Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum !  

Search:     Photos: 23,849    Downloads: 2,832,381   Msgs Posted: 140,784   Thread Views: 47,867,716   Online Now: 135
Go Back   Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum ! > NIAGARA ICEDOGS Fan Forums > Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News

Notices

Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News Discussions posted by the fans about the Niagara IceDogs - talk about games, players, fights, news, etc.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1  
Old 11-08-2022, 09:21 PM
5 for fighting 5 for fighting is offline
1st Line
 

Join Date: Sep 2016
Posts: 767
Thanks: 75
Thanked 542 Times in 300 Posts
5 for fighting has a reputation beyond repute5 for fighting has a reputation beyond repute5 for fighting has a reputation beyond repute5 for fighting has a reputation beyond repute5 for fighting has a reputation beyond repute5 for fighting has a reputation beyond repute5 for fighting has a reputation beyond repute5 for fighting has a reputation beyond repute5 for fighting has a reputation beyond repute5 for fighting has a reputation beyond repute5 for fighting has a reputation beyond repute
Default Icedogs are the oldest team in OHL

I know some of you mentioned that when the Icedogs played Barrie, the Barrie television broadcast put up a graphic showing the Icedogs as the oldest team in the OHL. After some searching I was able to find that graphic. Here are the average ages for the 10 oldest teams in the OHL according to that graphic.

Niagara 18.35
Barrie 18.22
Windsor 18.19
Kitchener 18.17
Sarnia 18.04
Hamilton 18.00
Erie 18.00
London 18.00
Peterborough 17.96
Soo 17.96

I think what makes this season so frustrating is that we are not a young developing team. We are an old team at its peak.

Last edited by 5 for fighting; 11-08-2022 at 11:10 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 11-09-2022, 10:50 AM
fishfan51's Avatar
fishfan51 fishfan51 is offline
Resident OHL Expert
 

Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 3,410
Thanks: 296
Thanked 3,367 Times in 1,452 Posts
fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5 for fighting View Post
I know some of you mentioned that when the Icedogs played Barrie, the Barrie television broadcast put up a graphic showing the Icedogs as the oldest team in the OHL. After some searching I was able to find that graphic. Here are the average ages for the 10 oldest teams in the OHL according to that graphic.

Niagara 18.35
Barrie 18.22
Windsor 18.19
Kitchener 18.17
Sarnia 18.04
Hamilton 18.00
Erie 18.00
London 18.00
Peterborough 17.96
Soo 17.96

I think what makes this season so frustrating is that we are not a young developing team. We are an old team at its peak.
https://www.eliteprospects.com/leagu...tats/2022-2023

2022-2023 TEAM COMPARISON

# TEAM PLAYERS EXPERIENCE AVG HEIGHT AVG WEIGHT AVG AGE
1. Barrie Colts 26 1 637 6'0" / 183.31 cm 185 lbs / 83.73 kg 18.19
2. Kitchener Rangers 25 1 504 6'0" / 183.64 cm 183 lbs / 83.08 kg 18.12
3. Niagara IceDogs 26 1 819 6'0" / 183.42 cm 181 lbs / 82.08 kg 18.12
4. Peterborough Petes 27 1 726 6'1" / 184.93 cm 185 lbs / 83.70 kg 18.07
5. Windsor Spitfires 24 1 481 6'1" / 185.13 cm 184 lbs / 83.25 kg 18.04
6. Erie Otters 25 1 561 6'0" / 182.68 cm 180 lbs / 81.72 kg 18.04
7. Sarnia Sting 26 1 549 6'0" / 182.88 cm 176 lbs / 79.96 kg 18.04
8. Saginaw Spirit 28 1 799 6'0" / 183.82 cm 179 lbs / 81.32 kg 17.93
9. London Knights 27 1 354 6'0" / 181.96 cm 178 lbs / 80.78 kg 17.93
10. Kingston Frontenacs 25 1 534 6'0" / 183.72 cm 178 lbs / 80.84 kg 17.92
11. Owen Sound Attack 25 1 706 5'11" / 181.48 cm 175 lbs / 79.36 kg 17.92
12. Flint Firebirds 26 1 513 6'0" / 183.35 cm 176 lbs / 79.81 kg 17.88
13. Hamilton Bulldogs 26 1 440 6'1" / 184.54 cm 178 lbs / 80.73 kg 17.88
14. Sudbury Wolves 26 1 534 6'1" / 184.88 cm 183 lbs / 82.96 kg 17.88
15. Soo Greyhounds 25 1 232 6'1" / 185.56 cm 177 lbs / 80.24 kg 17.88
16. North Bay Battalion 25 1 541 6'0" / 183.64 cm 183 lbs / 83.12 kg 17.88
17. Oshawa Generals 26 1 617 6'1" / 186.23 cm 188 lbs / 85.15 kg 17.85
18. Mississauga Steelheads 27 1 774 6'0" / 183.04 cm 181 lbs / 82.22 kg 17.78
19. Ottawa 67's 24 1 409 6'0" / 181.75 cm 175 lbs / 79.29 kg 17.75
20. Guelph Storm 26 1 611 6'0" / 184.08 cm 187 lbs / 84.81 kg 17.73
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to fishfan51 For This Useful Post:
  #3  
Old 11-12-2022, 05:39 PM
strohs's Avatar
strohs strohs is offline
Curmudgeon
 

Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: St. Catharines
Posts: 5,315
Thanks: 143
Thanked 2,581 Times in 1,483 Posts
strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!
Default

It really is impressive what he has managed to achieve this year

He took a bad young team from last year, made 19 trades, and may have made them worse this year, and made them older with a lot less draft capital available for the future.

Really is an impressive accomplishment!

We are essentially the laughingstock of this league


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to strohs For This Useful Post:
  #4  
Old 11-12-2022, 05:43 PM
DJBrooks DJBrooks is offline
3rd Line
 

Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 113
Thanks: 14
Thanked 168 Times in 72 Posts
DJBrooks is a splendid one to beholdDJBrooks is a splendid one to beholdDJBrooks is a splendid one to beholdDJBrooks is a splendid one to beholdDJBrooks is a splendid one to beholdDJBrooks is a splendid one to beholdDJBrooks is a splendid one to behold
Default

You can remove essentially from this statement


Quote:
Originally Posted by strohs View Post
It really is impressive what he has managed to achieve this year

He took a bad young team from last year, made 19 trades, and may have made them worse this year, and made them older with a lot less draft capital available for the future.

Really is an impressive accomplishment!

We are essentially the laughingstock of this league


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 11-12-2022, 06:15 PM
Chipperdog Chipperdog is offline
Big League
 

Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 1,896
Thanks: 2,438
Thanked 887 Times in 551 Posts
Chipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond repute
Default

Time to fire the GM...what a joke.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 11-13-2022, 12:01 AM
NiceDawg's Avatar
NiceDawg NiceDawg is offline
Grump
 

Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 6,444
Thanks: 1,634
Thanked 4,001 Times in 2,241 Posts
NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chipperdog View Post
Time to fire the GM...what a joke.
anyone want to buy season tickets at a discount?
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 11-13-2022, 01:20 AM
hockey123's Avatar
hockey123 hockey123 is offline
Team Captain
 

Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Section C
Posts: 3,593
Thanks: 489
Thanked 3,292 Times in 1,551 Posts
hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiceDawg View Post
anyone want to buy season tickets at a discount?

I renewed every year without even being asked from day 1 and when I called to renew last year(Before GST date) they told me my seats were gone. At city hall when they were trying to get the rink, every time. Emailed all the local politicians and posted on the forum who was pro arena and who was against. I now root against this team just hoping that this idiot or the league smartens up and ends this. I half think the Burke's did this on purpose.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 11-13-2022, 09:33 AM
dogs777 dogs777 is offline
Team Captain
 

Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 4,414
Thanks: 2,664
Thanked 1,068 Times in 864 Posts
dogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond repute
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockey123 View Post
I renewed every year without even being asked from day 1 and when I called to renew last year(Before GST date) they told me my seats were gone. At city hall when they were trying to get the rink, every time. Emailed all the local politicians and posted on the forum who was pro arena and who was against. I now root against this team just hoping that this idiot or the league smartens up and ends this. I half think the Burke's did this on purpose.
What did the Burkes do on purpose now? The league wonít step in and stop this mess and he wonít care enough to stop it unless players refuse to step on the ice. If anyone was planning something/did this on purpose itís the new owner suck as long as possible get less and less fans try and break the lease at some point then move home
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 11-13-2022, 10:59 AM
strohs's Avatar
strohs strohs is offline
Curmudgeon
 

Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: St. Catharines
Posts: 5,315
Thanks: 143
Thanked 2,581 Times in 1,483 Posts
strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogs777 View Post
What did the Burkes do on purpose now? The league wonít step in and stop this mess and he wonít care enough to stop it unless players refuse to step on the ice. If anyone was planning something/did this on purpose itís the new owner suck as long as possible get less and less fans try and break the lease at some point then move home

That is such a ridiculous take

Sadly This is the owners best attempt to build a competitive squad for a MemCup bid

Not only did he build a roster which is peaking in age before the MemCup, and losing a lot of draft capital in the process, instead of building a competitive team as a potential host, he has put together an even worse squad probably than last years team

It is a comedy of errors lol


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 11-13-2022, 12:28 PM
dogs777 dogs777 is offline
Team Captain
 

Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 4,414
Thanks: 2,664
Thanked 1,068 Times in 864 Posts
dogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond repute
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by strohs View Post
That is such a ridiculous take

Sadly This is the owners best attempt to build a competitive squad for a MemCup bid

Not only did he build a roster which is peaking in age before the MemCup, and losing a lot of draft capital in the process, instead of building a competitive team as a potential host, he has put together an even worse squad probably than last years team

It is a comedy of errors lol


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Saying the news owner might be trying something to get a team in Brantford which he wanted to do for years is ridiculous but saying the Burkes did this on purpose isnít?
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:36 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2023, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
(c) IceDogFans.com, 2007-2019