Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum !  

Search:     Photos: 23,850    Downloads: 2,832,954   Msgs Posted: 140,832   Thread Views: 47,940,140   Online Now: 96
Go Back   Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum ! > NIAGARA ICEDOGS Fan Forums > Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News

Notices

Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News Discussions posted by the fans about the Niagara IceDogs - talk about games, players, fights, news, etc.

Old 09-30-2022, 03:50 PM
Team Captain

Thanked 3,295 Times in 1,552 Posts
hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by strohs View Post
2nd rounder is only 2026 geez

I actually liked watching Cook play last year I thought he Fimis and Castle had great chemistry

I just find it laughable he has traded all of these players without seeing them play this year after a summer of growth

It is a very shortsighted way to run a team

If he stays as the GM long term

Cue up the bad teams like when Cherry was the owner

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I COULDN'T CARE LESS WHAT YEAR THE PICK IS IN....... it'll be gone in a week.

Last edited by hockey123; 09-30-2022 at 03:55 PM.
Old 09-30-2022, 04:28 PM
1st Line

slamr has a reputation beyond reputeslamr has a reputation beyond reputeslamr has a reputation beyond reputeslamr has a reputation beyond reputeslamr has a reputation beyond reputeslamr has a reputation beyond reputeslamr has a reputation beyond reputeslamr has a reputation beyond reputeslamr has a reputation beyond reputeslamr has a reputation beyond reputeslamr has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
2nd rounder is only 2026 geez

I actually liked watching Cook play last year I thought he Fimis and Castle had great chemistry

I just find it laughable he has traded all of these players without seeing them play this year after a summer of growth

It is a very shortsighted way to run a team

If he stays as the GM long term

Cue up the bad teams like when Cherry was the owner

Like everyone else I was confused about him playing GM mode in EA Sports but after watching an interview he did recently I think it came a little clearer to me what he's doing.
He said he wants to host the Memorial Cup and he knows the OHL will not consider his bid with a rebuilding team. So he is basically fast-tracking into a more competitive team. That appears to be his main motivation. I don't like it but at least he came clean as to what he is trying to do.
It would not surprise me to see him relinquish his GM role afterward and let someone else clean up the mess. I mean if this was a solid strategy then all the other teams would be doing it as well.

If you had a choice, how many on here would choose Joey Burke rather than DD?
The Following User Says Thank You to slamr For This Useful Post:
Old 09-30-2022, 04:55 PM
Team Captain

Thanked 3,295 Times in 1,552 Posts
hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by slamr View Post
Like everyone else I was confused about him playing GM mode in EA Sports but after watching an interview he did recently I think it came a little clearer to me what he's doing.
He said he wants to host the Memorial Cup and he knows the OHL will not consider his bid with a rebuilding team. So he is basically fast-tracking into a more competitive team. That appears to be his main motivation. I don't like it but at least he came clean as to what he is trying to do.
It would not surprise me to see him relinquish his GM role afterward and let someone else clean up the mess. I mean if this was a solid strategy then all the other teams would be doing it as well.

I'd take Joey in a heartbeat. Not that I want him either.

I don't think there's any way the GM is changing anytime soon.
Old 09-30-2022, 05:01 PM
Big League

Thanked 1,019 Times in 686 Posts
Dogs Enthusiast 104 is absolutely magnificent!Dogs Enthusiast 104 is absolutely magnificent!Dogs Enthusiast 104 is absolutely magnificent!Dogs Enthusiast 104 is absolutely magnificent!Dogs Enthusiast 104 is absolutely magnificent!Dogs Enthusiast 104 is absolutely magnificent!Dogs Enthusiast 104 is absolutely magnificent!Dogs Enthusiast 104 is absolutely magnificent!Dogs Enthusiast 104 is absolutely magnificent!Dogs Enthusiast 104 is absolutely magnificent!Dogs Enthusiast 104 is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Ya, he said this in his first cktb interview after the announcement. Which was a few months back. Is that the interview you are talking about or was there a newer one?
Old 09-30-2022, 05:14 PM
Curmudgeon

