Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum !  

Search:     Photos: 23,850    Downloads: 2,832,969   Msgs Posted: 140,832   Thread Views: 47,941,773   Online Now: 130
Go Back   Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum ! > NIAGARA ICEDOGS Fan Forums > Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News

Notices

Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News Discussions posted by the fans about the Niagara IceDogs - talk about games, players, fights, news, etc.

Old 10-31-2012, 03:12 PM
1st Line

61jr has much to be proud of61jr has much to be proud of61jr has much to be proud of61jr has much to be proud of61jr has much to be proud of61jr has much to be proud of61jr has much to be proud of61jr has much to be proud of
Default Brock Buekeboom Traded (to Guelph)

Brock has been traded to Guelph. In return, we are getting:

Oshawa's 4th Round Pick in 2013, London's 2nd Round Pick in 2014, Brampton's 6th Round Pick in 2014
Old 10-31-2012, 03:16 PM
1st Line

61jr has much to be proud of61jr has much to be proud of61jr has much to be proud of61jr has much to be proud of61jr has much to be proud of61jr has much to be proud of61jr has much to be proud of61jr has much to be proud of

So, that leaves us still with seven defensemen (Dougie Hamilton, Shayne Rover, Jesse Graham, Luke Mercer, Aaron Haydon, Broderick Kelly and Ryan Shipley).

I would guess this move was to make more playing time available for Haydon or Kelly since we had 8 defensemen on the roster.

Best of luck in Guelph Brock, they look to have a really good team this year. It won't be long until we see him again, as Guelph is here on Saturday.
The Following User Says Thank You to 61jr For This Useful Post:
Old 10-31-2012, 03:17 PM
2nd Line

Location: Section C since the beginning then moved to new arena!
canucks4 has much to be proud ofcanucks4 has much to be proud ofcanucks4 has much to be proud ofcanucks4 has much to be proud ofcanucks4 has much to be proud ofcanucks4 has much to be proud ofcanucks4 has much to be proud ofcanucks4 has much to be proud of

Sorry, but I'm glad he's off our blueline. He just coughs up the puck too much and has not lived up to his hype. I wish him well, but glad he's gone.
Old 10-31-2012, 03:19 PM
2nd Line

Puckhound is a name known to allPuckhound is a name known to allPuckhound is a name known to allPuckhound is a name known to allPuckhound is a name known to allPuckhound is a name known to all

I think the Icedogs did pretty well with this deal with the 2nd and 4th. 6th rounds rarely pan out. Too many defensemen on the team. Good luck to Brock... looks like Guelph is going to make a run. This may just be the start of the selling.
Old 10-31-2012, 03:41 PM
Team Captain

Thanked 3,295 Times in 1,552 Posts
hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!

Good trade. Brock has not been good this season. Seems to struggle making the simple plays.

Will they bring in an overage forward to replace him?

The London 2nd in 14 could be a nice pick if they go all in this year.

Last edited by hockey123; 10-31-2012 at 03:45 PM.
Old 10-31-2012, 03:54 PM
1st Line

rabiddogfan has much to be proud ofrabiddogfan has much to be proud ofrabiddogfan has much to be proud ofrabiddogfan has much to be proud ofrabiddogfan has much to be proud ofrabiddogfan has much to be proud ofrabiddogfan has much to be proud ofrabiddogfan has much to be proud ofrabiddogfan has much to be proud of

Hopefully an overager with some offensive skills...that would be nice...Are there any to be had ?

Last edited by rabiddogfan; 10-31-2012 at 05:55 PM.
Old 10-31-2012, 05:14 PM
1st Line

slamr has a reputation beyond reputeslamr has a reputation beyond reputeslamr has a reputation beyond reputeslamr has a reputation beyond reputeslamr has a reputation beyond reputeslamr has a reputation beyond reputeslamr has a reputation beyond reputeslamr has a reputation beyond reputeslamr has a reputation beyond reputeslamr has a reputation beyond reputeslamr has a reputation beyond repute

I like this trade. That's more than I thought we could get for him.
I know the coach is saying he has played well for us this season but I'm afraid I don't share that opinion. Brock hasn't been terrible but just not as good as I was expecting. Too many mistakes that I would expect from a rookie...not a veteran. I felt he struggled in the playoffs against London and it seems to have continued this season. It's too bad because I felt he had a pretty decent training camp and I was hoping he was going to be a solid dman this year.
Looks like the young kids will get the ice time they need now.
The Following User Says Thank You to slamr For This Useful Post:
Old 10-31-2012, 07:05 PM
1st Line

conchar has a reputation beyond reputeconchar has a reputation beyond reputeconchar has a reputation beyond reputeconchar has a reputation beyond reputeconchar has a reputation beyond reputeconchar has a reputation beyond reputeconchar has a reputation beyond reputeconchar has a reputation beyond reputeconchar has a reputation beyond reputeconchar has a reputation beyond reputeconchar has a reputation beyond repute

I wonder if trading Brock will make the coach think about bringing back Bennet now that we have room for another overager. Mitch would give us some size and grit on the forward line. Just a thought...anybody else think this could happen?
Old 10-31-2012, 07:50 PM
1st Line

rabiddogfan has much to be proud ofrabiddogfan has much to be proud ofrabiddogfan has much to be proud ofrabiddogfan has much to be proud ofrabiddogfan has much to be proud ofrabiddogfan has much to be proud ofrabiddogfan has much to be proud ofrabiddogfan has much to be proud ofrabiddogfan has much to be proud of

We definatly could use another skilled forward....I'm thinking there is more to come.
Old 10-31-2012, 08:04 PM
2nd Line

Thunder Hawk has much to be proud ofThunder Hawk has much to be proud ofThunder Hawk has much to be proud ofThunder Hawk has much to be proud ofThunder Hawk has much to be proud ofThunder Hawk has much to be proud ofThunder Hawk has much to be proud ofThunder Hawk has much to be proud ofThunder Hawk has much to be proud ofThunder Hawk has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by slamr View Post
I like this trade. That's more than I thought we could get for him.
I know the coach is saying he has played well for us this season but I'm afraid I don't share that opinion. Brock hasn't been terrible but just not as good as I was expecting. Too many mistakes that I would expect from a rookie...not a veteran. I felt he struggled in the playoffs against London and it seems to have continued this season. It's too bad because I felt he had a pretty decent training camp and I was hoping he was going to be a solid dman this year.
Looks like the young kids will get the ice time they need now.

.......Your post is exactly what i was just about to write !
......Good deal for the Dogs and best of luck for Brock in Guelph