the three ring circus

The Following User Says Thank You to strohs For This Useful Post: