Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum !  

Search:     Photos: 23,849    Downloads: 2,832,624   Msgs Posted: 140,809   Thread Views: 47,906,855   Online Now: 133
Go Back   Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum ! > NIAGARA ICEDOGS Fan Forums > Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News

Notices

Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News Discussions posted by the fans about the Niagara IceDogs - talk about games, players, fights, news, etc.

Old 11-23-2022, 09:11 AM
4th Line

Dawg Tired is a glorious beacon of lightDawg Tired is a glorious beacon of lightDawg Tired is a glorious beacon of lightDawg Tired is a glorious beacon of lightDawg Tired is a glorious beacon of lightDawg Tired is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by strohs View Post
Good luck making money with a team as putrid as this

Unfortunately I share your concerns, I do not think the Dogs will be considered a marquee franchise anymore (which arguably they may have been while at their peak) as long as this clown is running the three ring circus

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
A few years ago, I had the chance to speak with one of the former owners of The Dukes of Hamilton.

He told me the story of how much they paid for the team, how they lost money for the couple of years they were there and of how much money they made over and above what their costs were when they were sold.

The team while they were there were so bad that even though they hosted a Memorial Cup, they did not play in it because it was obvious that they did not belong in the tournament. They were so bad that they would be an embarrassment.

Considering that this team had started life as the Marlies that had a history as an elite team, this was a long way to fall.

It doesn't matter how bad they get, there will always be someone who will step in to buy so that they can have their shiny new toy.

In the end, it's the fans that end up taking the abuse.
Old 11-23-2022, 05:56 PM
Curmudgeon

Thanked 2,582 Times in 1,484 Posts
strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!

I played adult rec hockey with two former Duke players! I looked them up on hockeydb and they were not very good OHL players to say the least, however, they both were probably the best semi-pro players I have ever skated on the same ice with at the same time and their skill was so far ahead of ours it was not even funny lol

And these guys were low tier OHL players

Just goes to show the skill you need to have to even be a bubble OHL player

It was mind boggling to watch them play

Old 11-26-2022, 09:22 PM
Curmudgeon

Thanked 2,582 Times in 1,484 Posts
strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!

It will be a shame to see the whack job in the GM chair trade He away for pennies on the dollar in a desperate attempt to bolster the roster for his win now mentality

Just think how good He will be next year.

Speed to burn.

Old 11-26-2022, 09:38 PM
Team Captain

Thanked 1,069 Times in 865 Posts
dogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by strohs View Post
It will be a shame to see the whack job in the GM chair trade He away for pennies on the dollar in a desperate attempt to bolster the roster for his win now mentality

Just think how good He will be next year.

Speed to burn.

I think we should wait till next year until we say how good heís gonna be a lot of people said the same thing about Cooke and he has 3 goals and thatís it
Old 11-28-2022, 03:37 PM
1st Line

5 for fighting has a reputation beyond repute5 for fighting has a reputation beyond repute5 for fighting has a reputation beyond repute5 for fighting has a reputation beyond repute5 for fighting has a reputation beyond repute5 for fighting has a reputation beyond repute5 for fighting has a reputation beyond repute5 for fighting has a reputation beyond repute5 for fighting has a reputation beyond repute5 for fighting has a reputation beyond repute5 for fighting has a reputation beyond repute

He cannot be traded until next season, which is a good thing for us or otherwise DeDobbelaer may trade him at the trade deadline. I think He is going to be dynamite next season.
Old 11-28-2022, 03:48 PM
Big League

Thanked 1,019 Times in 686 Posts
Dogs Enthusiast 104 is absolutely magnificent!Dogs Enthusiast 104 is absolutely magnificent!Dogs Enthusiast 104 is absolutely magnificent!Dogs Enthusiast 104 is absolutely magnificent!Dogs Enthusiast 104 is absolutely magnificent!Dogs Enthusiast 104 is absolutely magnificent!Dogs Enthusiast 104 is absolutely magnificent!Dogs Enthusiast 104 is absolutely magnificent!Dogs Enthusiast 104 is absolutely magnificent!Dogs Enthusiast 104 is absolutely magnificent!Dogs Enthusiast 104 is absolutely magnificent!

Did anyone else hear the "HE HE HE" cheers from Sec. 101???

Good times!

Last edited by Dogs Enthusiast 104; 11-28-2022 at 03:48 PM. Reason: spelling, as usual
The Following User Says Thank You to Dogs Enthusiast 104 For This Useful Post:
Old 11-28-2022, 07:43 PM
3rd Line

DJBrooks is a splendid one to beholdDJBrooks is a splendid one to beholdDJBrooks is a splendid one to beholdDJBrooks is a splendid one to beholdDJBrooks is a splendid one to beholdDJBrooks is a splendid one to beholdDJBrooks is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5 for fighting View Post
He cannot be traded until next season, which is a good thing for us or otherwise DeDobbelaer may trade him at the trade deadline. I think He is going to be dynamite next season.
There is a brief window at the trade deadline where he can be traded - unless that rule has changed and I missed it. Lleyton Moore was an example of that
Old 11-28-2022, 10:39 PM
1st Line

5 for fighting has a reputation beyond repute5 for fighting has a reputation beyond repute5 for fighting has a reputation beyond repute5 for fighting has a reputation beyond repute5 for fighting has a reputation beyond repute5 for fighting has a reputation beyond repute5 for fighting has a reputation beyond repute5 for fighting has a reputation beyond repute5 for fighting has a reputation beyond repute5 for fighting has a reputation beyond repute5 for fighting has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJBrooks View Post
There is a brief window at the trade deadline where he can be traded - unless that rule has changed and I missed it. Lleyton Moore was an example of that
Moore was a first rounder. I believe itís only first round players that can be traded at the trade deadline. He was drafted in the second round although he is playing like a first rounder.
Old 11-28-2022, 11:11 PM
All Star

Thanked 1,323 Times in 906 Posts
three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!

He not being traded.
Old 11-29-2022, 08:38 AM
Resident OHL Expert

Thanked 3,368 Times in 1,452 Posts
fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJBrooks View Post
He was drafted in the 2nd round. He can't be traded until next year. The window you're speaking of applies to first rounders only.