Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum !  

Search:     Photos: 23,850    Downloads: 2,832,954   Msgs Posted: 140,832   Thread Views: 47,940,388   Online Now: 75
Go Back   Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum ! > NIAGARA ICEDOGS Fan Forums > Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News

Notices

Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News Discussions posted by the fans about the Niagara IceDogs - talk about games, players, fights, news, etc.

Old 09-19-2022, 04:15 PM
Top Prospect

AuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to AuldBone
Default The Blacksox Departure

Quote:
Originally Posted by strohs View Post
Maybe the new owner should have given his team some time to see how the young players from last year had improved over the summer before he went on his spending spree

Lets take a look Into the crystal ball a few years from now when the team is devoid of a lot of talent because he has traded all these picks away

An updated draft pick chart showing what we don?t have left would be really nice

Any online sources for that ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Used to be we HAD someone who was all about that ... But he got chased off... lol

Last edited by AuldBone; 09-19-2022 at 04:16 PM. Reason: correction
The Following User Says Thank You to AuldBone For This Useful Post:
Old 09-19-2022, 05:53 PM
Curmudgeon

Thanked 2,584 Times in 1,485 Posts
strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuldBone View Post
Used to be we HAD someone who was all about that ... But he got chased off... lol

Actually he did not get chased off

He did not like it when his opinions were questioned or criticized

And so far the questioners / crticizers have unfortunately been right more often than wrong

Old 09-26-2022, 12:46 PM
Top Prospect

AuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to AuldBone

Quote:
Actually he did not get chased off

He did not like it when his opinions were questioned or criticized

And so far the questioners / crticizers have unfortunately been right more often than wrong

I just liked that someone was willing to do the number crunching, and show their work (when asked), and also was always willing to talk about the more 'boring' aspects. And do the research I just don't have the patience for anymore. lol

It's sad... Another active member gone.. They were nothing if not prolific in their writing, and yes, sometimes they were wrong. But we've all been wrong.

Also, people who tend to be "numbers folk" do tend to be a little temperamental about the work they've done. (I know I can be, when I actually care).

They had a particular outlook, and were right almost as often as they were wrong, just like the rest of us... Some people don't like feeling attacked, I get that... Some people feel the need to attack everything they don't agree with. I don't get that. It's a game that gets us all so worked up. A kid's game, played by young men.

Hockey is like life. Everyone sees it differently, everyone thinks their view is the clearest... There's just no point piling on to someone who espouses an unpopular vein of thought. We've all been right, we've all been wrong. Just most of us don't put ourselves out there quite as far.

Anyway, it's a slow morning, so I thought I'd drop in and check in on how this year's team is shaping up. Maybe after Christmas I will care more.

But in seriousness... Just doesn't feel like this year is going to be anything. I have a feeling IceDogs will win some, lose a lot, and maybe squeak in to the playoffs in 8th place.
The Following User Says Thank You to AuldBone For This Useful Post:
Old 09-26-2022, 07:25 PM
Curmudgeon

Thanked 2,584 Times in 1,485 Posts
strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
I just liked that someone was willing to do the number crunching, and show their work (when asked), and also was always willing to talk about the more 'boring' aspects. And do the research I just don't have the patience for anymore. lol

It's sad... Another active member gone.. They were nothing if not prolific in their writing, and yes, sometimes they were wrong. But we've all been wrong.

Also, people who tend to be "numbers folk" do tend to be a little temperamental about the work they've done. (I know I can be, when I actually care).

They had a particular outlook, and were right almost as often as they were wrong, just like the rest of us... Some people don't like feeling attacked, I get that... Some people feel the need to attack everything they don't agree with. I don't get that. It's a game that gets us all so worked up. A kid's game, played by young men.

Hockey is like life. Everyone sees it differently, everyone thinks their view is the clearest... There's just no point piling on to someone who espouses an unpopular vein of thought. We've all been right, we've all been wrong. Just most of us don't put ourselves out there quite as far.

Anyway, it's a slow morning, so I thought I'd drop in and check in on how this year's team is shaping up. Maybe after Christmas I will care more.

But in seriousness... Just doesn't feel like this year is going to be anything. I have a feeling IceDogs will win some, lose a lot, and maybe squeak in to the playoffs in 8th place.

I totally agree Auldbone
With a lot of this post.

He contributed a lot to the site and I miss a lot of it tbh. It was a lot of work and research. A tad on the optimistic side I might add but the numbers were good

Nothing that was said to him IMO warranted the outcome he chose to take

It is too bad he is not here and it is too bad to lose an active member who contributed a lot to this site

But alas he chose his path.

I feel like really there are only fifteen to twenty members on here that are really active. That is just a nUmber I throw out there. Perhaps I am wrong. But I think it is down quite a bit from what it used to be. It is almost like a sort of secret society lol

Old 09-26-2022, 10:32 PM
Grump

Thanked 4,004 Times in 2,244 Posts
NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:

Oh for the love of Dog (see what I did there) ... No one got chased off, no one was attacked, there was no piling on! The guy was as respected and disrespected as much as anybody on here. He voiced an opinion some people agreed with and some people didn't. Around here that happens only on days that end with the letter "y". Difference being he left. No one asked him to, no one forced him to, no one locked the door when he left. Only thing preventing him from returning is him. I have nothing against the guy personally, I'd buy him a beer or argue opinions about this new season, but I'd still be here.
Old 09-26-2022, 10:38 PM
Grump

Thanked 4,004 Times in 2,244 Posts
NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:

I feel like really there are only fifteen to twenty members on here that are really active. That is just a nUmber I throw out there. Perhaps I am wrong. But I think it is down quite a bit from what it used to be. It is almost like a sort of secret society lol
It is probably around that. The number of casual users has dropped way off too. I believe the site still has a prohibition on new members that needs to be lifted to inspire new growth.
Old 09-27-2022, 08:43 AM
Big League

Thanked 1,019 Times in 686 Posts
Dogs Enthusiast 104 is absolutely magnificent!Dogs Enthusiast 104 is absolutely magnificent!Dogs Enthusiast 104 is absolutely magnificent!Dogs Enthusiast 104 is absolutely magnificent!Dogs Enthusiast 104 is absolutely magnificent!Dogs Enthusiast 104 is absolutely magnificent!Dogs Enthusiast 104 is absolutely magnificent!Dogs Enthusiast 104 is absolutely magnificent!Dogs Enthusiast 104 is absolutely magnificent!Dogs Enthusiast 104 is absolutely magnificent!Dogs Enthusiast 104 is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiceDawg View Post
It is probably around that. The number of casual users has dropped way off too. I believe the site still has a prohibition on new members that needs to be lifted to inspire new growth.
Yep, we need some new blood here.
Old 09-27-2022, 01:06 PM

Moderator has disabled reputation

I stay out of all debates but I have moved this conversation to its own thread to allow people to avoid it or participate as the wish. In terms of active users, vBulletin reports there are 35 members contributing currently out of nearly 1,600 registered users. The block on new registrations remains in effect but anyone wishing to register can be added manually. Please visit LINK to send a message.

Last edited by Moderator; 09-27-2022 at 01:09 PM.
Old 09-27-2022, 03:50 PM
3rd Line

DJBrooks is a splendid one to beholdDJBrooks is a splendid one to beholdDJBrooks is a splendid one to beholdDJBrooks is a splendid one to beholdDJBrooks is a splendid one to beholdDJBrooks is a splendid one to beholdDJBrooks is a splendid one to behold

I always find it fun trying to figure out who a potential user is.

Blacksox I always believed to be one of two people - Joey Burke or Brandon Currie.

The detail regarding players, prospects, etc. always seemed to be more than I would expect an average fan to have. Added with the aggressive pro Icedogs slant it just seemed to be more than a seasons ticket holder to me.

The Blacksox "blowout" happened in January - well before the text messages and investigation started, but makes you wonder if things were a little more heated behind closed doors even by then. I mean the team had a great first two weeks of the season and then it absolutely fell apart with the team at 7-17 at the Xmas break.

This could be wildly wrong.......but just something that always made me wonder.
Old 09-27-2022, 04:38 PM
Big League

Thanked 1,019 Times in 686 Posts
Dogs Enthusiast 104 is absolutely magnificent!Dogs Enthusiast 104 is absolutely magnificent!Dogs Enthusiast 104 is absolutely magnificent!Dogs Enthusiast 104 is absolutely magnificent!Dogs Enthusiast 104 is absolutely magnificent!Dogs Enthusiast 104 is absolutely magnificent!Dogs Enthusiast 104 is absolutely magnificent!Dogs Enthusiast 104 is absolutely magnificent!Dogs Enthusiast 104 is absolutely magnificent!Dogs Enthusiast 104 is absolutely magnificent!Dogs Enthusiast 104 is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Blacksox I always believed to be one of two people - Joey Burke or Brandon Currie.

The detail regarding players, prospects, etc. always seemed to be more than I would expect an average fan to have.
Woah! That makes sense.

They really did have a lot of information seemed difficult to acquire for the average person. I just assume it was somebody who used to be involved in junior hockey and it turned into a hobby. Maybe you are correct and they were using the account as promotion and information for the hard core fans.