Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum !  

Search:     Photos: 23,849    Downloads: 2,832,374   Msgs Posted: 140,781   Thread Views: 47,865,829   Online Now: 141
Go Back   Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum ! > NIAGARA ICEDOGS Fan Forums > Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News

Notices

Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News Discussions posted by the fans about the Niagara IceDogs - talk about games, players, fights, news, etc.

Closed Thread

Old 10-09-2022, 11:23 PM

Moderator has disabled reputation
Game Thread Niagara IceDogs 2022-23 (Week 3)

The IceDogs finish week 2 in 8th place in the East, having lost all three games. Just one game this week:

Sat, Oct 15 FLNT @ NIAG 7:00 PM
Old 10-10-2022, 12:11 AM
Curmudgeon

Thanked 2,581 Times in 1,483 Posts
strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!

A .500 team coming into our barn on the second half of a back to back on the road. Our only game this week we should be healed and healthy.

Should be a gimme two points right?

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

Maybe we can avoid a five minute major penalty and game misconduct at this game as that has happened in two of the three home games thus far this year.

Staying out of the box can be helpful . . .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to strohs For This Useful Post:
Old 10-10-2022, 01:18 AM
Team Captain

Thanked 1,068 Times in 864 Posts
dogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by strohs View Post
A .500 team coming into our barn on the second half of a back to back on the road. Our only game this week we should be healed and healthy.

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

Maybe we can avoid a five minute major penalty and game misconduct at this game as that has happened in two of the three home games thus far this year.

No such thing as a gimme in this league unless itís the worst teams in the league (which flint isnít) and even then they could surprise I donít see us having a shot in a game until Erie the following week as for the healed and healthy part of what you said I highly doubt that
Old 10-10-2022, 11:13 AM
2nd Line

OlDawg is a jewel in the roughOlDawg is a jewel in the roughOlDawg is a jewel in the roughOlDawg is a jewel in the rough

Quote:

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

Amen to that. 'Older teams' tend to have a bit more attitude...
Old 10-10-2022, 11:41 AM
All Star

Thanked 1,323 Times in 906 Posts
three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!

We already beat Flint so hopefully we do it twice.
Old 10-10-2022, 03:08 PM
Curmudgeon

Thanked 2,581 Times in 1,483 Posts
strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!

Some attendance lowlights

I have been keeping track of attendance since we moved to the new arena. It is on a spreadsheet I maintain to figure out what I am doing with my tickets

All attendance lowlights will exclude the pandemic year 2021-22
After three games

4,026 Lowest home opener crowd this year
(4,339 previous low 2015-16)

3,005 lowest home crowd EVER at the new arena was Saturday (again excluding last year)
(3,454 previous low Mar5-2015)

3,369 Lowest average thru first three games this year
(4,325 previous low 2014-2015)

Actually the average attendance this year thru the first three games is only approximately 100 more on average than last years pandemic plagued year first three games)

I never imagined we would see crowds this bad again in this city. It is truly disappointing. IMO a lot of this blame goes directly to the mess created last year by the Burke boys and the accumulation of poor scouting and development that led to the disaster that was last year). Add in the texting scandal mess yikes. I hope DD got a discount on the purchase price!

As is evident in the significant drop off in the crowds so far those boys caused a lot of damage to the goodwill generated by this team over fifteen years and it will take years for it to come back to what it once was.

DD has a lot of off ice work to do to bring people back in the building perhaps he should concentrate on that rather than playing GM.

Just my thoughts.

The numbers do not lie.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to strohs For This Useful Post:
Old 10-10-2022, 05:32 PM
Top Prospect

the dog has a reputation beyond reputethe dog has a reputation beyond reputethe dog has a reputation beyond reputethe dog has a reputation beyond reputethe dog has a reputation beyond reputethe dog has a reputation beyond reputethe dog has a reputation beyond reputethe dog has a reputation beyond reputethe dog has a reputation beyond reputethe dog has a reputation beyond reputethe dog has a reputation beyond repute

As we keep losing the crowds will be even lower
The Following User Says Thank You to the dog For This Useful Post:
Old 10-10-2022, 08:43 PM
Grump

Thanked 4,001 Times in 2,241 Posts
NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by the dog View Post
As we keep losing the crowds will be even lower
Yeah, I published a guide to righting the franchise previously and so far none of it has come true. I am going on an extended vacation and may or may not give a over the next month. If the song remains the same I may be moving on next year. I have already given up the OHL Live option this year, I can read about the losses the next day.
Old 10-10-2022, 11:01 PM
3rd Line

DJBrooks is a splendid one to beholdDJBrooks is a splendid one to beholdDJBrooks is a splendid one to beholdDJBrooks is a splendid one to beholdDJBrooks is a splendid one to beholdDJBrooks is a splendid one to beholdDJBrooks is a splendid one to behold

For Strohs from the last thread.

Here is a database that I was told about years back. No idea who updates it or how accurate it is, but it was always pretty dead on when I was covering the team.

docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/13LiuFoAU-yEyclpmfP4pcpW7tZZ9D2Fo3asvy8D-ypY/edit#gid=319580547

Looking at that....Matts right. The draft capital isn't horrendous. The issue is who is going to come into their own next year from the young kids. They have He, and that's it.... Waddick, Copeland, and Wysick are the only 17 year olds on the team and none of them look ready to be an "it" player. Sure, its early...but man....
Old 10-10-2022, 11:04 PM
3rd Line

DJBrooks is a splendid one to beholdDJBrooks is a splendid one to beholdDJBrooks is a splendid one to beholdDJBrooks is a splendid one to beholdDJBrooks is a splendid one to beholdDJBrooks is a splendid one to beholdDJBrooks is a splendid one to behold

After everything that the team/fanbase has gone through all everyone wanted was stability.

When a guy pays a silly amount of money for a toy you kindd of expect him to be able to afford a solid, experienced, GM. All anyone wanted was a staff with pedigree and a history of winning. Instead we got MORE turmoil with a trade every other day, no GM at all, and a staff that while individually all have decent credentials as a group you have ZERO ohl experience. How does that bring stability?

Quote:
Some attendance lowlights

I have been keeping track of attendance since we moved to the new arena. It is on a spreadsheet I maintain to figure out what I am doing with my tickets

All attendance lowlights will exclude the pandemic year 2021-22
After three games

4,026 Lowest home opener crowd this year
(4,339 previous low 2015-16)

3,005 lowest home crowd EVER at the new arena was Saturday (again excluding last year)
(3,454 previous low Mar5-2015)

3,369 Lowest average thru first three games this year
(4,325 previous low 2014-2015)

Actually the average attendance this year thru the first three games is only approximately 100 more on average than last years pandemic plagued year first three games)

I never imagined we would see crowds this bad again in this city. It is truly disappointing. IMO a lot of this blame goes directly to the mess created last year by the Burke boys and the accumulation of poor scouting and development that led to the disaster that was last year). Add in the texting scandal mess yikes. I hope DD got a discount on the purchase price!

As is evident in the significant drop off in the crowds so far those boys caused a lot of damage to the goodwill generated by this team over fifteen years and it will take years for it to come back to what it once was.

DD has a lot of off ice work to do to bring people back in the building perhaps he should concentrate on that rather than playing GM.

Just my thoughts.

The numbers do not lie.

The Following User Says Thank You to DJBrooks For This Useful Post:
Closed Thread