Thanked 2,584 Times in 1,485 Posts
strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!
Default Dogs trade

Throw away SEVERAL years of competitive play probably starting in 2025 on the HOPES of getting the MemCup (which I doubt would be a giant money maker in a 5300 seat arena)?

simply mind boggling vision

I would take JB in a heartbeat as long as he didn?t hire any family members for the coaching staff and as long as he cleaned up the horsesh*t scouting staff lol

The Following User Says Thank You to strohs For This Useful Post:
Old 09-30-2022, 05:21 PM
Big League

Thanked 1,019 Times in 686 Posts
Dogs Enthusiast 104 is absolutely magnificent!Dogs Enthusiast 104 is absolutely magnificent!Dogs Enthusiast 104 is absolutely magnificent!Dogs Enthusiast 104 is absolutely magnificent!Dogs Enthusiast 104 is absolutely magnificent!Dogs Enthusiast 104 is absolutely magnificent!Dogs Enthusiast 104 is absolutely magnificent!Dogs Enthusiast 104 is absolutely magnificent!Dogs Enthusiast 104 is absolutely magnificent!Dogs Enthusiast 104 is absolutely magnificent!Dogs Enthusiast 104 is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
(which I doubt would be a giant money maker in a 5300 seat arena)?simply mind boggling vision
Years of watching the Memorial Cup. 5300 seems about the right size.
The Following User Says Thank You to Dogs Enthusiast 104 For This Useful Post:
Old 09-30-2022, 06:25 PM
Grump

Thanked 4,004 Times in 2,244 Posts
NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
I honestly do not think that is enough of a return.

I simply do not get the reason for the trade except he simply does not want many (any) players that were from the previous regime

Cook had a very good rookie season on a terrible team

I missed the intros so did not know he was not introduced

This GM is clueless

He was a healthy scratch like Wysisk, his name was called but he did not step onto the ice.

The only thing that occurred to me is that some players may not be buying into the coaching or the fitness regimen. I never watched a Billy practice or workout to know what the pace was like, but I have long complained our boys looked gassed. If I am the new coach and I have passengers who want to coast, I am going to try to work their tails into shape but if they don't, I am asking the GM to get them out of my dressing room.

All it would take is a few eye-rolls and a "that's not what we did last year" and you'd be picking bench splinters out of your hockey pants.
The Following User Says Thank You to NiceDawg For This Useful Post:
Old 09-30-2022, 06:30 PM
Grump

Thanked 4,004 Times in 2,244 Posts
NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockey123 View Post
I'd take Joey in a heartbeat. Not that I want him either.

I don't think there's any way the GM is changing anytime soon.
Joey had years to do his thing, unhindered by Marty. I can't say his draft habits impressed me either. He made a few great trades but we never had a cohesive team under his tenure. Part of being a good GM is knowing who to add and who to minus.
Old 09-30-2022, 06:32 PM
1st Line

slamr has a reputation beyond reputeslamr has a reputation beyond reputeslamr has a reputation beyond reputeslamr has a reputation beyond reputeslamr has a reputation beyond reputeslamr has a reputation beyond reputeslamr has a reputation beyond reputeslamr has a reputation beyond reputeslamr has a reputation beyond reputeslamr has a reputation beyond reputeslamr has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogs Enthusiast 104 View Post
Ya, he said this in his first cktb interview after the announcement. Which was a few months back. Is that the interview you are talking about or was there a newer one?
He said it near the end of this video posted 2 days ago.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fOXmdVRivxQ
The Following User Says Thank You to slamr For This Useful Post:
Old 09-30-2022, 06:42 PM
Team Captain

Thanked 1,069 Times in 865 Posts
dogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Without what happened at the end of last year Id take Joey over him in a heart beat and this might be an unpopular opinion on here but I even said before and after the sale Id rather the Burkes stayed around if they guaranteed the boys wouldnt come back after the ban
The Following User Says Thank You to dogs777 For This Useful Post: