Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum !  

Search:     Photos: 23,850    Downloads: 2,834,129   Msgs Posted: 140,956   Thread Views: 48,082,361   Online Now: 67
Go Back   Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum ! > NIAGARA ICEDOGS Fan Forums > Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News

Notices

Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News Discussions posted by the fans about the Niagara IceDogs - talk about games, players, fights, news, etc.

Old 11-14-2022, 03:08 PM
1st Line

BoneHead has a reputation beyond reputeBoneHead has a reputation beyond reputeBoneHead has a reputation beyond reputeBoneHead has a reputation beyond reputeBoneHead has a reputation beyond reputeBoneHead has a reputation beyond reputeBoneHead has a reputation beyond reputeBoneHead has a reputation beyond reputeBoneHead has a reputation beyond reputeBoneHead has a reputation beyond reputeBoneHead has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via ICQ to BoneHead Send a message via AIM to BoneHead Send a message via Yahoo to BoneHead
Default Head Coaching Change

I'm shocked at the announcment that they are parting ways with the head coach, but it's something that needed to be done.
I'm shocked that the intern coach is from the 99ers. I'm hoping that this is only temporary while the search for an experienced coach begins. I'm not holding my breath though.

https://niagaraicedogs.net/article/i...ith-fitzgerald

Last edited by BoneHead; 11-14-2022 at 03:16 PM. Reason: Added link
Old 11-14-2022, 03:14 PM
1st Line

5 for fighting has a reputation beyond repute5 for fighting has a reputation beyond repute5 for fighting has a reputation beyond repute5 for fighting has a reputation beyond repute5 for fighting has a reputation beyond repute5 for fighting has a reputation beyond repute5 for fighting has a reputation beyond repute5 for fighting has a reputation beyond repute5 for fighting has a reputation beyond repute5 for fighting has a reputation beyond repute5 for fighting has a reputation beyond repute

If Jeff Angelidis is only the interim head coach, why not name one of the Icedogs assistant coaches as the interim head coach.

They need an experienced OHL coach but I don’t think DeDobbelaer will pay a decent coaches salary. Like I said before, it appears DeDobbelaer wants the Icedogs to be a low budget team.
Old 11-14-2022, 03:22 PM
1st Line

BoneHead has a reputation beyond reputeBoneHead has a reputation beyond reputeBoneHead has a reputation beyond reputeBoneHead has a reputation beyond reputeBoneHead has a reputation beyond reputeBoneHead has a reputation beyond reputeBoneHead has a reputation beyond reputeBoneHead has a reputation beyond reputeBoneHead has a reputation beyond reputeBoneHead has a reputation beyond reputeBoneHead has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via ICQ to BoneHead Send a message via AIM to BoneHead Send a message via Yahoo to BoneHead

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5 for fighting View Post
If Jeff Angelidis is only the interim head coach, why not name one of the Icedogs assistant coaches as the interim head coach.

They need an experienced OHL coach but I donít think DeDobbelaer will pay a decent coaches salary. Like I said before, it appears DeDobbelaer wants the Icedogs to be a low budget team.
My thinking as well. I was surprised to read that they were bringing someone else in to be the intern, who happens to be the head coach of the 99ers, at present.

So we go from Fitzgerald with a 4-10-0-3 record in the OHL to the coach of the 99ers with a 4-19-0-2 record.
Old 11-14-2022, 03:32 PM
Resident OHL Expert

Thanked 3,375 Times in 1,454 Posts
fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!

The 99ers are last in their division with a 4-19-2 record. Have scored 51 while giving up 112.

This should solve everything!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to fishfan51 For This Useful Post:
Old 11-14-2022, 05:11 PM
4th Line

Dawg Tired is a glorious beacon of lightDawg Tired is a glorious beacon of lightDawg Tired is a glorious beacon of lightDawg Tired is a glorious beacon of lightDawg Tired is a glorious beacon of lightDawg Tired is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishfan51 View Post
The 99ers are last in their division with a 4-19-2 record. Have scored 51 while giving up 112.

Looks like a pretty weak attempt to cure half of the problem with the way this team is managed.

Such logic and genius!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-vohNUTTx3A.
Old 11-14-2022, 05:39 PM
Big League

Thanked 1,023 Times in 689 Posts
Dogs Enthusiast 104 is absolutely magnificent!Dogs Enthusiast 104 is absolutely magnificent!Dogs Enthusiast 104 is absolutely magnificent!Dogs Enthusiast 104 is absolutely magnificent!Dogs Enthusiast 104 is absolutely magnificent!Dogs Enthusiast 104 is absolutely magnificent!Dogs Enthusiast 104 is absolutely magnificent!Dogs Enthusiast 104 is absolutely magnificent!Dogs Enthusiast 104 is absolutely magnificent!Dogs Enthusiast 104 is absolutely magnificent!Dogs Enthusiast 104 is absolutely magnificent!

Glad that they are doing something. They gave it a real try and they have failed. Its good they are trying to salvage the season.

Hope they find a solid coach with OHL or better experience.
Old 11-14-2022, 08:41 PM
Curmudgeon

Thanked 2,591 Times in 1,490 Posts
strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:

Somehow I think it may get worse LMFAO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 11-14-2022, 08:44 PM
Resident OHL Expert

Thanked 3,375 Times in 1,454 Posts
fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by strohs View Post

Iím not ****ting you when I say I honestly think I could be a better GM than this guy.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to fishfan51 For This Useful Post:
Old 11-14-2022, 09:22 PM
Curmudgeon

Thanked 2,591 Times in 1,490 Posts
strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Iím not ****ting you when I say I honestly think I could be a better GM than this guy.

I think you could too, you have more experience and knowledge of the O than he does. But maybe to handicap your performance he would not give you access to the wealth of talent in the Brantford organizations he so deeply covets

Lmfao

The Following User Says Thank You to strohs For This Useful Post:
Old 11-14-2022, 10:03 PM
3rd Line

DJBrooks is a splendid one to beholdDJBrooks is a splendid one to beholdDJBrooks is a splendid one to beholdDJBrooks is a splendid one to beholdDJBrooks is a splendid one to beholdDJBrooks is a splendid one to beholdDJBrooks is a splendid one to behold

It got way worse.

You don't spend 10 years hopping teams as an Assistant Coach in the ojhl because you are crushing it in the eyes of management.

Fitzgerald was put in a no win situation. Do I think he needed to be better - absolutely. Was he given the tools to succeed? I doubt it.

All I know is (and yeah I am pounding that same drum) until there is a real GM in Niagara we will continue to be a complete disgrace.

Quote:
Originally Posted by strohs View Post

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to DJBrooks For This Useful Post: